News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: STAR WARS EPISODE 7: THE SPOILERS AWAKEN  ( 20,841 )

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: STAR WARS EPISODE 7: THE SPOILERS AWAKEN
« Reply #60 on: January 11, 2016, 09:42:30 AM »

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2016, 06:07:16 PM »
Loved it. Agree with the criticism while ultimately not caring about the problems. Super glad I never cared to watch Adam Driver in Girls, but then again I knew better than that a long time ago.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: January 12, 2016, 07:22:43 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 12, 2016, 06:07:16 PM
Loved it. Agree with the criticism while ultimately not caring about the problems. Super glad I never cared to watch Adam Driver in Girls, but then again I knew better than that a long time ago.

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2016, 09:04:44 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 12, 2016, 06:07:16 PM

I've seen every episode of that show. JennPex really likes it and it's not a terrible HateWatch. Every couple has their thing that they do that makes their week complete. We watch premium cable on Sunday nights. Girls happens whether I like it or not. Sometimes it makes me laugh. Sometimes it makes me wretch. It's ruined Adam Driver for me. He'd have to do a Brad Pitt in "Snatch" to redeem himself at this point. Kylo Ren is not enough.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2016, 10:34:07 PM »
Saw it again tonight and a few stray thoughts, other than the fact I enjoyed it even more on a second viewing:

• They really hammer home the "Rey is waiting for someone on Jakku" thing up until she's told that they're never coming. There's still so much unexplained in her story that's going to be fun to find out.
  • This will sound dumb, but Kylo Ren isn't dead, right? I'm sure he's not. But how the hell did he make it off the planet before it imploded? Chewie picked up Rey and Finn in the Falcon from the same general area and they barely made it out, so a ship would have had to grab Kylo at basically the same time.
  • Minor quibble: Wouldn't they have sent Leia to meet up with Luke rather than a (presumably) complete stranger in Rey? She's his sister and the one who wants his help with the Resistance.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2016, 07:15:02 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 13, 2016, 10:34:07 PM
Saw it again tonight and a few stray thoughts, other than the fact I enjoyed it even more on a second viewing:

• They really hammer home the "Rey is waiting for someone on Jakku" thing up until she's told that they're never coming. There's still so much unexplained in her story that's going to be fun to find out.
  • This will sound dumb, but Kylo Ren isn't dead, right? I'm sure he's not. But how the hell did he make it off the planet before it imploded? Chewie picked up Rey and Finn in the Falcon from the same general area and they barely made it out, so a ship would have had to grab Kylo at basically the same time.
  • Minor quibble: Wouldn't they have sent Leia to meet up with Luke rather than a (presumably) complete stranger in Rey? She's his sister and the one who wants his help with the Resistance.

Kylo Ren is not dead, obviously, Snoke probably found exactly where Ren was with the force and then Hux and Scotty beamed him out.

I personally think that Leia and Han and Luke all know who Rey is (although I'm still hoping she's not one of their kids, I'm hoping she was just one of Luke's students when Kylo Ren wiped them all out, she survived, and they blocked her memories and then hid her away to keep her from Snoke), and Leia sent her to Luke because she's the Special Destiny Cookie that she knows Luke has been waiting for.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2016, 07:28:15 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 14, 2016, 07:15:02 AM
Quote from: Eli on January 13, 2016, 10:34:07 PM

Kylo Ren is not dead, obviously, Snoke probably found exactly where Ren was with the force and then Hux and Scotty beamed him out.

I personally think that Leia and Han and Luke all know who Rey is (although I'm still hoping she's not one of their kids, I'm hoping she was just one of Luke's students when Kylo Ren wiped them all out, she survived, and they blocked her memories and then hid her away to keep her from Snoke), and Leia sent her to Luke because she's the Special Destiny Cookie that she knows Luke has been waiting for.

Yes.  Leia definitely knows who Rey is, and that's exactly why she sent her to Luke.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2016, 07:28:35 AM »
Also, screw you guys for making me type that.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2016, 07:29:56 AM »
Gotta disagree on some points. I share your sentiment that, hopefully, Rey is not Luke's kid. It doesn't make sense to me that Luke would've allowed one of his kids to basically be abandoned on some planet somewhere.

Likewise, I don't think Han or Leia knew who Rey was. Upon my rewatch I thought maybe Kylo knows, or at least has an idea, though.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 07:37:01 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 14, 2016, 07:29:56 AM
Gotta disagree on some points. I share your sentiment that, hopefully, Rey is not Luke's kid. It doesn't make sense to me that Luke would've allowed one of his kids to basically be abandoned on some planet somewhere.

Likewise, I don't think Han or Leia knew who Rey was. Upon my rewatch I thought maybe Kylo knows, or at least has an idea, though.

I've considered that, too, that she was someone Kylo Ren couldn't bring himself to kill so he hid her away from Luke AND the First Order. That might be why he asks "WHICH GIRL?" when he interrogates that officer

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2016, 08:36:01 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 14, 2016, 07:37:01 AM

I've considered that, too, that she was someone Kylo Ren couldn't bring himself to kill so he hid her away from Luke AND the First Order. That might be why he asks "WHICH GIRL?" when he interrogates that officer

Which means she could be Luke's kid or Han & Leia's kid. Nobody was coming back for her, and nobody recognizes her, because they thought she died when she was 4 or 5 years old.

Luke wouldn't have abandoned his kid to go sulk for 15 years. Maybe he doesn't even know he has a kid. Maybe in the next movie Rey will say to Luke "No... you are my father" and then Luke will say "No, that's not possible" and then jump off the island.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2016, 08:39:34 AM »
Quote from: Tony on January 14, 2016, 08:36:01 AM

Which means she could be Luke's kid or Han & Leia's kid. Nobody was coming back for her, and nobody recognizes her, because they thought she died when she was 4 or 5 years old.

Luke wouldn't have abandoned his kid to go sulk for 15 years. Maybe he doesn't even know he has a kid. Maybe in the next movie Rey will say to Luke "No... you are my father" and then Luke will say "No, that's not possible" and then jump off the island.

Yeah, if it is Luke's kid I am sure they'll have an explanation as to how he didn't just willingly abandon her. But I really, really just don't want her to be a Skywalker or Solo. It's a big ass galaxy. Someone without their DNA can be the savior for once. Hell if it keeps repeating you wonder why that family won't just sterilize itself for the good of everyone.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2016, 08:51:31 AM »

I don't know about that. Maybe he just figured it worked out okay the first time.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2016, 08:52:44 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 14, 2016, 08:51:31 AM

I don't know about that. Maybe he just figured it worked out okay the first time.

Well technically the first time the kid grew up angry and hated sand and killed all of the jedi over it.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2016, 08:54:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 14, 2016, 08:52:44 AM
Quote from: CT III on January 14, 2016, 08:51:31 AM

Well technically the first time the kid grew up angry and hated sand and killed all of the jedi over it.

Exactly, it all worked out...from a certain point of view.