News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The "Jason Heyward Drinks Delicious Cardinal Tears" Sploogetime Thread  ( 40,035 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
What if he just died? He could just die and that'd be great. Just never bother me again
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on May 06, 2018, 10:22:53 PM
What if he just died? He could just die and that'd be great. Just never bother me again

cool

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Yeti on May 06, 2018, 10:26:54 PM

cool

Yup.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on May 07, 2018, 10:38:54 AM
Quote from: Yeti on May 06, 2018, 10:26:54 PM

cool

Yup.

What's his VORL?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

I'm convinced the SKO saga ends with a news anchor talking over a live chopper shot, "We're now looking live at the scene..."
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 07, 2018, 01:57:35 PM

I'm convinced the SKO saga ends with a news anchor talking over a live chopper shot, "We're now looking live at the scene..."

Honestly IRL I am calm about the sports because I just pour all of the angry thoughts into the twitter box so that people I actually care about don't have to deal with them. I just need a place to vent, really, and I chose you poor bastards.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I think Heyward's sudden inability to catch the ball might be the single thing I'm most mad about so far this season. The offense will come around, there's no way the pitching staff can continue to walk this many guys (can they?), but the overall shitty defense so far is infuriating.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: R-V on May 07, 2018, 03:09:49 PM
I think Heyward's sudden inability to catch the ball might be the single thing I'm most mad about so far this season. The offense will come around, there's no way the pitching staff can continue to walk this many guys (can they?), but the overall shitty defense so far is infuriating.

I won't deny my reaction to him is over the top and insane, but when that asshole has gotten to take 1200+ plate appearances while hitting like Junior Lake I've had to deal with "BUT HIS DEFENSE!" over and over, and to see him fuck up repeatedly at the only thing he's even employed for at this point is beyond infuriating.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The "Jason Heyward Drinks Delicious Cardinal Tears" Sploogetime Thread
« Reply #308 on: June 01, 2018, 03:10:28 PM »
According to mlb.com, Over the last 7 games (Why they just don't make this chomp 10 games is a fucking mystery*) he's slashing 455/500/591. He's dinking and doinking his way into actual value.

*Best guess is they're trying to represent a week.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: June 01, 2018, 04:28:12 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 01, 2018, 03:10:28 PM
According to mlb.com, Over the last 7 games (Why they just don't make this chomp 10 games is a fucking mystery*) he's slashing 455/500/591. He's dinking and doinking his way into actual value.

On the one hand I feel like this guy has sucked long enough that we should really let him put together a several month sample size of competence before we act like he's fixed anything. On the other hand he's been so goddamn unbelievably shitty it's hard not to be over the top happy when he's merely competent for a while.

IF, IF he can keep his current slashline against RHP going, combined with Zobrist looking like Classic Zobrist and Happ's bat coming around there's an embarrassment of riches in terms of matchups Joe can go with in the outfield.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: June 01, 2018, 07:56:42 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 01, 2018, 04:28:12 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 01, 2018, 03:10:28 PM

On the one hand I feel like this guy has sucked long enough that we should really let him put together a several month sample size of competence before we act like he's fixed anything. On the other hand he's been so goddamn unbelievably shitty it's hard not to be over the top happy when he's merely competent for a while.

IF, IF he can keep his current slashline against RHP going, combined with Zobrist looking like Classic Zobrist and Happ's bat coming around there's an embarrassment of riches in terms of matchups Joe can go with in the outfield.

The embarrassment is that Joe willl still start Heyward against lefties (or at the very least not pinch hit for him).

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: June 04, 2018, 08:23:53 AM »
In the Damning-with-faint-praise dept...

Heyward is now on track for his best season as a Cub - both 2016 and 2017 he managed a hefty 1.0 WAR. He's currently sitting at 0.6.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: June 04, 2018, 08:47:16 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 04, 2018, 08:23:53 AM

Heyward is now on track for his best season as a Cub - both 2016 and 2017 he managed a hefty 1.0 WAR. He's currently sitting at 0.6.

Yeah it figures the one time his bat is hanging around league average he'll have an inexplicably bad start with the glove.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: June 04, 2018, 11:18:55 AM »
Quote from: SKO on June 04, 2018, 08:47:16 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 04, 2018, 08:23:53 AM

Yeah it figures the one time his bat is hanging around league average he'll have an inexplicably bad start with the glove.

He had that horror show in Colorado that still has his defensive metrics a little skewed.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: June 06, 2018, 10:43:52 PM »
Holy fucking shit