News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ben Zobrist ain't half bad splooge thread  ( 13,126 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ben Zobrist ain't half bad splooge thread
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2017, 02:47:21 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 10, 2017, 01:17:20 PM
He was also very fond of Jorge and when that trade was made he basically ranted about how Davis was clearly hurt and Jorge was too valuable etc.

Yes, Jorge is such a durable baseball player. Hard to imagine him losing any time to injuries. How's he doing this year anyway?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2017, 02:53:12 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on May 10, 2017, 02:47:21 PM
He was also very fond of Jorge and when that trade was made he basically ranted about how Davis was clearly hurt and Jorge was too valuable etc.

Yes, Jorge is such a durable baseball player. Hard to imagine him losing any time to injuries. How's he doing this year anyway?

Yeah, I think Stan is a young dude who gets attached to players he's followed for years, and then rather than just admit "I liked that guy and I am sad he's gone" he just goes over the top in his criticism of the player they acquired instead, thus Zobrist, who hadn't really shown any signs of decline at all in 2015 was basically old and decrepit, and Wade Davis was somehow the injury prone person in a trade for Jorge Soler.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2017, 03:29:03 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 10, 2017, 02:53:12 PM

Yeah, I think Stan is a young dude who gets attached to players he's followed for years, and then rather than just admit "I liked that guy and I am sad he's gone" he just goes over the top in his criticism of the player they acquired instead, thus Zobrist, who hadn't really shown any signs of decline at all in 2015 was basically old and decrepit, and Wade Davis was somehow the injury prone person in a trade for Jorge Soler humorless cunt who becomes legitimately unhinged over the most negligible shit, like when people have the temerity to not only pronounce Latin incorrectly wrong but to create nicknames based on said mispronunciation.

I fixed that for you.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on May 10, 2017, 03:29:03 PM

Yeah, I think Stan is a young dude who gets attached to players he's followed for years, and then rather than just admit "I liked that guy and I am sad he's gone" he just goes over the top in his criticism of the player they acquired instead, thus Zobrist, who hadn't really shown any signs of decline at all in 2015 was basically old and decrepit, and Wade Davis was somehow the injury prone person in a trade for Jorge Soler humorless cunt who becomes legitimately unhinged over the most negligible shit, like when people have the temerity to not only pronounce Latin incorrectly wrong but to create nicknames based on said mispronunciation.

I fixed that for you.

I mean I try not to judge the dude for being upset about things like that, if he's a latin guy whose been annoyed his whole life about people just mispronouncing his name and not even caring I can understand if he has a weird prickly response to that kind of stuff.

That said he's also condescending and humorless about literally everything else so, yeah.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2017, 06:12:09 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 10, 2017, 03:32:10 PM

I fixed that for you.

I mean I try not to judge the dude for being upset about things like that, if he's a latin guy whose been annoyed his whole life about people just mispronouncing his name and not even caring I can understand if he has a weird prickly response to that kind of stuff.

That said he's also condescending and humorless about literally everything else so, yeah.
Did you ever get the feeling that not only are you not on the same page as everyone else, you are singing hymns from the wrong book?
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: May 10, 2017, 10:44:11 PM »

I fixed that for you.

Fuck that dumbass cunt bitch

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2017, 12:53:09 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 10, 2017, 10:44:11 PM

I fixed that for you.

How do you guys really feel about Stan Crewsett though
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2017, 09:06:14 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 11, 2017, 12:53:09 AM

I fixed that for you.

I like him.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2017, 10:11:50 AM »

I fixed that for you.

I positive him for his whole "not being Al Yellon" thing.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2017, 11:38:59 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 11, 2017, 09:06:14 AM

I fixed that for you.

I like him.

I'm assuming this stems from the years of frustration you've endured with people not knowing how to correctly pronounce your last name.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2017, 01:01:02 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on May 11, 2017, 11:38:59 AM
Quote from: Eli on May 11, 2017, 09:06:14 AM

I fixed that for you.

I like him.

I'm assuming this stems from the years of frustration you've endured with people not knowing how to correctly pronounce your last name.

Usually my response is, "It's fine. I wouldn't know how to say it either."

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2017, 01:08:38 PM »

I fixed that for you.

I have an irrational hatred that is petty and dumb, but he's pretty insufferable, so I feel vindicated by it. I enjoy the hatred

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2017, 01:20:14 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on May 11, 2017, 01:08:38 PM

I fixed that for you.

I have an irrational hatred that is petty and dumb, but he's pretty insufferable, so I feel vindicated by it. I enjoy the hatred

He's a good writer and he often has good insights into minor league players and other stuff, he's just so condescending to anyone he disagrees with that I eventually stopped following him. On the other hand I assume literally anyone I have ever disagreed with says the same about me.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2017, 01:53:38 PM »
It's a proven fact that guys are more likeable when you agree with what they say.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2017, 03:11:10 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 11, 2017, 01:53:38 PM
It's a proven fact that guys are more likeable when you agree with what they say.

Dislike.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?