News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2016 Chicago Cubs: World Series Champions  ( 12,583 )

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2016 Chicago Cubs: World Series Champions
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2016, 09:57:56 AM »
I just keep crying today.

I work with some Indians fans. I saw one this morning and I just hugged him. I didn't know what to say.

Everyone at work wants to talk to me today, but I'm not sure I'm capable. I should want to talk about this over and over but I'm still a wreck.

Thanks for being a part of all this for so long.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2016, 10:00:31 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 03, 2016, 09:57:56 AM
I just keep crying today.

I work with some Indians fans. I saw one this morning and I just hugged him. I didn't know what to say.

Everyone at work wants to talk to me today, but I'm not sure I'm capable. I should want to talk about this over and over but I'm still a wreck.

Thanks for being a part of all this for so long.

I don't have many words to describe how I feel. I think it's strange because I actually believed it would happen. It's not a fluke. It's not like a guarantee that they would win, but I'm not surprised they did. I think I'm satisfied...and euphoric.

Pen said it well...thanks everyone for being a part of this. This has been a fun ride, and it's really just starting to get much better.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2016, 10:29:50 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 03, 2016, 12:01:10 AM
I HONESTLY THOUGHT THAT I WOULD NEVER SEE THIS IN MY LIFETIME.

Ok, this got me.

לשנה הבאה בריגלי

(that last word is b-rgili)

BldrMike

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2016, 10:38:08 AM »
Hey guys,

Long time listener, etc. etc.  Want to thank all of you for being a great place to go as a Cubs fan all of these years. I'd also like to bring out something CT III wrote years ago (in 2011) - it was in some Tony LaRussa thread. I actually saved it because it rang so goddamn true for me that I never forgot it.  It felt good reading it then - during another losing season - and it came true. Glorious, indeed.  Keep doing what you do, guys.

Quote from: CT III on October 28, 2011, 10:47:20 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on October 28, 2011, 10:42:21 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on October 28, 2011, 10:41:31 PM
I move that this thread be destroyed and never spoken of again.

Seconded.

Bah, who gives a shit?  Honestly, outside of Dogpatch?  Nobody.  Theo Epstein is going to build this shit here in Chicago.  And the Cubs are going to win.  And when they do, it's going to be the story of the fucking century.  The Cards fans will cry because they have more World Series titles and the Sox will bitch because they did it first and it won't matter because nobody gives a shit because it all pales in comparison to a single Cubs win..  The Cubs will win the World Series, and all other teams will cease to exist.  And we'll be as obnoxious and insufferable as a billion Red Sox fans.  It will be glorious.  Fucking glorious.

THESE ARE THE DEMANDS AND SAYINGS OF CT.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »
Quote from: BldrMike on November 03, 2016, 10:38:08 AM
Hey guys,

Long time listener, etc. etc.  Want to thank all of you for being a great place to go as a Cubs fan all of these years. I'd also like to bring out something CT III wrote years ago (in 2011) - it was in some Tony LaRussa thread. I actually saved it because it rang so goddamn true for me that I never forgot it.  It felt good reading it then - during another losing season - and it came true. Glorious, indeed.  Keep doing what you do, guys.

Seconded.

Bah, who gives a shit?  Honestly, outside of Dogpatch?  Nobody.  Theo Epstein is going to build this shit here in Chicago.  And the Cubs are going to win.  And when they do, it's going to be the story of the fucking century.  The Cards fans will cry because they have more World Series titles and the Sox will bitch because they did it first and it won't matter because nobody gives a shit because it all pales in comparison to a single Cubs win..  The Cubs will win the World Series, and all other teams will cease to exist.  And we'll be as obnoxious and insufferable as a billion Red Sox fans.  It will be glorious.  Fucking glorious.

Boulder, eh?
If you want a shirtless hug, I'm at 13th and Walnut.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2016, 11:32:48 AM »
Hey guys,

Seconded.

CT-- this is one of the better characters you ever created.

And it is glorious.  Fucking glorious.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2016, 12:11:33 PM »
My son turned 4 minutes after they won. I'm losing it on the reg today.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2016, 12:24:49 PM »
Hey guys,

Seconded.

If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Grandmaster Wang

• Hi. I'm Herschel Walker.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2016, 02:21:55 PM »
I'm on about 2 hours of sleep, and just finished watching Game 7 in its entirety for the 4th time.
Some dude in Cairo just punched a camel in the face on CNN.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2016, 02:34:31 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on November 03, 2016, 11:32:48 AM
Hey guys,

Seconded.

CT-- this is one of the better characters you ever created.

And it is glorious.  Fucking glorious.

This may have been the smartest thing I ever wrote.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2016, 02:41:54 PM »
https://twitter.com/JedHoyer_/status/794254960447746048

Quote from: Jed Hoyer Twitter Account probably ran by TheoAaahhhhh!  Anyone have a hand towel?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2016, 03:48:16 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 03, 2016, 11:18:39 AM
Hey guys,

Seconded.

Boulder, eh?
If you want a shirtless hug, I'm at 13th and Walnut.

Across the street from wherever it is that you are.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2016, 04:25:46 PM »
All day long today people have been wandering into my office  and emailing me with congratulations.  I appreciate their generosity and sincerity.  But I am beginning to feel unworthy.  I squirm and apologize.  I am only a fan.  I didn't do it.  I am ashamed of myself for not having felt as happy for these Giants fans when their team won every other year.  (This year was supposed to be theirs under that scheme.)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

BigDrinky

• Idiot Savant
  • Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2016, 11:05:27 AM »
Watching the parade has started the feels up all over again.  Just seeing those buses with the '2016 World Champion Chicago Cubs' lettering on the side hit home.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2016, 11:18:54 AM »
Quote from: BigDrinky on November 04, 2016, 11:05:27 AM
Watching the parade has started the feels up all over again.  Just seeing those buses with the '2016 World Champion Chicago Cubs' lettering on the side hit home.

I regret picking the ABC 7 stream with an anchor who doesn't know any of the players and identified every open-topped bus as "another bus with players these fans wanted to see."  Then the cameras didn't bother zooming in so I couldn't tell, either.  I demand another World Series in 2017 with BETTER PARADE COVERAGE, DAMMIT
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?