News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: John Lackey's Blazing Horse House Inferno  ( 41,202 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: John Lackey's Blazing Horse House Inferno
« Reply #255 on: June 08, 2017, 01:46:09 PM »
Quote from: R-V on June 08, 2017, 01:30:47 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 08, 2017, 12:35:29 PM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on June 08, 2017, 10:59:59 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 08, 2017, 10:18:17 AM
Quote from: R-V on June 08, 2017, 10:10:52 AM
I want the Cubs to trade for a good starter and move Lackey to the bullpen. Mostly because he sucks but partially because I want to laugh at his inevitable red assed reaction to the demotion.

Anybody interested in a shortstop with sore knuckles?

What's that got to do with Lackey?

Man, when Fork gets a notion in his head, he's unstoppable...

Trading for a good starting pitcher was the first point here. How do you propose the Cubs get one without giving up anything good?

I mean, even if this whole shitstorm winds up just being a wet fart, one of the choices Jepstink might still have to make is Baez or Russell.

Pretty confident when I say that literally no one on this message board has made that argument.

Nobody did. But Huard was so anxious to paint me as running some sort of kangaroo court (MLB is investigating, and they've suspended bigger stars than Russell, so they're not sweeping anything uder the rug here) that my suggestion that a player maybe being somewhat more available these days due to off-field issues was somehow pushing a narrative.

Or maybe Huard thinks we can get Kershaw for LaStella. Remember, not a meatball.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #256 on: June 08, 2017, 02:13:06 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 08, 2017, 01:46:09 PM
I want the Cubs to trade for a good starter and move Lackey to the bullpen. Mostly because he sucks but partially because I want to laugh at his inevitable red assed reaction to the demotion.

Trading for a good starting pitcher was the first point here. How do you propose the Cubs get one without giving up anything good?

I mean, even if this whole shitstorm winds up just being a wet fart, one of the choices Jepstink might still have to make is Baez or Russell.

Pretty confident when I say that literally no one on this message board has made that argument.

Nobody did. But Huard was so anxious to paint me as running some sort of kangaroo court (MLB is investigating, and they've suspended bigger stars than Russell, so they're not sweeping anything uder the rug here) that my suggestion that a player maybe being somewhat more available these days due to off-field issues was somehow pushing a narrative.

Or maybe Huard thinks we can get Kershaw for LaStella. Remember, not a meatball.

Russell's value is not what it was a few months ago. Or even three years ago, especially if he's facing a 30-game suspension.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #257 on: June 08, 2017, 08:32:19 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 08, 2017, 02:13:06 PM

Russell's value is not what it was a few months ago. Or even three years ago, especially if he's facing a 30-game suspension.

The Yankees got a top 5 prospect for a domestic abuser who's a far less valuable player than Russell is.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #258 on: June 08, 2017, 08:32:57 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on June 08, 2017, 02:13:06 PM

30 games is a drop in the bucket for an elite glove who is under control for 4 years after this one.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #259 on: June 09, 2017, 09:16:34 AM »
Back to Lackey...

Fels speaks for me.
TIME TO POST!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #260 on: June 09, 2017, 02:15:32 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 09, 2017, 09:16:34 AM
Back to Lackey...

Fels speaks for me.

If he wasn't wearing the cowboy hat maybe I could sympathize with him.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #261 on: June 12, 2017, 07:00:46 PM »
Still shitty.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #262 on: June 12, 2017, 08:35:56 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 12, 2017, 07:00:46 PM
Still shitty.

It doesn't matter. Give up 100 if your offense is going to continue to suck.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #263 on: June 13, 2017, 08:29:49 AM »

Bronson Arroyo leads MLB with 20 HR allowed.

Lackey is at 19.

C'Mon John, you got this.
TIME TO POST!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2017, 12:57:44 PM »
AtCubs posted photos of Ol' John for Fathers' Day, reminding us that every child deserves a dad who leaves his mother when she selfishly gets cancer.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2017, 05:20:34 PM »
Today was a much-needed effort, and one for which he was long overdue to deliver.   I was reminded of a similar game on the Sunday right before the All-Star Break last season, when the Cubs had already gone 5-15 (and 27-29 over a near-2-month stretch) and it had felt like they kept losing leads and Lackey did, in fact, lose the lead in this game--twice I wanna say--but otherwise kept them in until they could hang on for what-amounts-to-whatever-value-a-single-regular-season-win-for-a-103-win-team-can-be.  Well that game was also against Pittsburgh and those are about the only 2 times I'll probably recall Lackey fondly (maybe a third--when he shoved it up STL's ass 1-0 in one of his earliest starts) since he sure has shit didn't do a thing in the playoffs last year (and hopefully won't get a chance this year).
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #266 on: June 28, 2017, 07:52:08 PM »
FTGDFGA (This, not these)
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #268 on: June 29, 2017, 08:14:46 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 13, 2017, 08:29:49 AM

Bronson Arroyo leads MLB with 20 HR allowed.

Lackey is at 19.

C'Mon John, you got this.

Last night put him one ahead of Arroyo and Nolasco with 24.
TIME TO POST!

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #269 on: July 18, 2017, 09:36:43 PM »
Good to see the time off has helped Lackey...
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."