News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: John Lackey's Blazing Horse House Inferno  ( 41,297 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: John Lackey's Blazing Horse House Inferno
« Reply #195 on: July 05, 2016, 02:26:33 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 05, 2016, 01:53:37 PM
Quote from: Tonker on June 04, 2016, 01:50:21 AM
Fuck you, everybody else except Huey.

You want to brexit this bandwagon you're on yet, Welshman?

No, not yet, because I'm a grown-up who doesn't still flid out when the water gets a little choppy.  We'll see at the end of the year, shall we?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: July 05, 2016, 02:35:45 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 05, 2016, 02:26:33 PM

No, not yet, because I'm a grown-up who doesn't still flid out when the water gets a little choppy.  We'll see at the end of the year, shall we?

Let's see if he can hold off the unstoppable Red machine while the Cubs drag his ass back into this game.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: July 05, 2016, 02:41:52 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 05, 2016, 02:35:45 PM
Quote from: Tonker on July 05, 2016, 02:26:33 PM

Let's see if he can hold off the unstoppable Red machine while the Cubs drag his ass back into this game.

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: July 05, 2016, 04:03:27 PM »
Anyone else notice the resemblance of John Lackey to a certain goat?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: July 05, 2016, 05:35:09 PM »
I still blame him for getting Schwarber hurt.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: July 05, 2016, 09:05:50 PM »

The fact that he's been somewhat off for the past month matters more than the fact that he pitched ineffectively against a bad team today (if memory serves, he's pitched rather well against Washington and St. Louis).

Still, Lackey was acquired for the postseason.  If you'd still have rather have Hammel plugging the hole in that dyke (!) knock yourself out  Since they're going to be in the postseason regardless of how frustrated you are right now, I recommend you save yourself the angst and wait to lose your shit until then eh, champ?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: July 06, 2016, 08:01:51 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 05, 2016, 09:05:50 PM

The fact that he's been somewhat off for the past month matters more than the fact that he pitched ineffectively against a bad team today (if memory serves, he's pitched rather well against Washington and St. Louis).

Still, Lackey was acquired for the postseason.  If you'd still have rather have Hammel plugging the hole in that dyke (!) knock yourself out  Since they're going to be in the postseason regardless of how frustrated you are right now, I recommend you save yourself the angst and wait to lose your shit until then eh, champ?

Up is down, dogs living with cats, Huey calling for calm...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: July 06, 2016, 08:08:15 AM »

All fair points, but on the other hand, fuck him.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: July 06, 2016, 08:43:55 AM »
Still, Lackey was acquired for the postseason. 

I'll go into his first postseason start hoping they can score 10 runs to overcome the high likelihood that he shits the bed (and then screams at the shit for being in the bed in the first place).

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2016, 08:44:52 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 06, 2016, 08:43:55 AM

I'll go into his first postseason start hoping they can score 10 runs to overcome the high likelihood that he shits the bed (and then screams at the shit for being in the bed in the first place).

I hope Contreras catches him, so I can finally be treated to the on-field pummeling I've been hoping for.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2016, 08:49:56 AM »

I enjoyed his lazy ass watching that ball bounce off the backstop as Hamilton raced home, and I'm sure he'll remember that the next time he's yelling at some dude admiring a 500 foot homer they hit off of one of his belt high fastballs to run the bases.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: July 06, 2016, 08:50:35 AM »

He stymied a pretty solid Cubs offense last year in outdueling Lester in Game 1 of the NLDS (7 1/3, 3 baserunners) before the Cubs finally got to him (well, Baez, mostly) in his next turn--and even that game hinged on the Cubs adding on against the bullpen because Jason Fucking Hammel (over whom, I feel I need to repeat, Lackey is a pretty big step up, all things considered).

That is to say, feel free to see how this plays out.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2016, 09:15:28 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 06, 2016, 08:50:35 AM

He stymied a pretty solid Cubs offense last year in outdueling Lester in Game 1 of the NLDS (7 1/3, 3 baserunners) before the Cubs finally got to him (well, Baez, mostly) in his next turn--and even that game hinged on the Cubs adding on against the bullpen because Jason Fucking Hammel (over whom, I feel I need to repeat, Lackey is a pretty big step up, all things considered).

See, you mistake me hating John Lackey (which I do, and will, forever, unless he wins like 4 postseason games this year) for me thinking Lackey is forever a garbage player or not an upgrade over Jason Hammel. I don't want him shot out of a cannon at the moment. They undoubtedly need him.

I don't have to like him, and on days when he sucks I will vent my righteous fury, because he's a mouthbreathing redassed fuckwit with a garbage personality and unless he's kicking ass for my favorite team he can fuck right off.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2016, 11:40:38 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 06, 2016, 09:15:28 AM

See, you mistake me hating John Lackey (which I do, and will, forever, unless he wins like 4 postseason games this year) for me thinking Lackey is forever a garbage player or not an upgrade over Jason Hammel. I don't want him shot out of a cannon at the moment. They undoubtedly need him.

I don't have to like him, and on days when he sucks I will vent my righteous fury, because he's a mouthbreathing redassed fuckwit with a garbage personality and unless he's kicking ass for my favorite team he can fuck right off.

I, for one, will never get tired of SKO venting his righteous fury.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: July 06, 2016, 11:52:23 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on July 06, 2016, 11:40:38 AM
Quote from: SKO on July 06, 2016, 09:15:28 AM

I, for one, will never get tired of SKO venting his righteous fury.

Seems legit.