News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Tommy LaStella a walk's as good as hit semi-splooge thread  ( 2,423 )

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
Tommy LaStella a walk's as good as hit semi-splooge thread
« on: September 22, 2017, 11:20:04 PM »
I trust him to come off the bench and do something good at the plate. Tonight, he did.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Tommy LaStella a walk's as good as hit semi-splooge thread
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 10:04:19 PM »
He has turned into one hellluva role player. Lord knows I'd never want to see him in the lineup on a daily basis, but he's been a damn fine bat off the bench.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2017, 06:43:12 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 24, 2017, 10:04:19 PM
He has turned into one hellluva role player. Lord knows I'd never want to see him in the lineup on a daily basis, but he's been a damn fine bat off the bench.

I heartily positive LaStella.  His top comparison on BR might be Bobby Hill but he's absolutely been an above-average player for the Cubs, hits RH and LH well and as he's not a FA until 2021, I think we can expect to see quite a bit more of him in his bench role.  He's a smart dude and is only a genuine platoon gig away from being a JIMMY BUTTHOLE for the ages.

EDIT to add: I think on many teams he's absolutely a starter at 2B.  He's slightly unfortunate in that he's on the Cubs and they're so good that his opportunities are very limited.  On the other hand, you know... rings.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2017, 07:50:06 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on September 25, 2017, 06:43:12 AM

I heartily positive LaStella.  His top comparison on BR might be Bobby Hill but he's absolutely been an above-average player for the Cubs, hits RH and LH well and as he's not a FA until 2021, I think we can expect to see quite a bit more of him in his bench role.  He's a smart dude and is only a genuine platoon gig away from being a JIMMY BUTTHOLE for the ages.

EDIT to add: I think on many teams he's absolutely a starter at 2B.  He's slightly unfortunate in that he's on the Cubs and they're so good that his opportunities are very limited.  On the other hand, you know... rings.

I suspect he'll get more playing time in the next year or two as Zobrist continues to decline and fade into more of a role player. This year BENNAY's issues seemed more injury related than age related but I still have my doubts he'll be a full-time or even most-of-the-time player by the end of his contract, and Tommy should presumably be one of the guys picking up the slack.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2017, 08:12:25 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 25, 2017, 07:50:06 AM

I suspect he'll get more playing time in the next year or two as Zobrist continues to decline and fade into more of a role player. This year BENNAY's issues seemed more injury related than age related but I still have my doubts he'll be a full-time or even most-of-the-time player by the end of his contract, and Tommy should presumably be one of the guys picking up the slack.

Even if you remove Zobrist from the equation, he's third on the 3B depth chart behind Bryant and Baez and third on the 2B depth chart behind Baez and Happ. Let him keep giving an .850 OPS off the bench.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 06:58:44 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 25, 2017, 08:12:25 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 25, 2017, 07:50:06 AM

Even if you remove Zobrist from the equation, he's third on the 3B depth chart behind Bryant and Baez and third on the 2B depth chart behind Baez and Happ. Let him keep giving an .850 OPS off the bench.

God that's some sweet action. It's amazing to think we were once excited about Todd Walker.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 07:14:34 PM »
Tommy La Stella prior to 2019: 10 HRs in 947 PAs.

Tommy La Stella in 2019: 10 HRs in 122 PAs.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 07:19:39 PM »
test

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2019, 10:15:36 AM »
Tommy La Stella's homerun binge broke Desipio?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2019, 12:44:31 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on May 14, 2019, 07:14:34 PM
Tommy La Stella prior to 2019: 10 HRs in 947 PAs.

Tommy La Stella in 2019: 10 HRs in 122 PAs.

Nice choice, Theo.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?