News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Batman v. Superman  ( 12,230 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Batman v. Superman
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2016, 01:55:17 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on April 11, 2016, 01:16:47 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 11, 2016, 12:21:12 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on April 11, 2016, 11:54:29 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 06, 2016, 09:58:26 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on April 06, 2016, 07:10:22 PM
Despite the killer review by SKO, I'll be seeing this movie this weekend. At least I won't be disappointed, because I fully know what I'm getting myself into.

On the bright side, it'll be in a VIP, alcohol-sales-included theater, which you should all try once in your lives if you haven't already.

Okay, but I think I'll wait for a movie that doesn't suck.

I disagree, sir. If you're going to see a movie that sucks, where else should you see it but at a theater where you can get loaded?

Regarding the movie: I had three issues with it. 1) Batman kills a lot of guys, which is bullshit. 2) Lex hops onto the Krypton ship and it speaks perfect English to him from the get-go. 3) During the epic battle with Doomsday, Lois makes a run for the kryptonite spear to help kill the monster. Except she's out of the loop - as far as she knows, the only one that spear will hurt is Superman, i.e., their best chance at stopping the monster.

It was like Zack Snyder took the greatest Batman story, and the most famous Superman story, and blended them together in as shitty a way as possible. Very unfulfilling.

But Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman was outstanding. I thought she did a pretty good job.

How about the fact that Superman then charges Doomsday with the kryptonite spear, even though it will probably kill him (spoiler: it totally does), when he could have just given it to Wonder Woman, who is both super strong AND unaffected by Kryptonite?

This is actually the prefect allegory to the value of sharing. Superman died because he was selfish.

Please. Having not seen the movie, it's apparent that Doomsday is an embodiment of government overreach and wealth redistribution.