News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: David Ross' Grandpa Strength Splooge Thread.  ( 12,017 )

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: David Ross' Grandpa Strength Splooge Thread.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 09:52:30 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 19, 2016, 02:15:16 AM
Quote from: Tonker on May 19, 2016, 01:55:35 AM
And another fucking pickoff, this time at second.  Four now this year.

I'm not going to lie: David Ross gives me a big, greasy, uncut Euroboner.  I love the guy.

Hopefully he doesn't retire!

He can get the bulk of the playing time over Montero for as long as he can handle it, as far I'm concerned. I was calling last night the Travis Wood game which is funny to me at least, but what Ross did was just as remarkable. What a season he's having. And they're so good offensively that his struggles at the plate don't really offset all the good work he's doing behind it.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 09:55:49 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 19, 2016, 09:52:30 AM

I'm not going to lie: David Ross gives me a big, greasy, uncut Euroboner.  I love the guy.

He can get the bulk of the playing time over Montero for as long as he can handle it, as far I'm concerned. I was calling last night the Travis Wood game which is funny to me at least, but what Ross did was just as remarkable. What a season he's having. And they're so good offensively that his struggles at the plate don't really offset all the good work he's doing behind it.

Yeah, pretty good with at least a 50/50 split of the catching duties. Montero is just painful to watch at the plate right now, and he can't throw anymore. Let Grandpa play as long as he wants to, and by that I mean until Willson Contreras goes nuts in September like he's Geovany Soto in 2007 and eventually becomes the catcher for the playoffs. Except this time we'll make sure Oleg doesn't introduce him to the devil's tobacco.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 10:21:11 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2016, 09:55:49 AM

Yeah, pretty good with at least a 50/50 split of the catching duties. Montero is just painful to watch at the plate right now, and he can't throw anymore. Let Grandpa play as long as he wants to, and by that I mean until Willson Contreras goes nuts in September like he's Geovany Soto in 2007 and eventually becomes the catcher for the playoffs. Except this time we'll make sure Oleg doesn't introduce him to the devil's tobacco.

The devil's tobacco is most likely tobacco.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 10:22:58 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 19, 2016, 10:21:11 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 19, 2016, 09:55:49 AM

The devil's tobacco is most likely tobacco.

Don't push your pro-weed agenda on me, not after seeing the horrible repercussions that a devastating marijuana addiction had on the promising career of young Geovany.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 11:21:01 AM »

Struggles at the plate?  He's good for a .759 OPS, and is waiting by the phone for your apology.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 02:10:31 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 19, 2016, 11:21:01 AM

Struggles at the plate?  He's good for a .759 OPS, and is waiting by the phone for your apology.

I'm sorry.

Grandmaster Wang

• Hi. I'm Herschel Walker.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 02:48:48 PM »
This fuckin guy.
Some dude in Cairo just punched a camel in the face on CNN.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 02:52:49 PM »
Quote from: Grandmaster Wang on May 27, 2016, 02:48:48 PM
This fuckin guy.

He is the Dirty Grandpa.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2016, 01:44:33 PM »
How good is this?

Second best catcher ERA in baseball behind Ross is A.J. Ellis at 2.42, and he catches Kershaw.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2016, 01:45:56 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 13, 2016, 01:44:33 PM
How good is this?

Second best catcher ERA in baseball behind Ross is A.J. Ellis at 2.42, and he catches Kershaw.

Catcher's ERA? Bad News Mike? Is that you? How's Koyie Hill doing?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2016, 02:59:31 PM »
How good is this?

Basically, the Cubs have a really good pitching staff.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2016, 03:38:56 PM »
Quote from: Eli on June 13, 2016, 02:59:31 PM
How good is this?

Also the best defense in the game. Which owes something to David Ross, so kudos. But catcher's ERA is dumb as hell, and it's something Cardinals fans throw out to prop up their ludicrous YADI FOR HOF campaign. So no.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2016, 04:10:44 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 13, 2016, 03:38:56 PM
Quote from: Eli on June 13, 2016, 02:59:31 PM
How good is this?

Also the best defense in the game. Which owes something to David Ross, so kudos. But catcher's ERA is dumb as hell, and it's something Cardinals fans throw out to prop up their ludicrous YADI FOR HOF campaign. So no.

Which you can now counter with "David Ross is better", so you're welcome.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2016, 10:49:41 PM »

Somebody has to post a .gif of Grandpa's "FUCK YEAH" from the top of the 7th after picking off Gyorko at first.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen