News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Cubs 2017 Let's Win Two!  ( 37,904 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Cubs 2017 Let's Win Two!
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2017, 02:51:01 AM »
I never stopped hating John Lackey.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2017, 08:50:00 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 30, 2017, 02:51:01 AM

Same. I also get tired of the way he's often described as "gritting out" a 6 inning start where he allows 4-6 runs each time. His ERA is over 5, I really don't care that he tends to do all of his tub shitting in 1 or 2 innings and then sandwiches those around 3-4 clean innings.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2017, 11:13:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 30, 2017, 08:50:00 AM

Same. I also get tired of the way he's often described as "gritting out" a 6 inning start where he allows 4-6 runs each time. His ERA is over 5, I really don't care that he tends to do all of his tub shitting in 1 or 2 innings and then sandwiches those around 3-4 clean innings.

I had no problem setting aside Lackey's assholishness the entire season last year, based on the "Rodman Effect" and in particular Lackey's alleged penchant for being a "Big Game Pitcher®".

Well that pretty much died on the Chavez Ravine mound when the Cubs were fighting for their lives against the Dodgers, having entered the game down 2-1 in the series but taking control of Lackey's game and running out to a 5-0 lead, at which point this fucking guy not only walked the first two batters of the fifth inning but then had the out-and-out fucking audacity to act surprised to get pulled from the game.  He had one shot at redemption after and then again shit the tub against the Indians in the 1 World Series game I attended. Granted, the defense didn't help him, and that typically leads to another mark against Lackey wherein he shows up his teammates like a White Zambrano.

I hope he can at least eat up 150 more innings this year, and not be needed to pitch in the playoffs and in the meantime I'll just simply not look forward to his starts.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: April 30, 2017, 12:08:16 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on April 30, 2017, 11:13:52 AM

I had no problem setting aside Lackey's assholishness the entire season last year, based on the "Rodman Effect" and in particular Lackey's alleged penchant for being a "Big Game Pitcher®".

Well that pretty much died on the Chavez Ravine mound when the Cubs were fighting for their lives against the Dodgers, having entered the game down 2-1 in the series but taking control of Lackey's game and running out to a 5-0 lead, at which point this fucking guy not only walked the first two batters of the fifth inning but then had the out-and-out fucking audacity to act surprised to get pulled from the game.  He had one shot at redemption after and then again shit the tub against the Indians in the 1 World Series game I attended. Granted, the defense didn't help him, and that typically leads to another mark against Lackey wherein he shows up his teammates like a White Zambrano.

I hope he can at least eat up 150 more innings this year, and not be needed to pitch in the playoffs and in the meantime I'll just simply not look forward to his starts.

I never thought I would say this but I kind of like him.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: May 01, 2017, 07:53:51 AM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on April 30, 2017, 11:13:52 AM

Yeah, I've said multiple times him sucking in the playoffs was a blessing in disguise now that they've won anyway and I don't have to feel conflicted thing about his contributions to that title whenever I want to hate his stupid fucking face.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2017, 08:47:45 PM »
Really who isn't fond of trailing after the first every day

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2017, 09:09:19 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2017, 08:47:45 PM
Really who isn't fond of trailing after the first every day

Sorry, what's the score? I was too busy buying a Brett Anderson shirsey.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: May 02, 2017, 09:38:14 PM »
This is the unrelenting offense we know and love.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: May 04, 2017, 06:43:06 PM »
Bring on the Yankees. I want to see Carl strike out Judge at least twice. And for everyone to homer off Chapman. Including Carl.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2017, 09:09:19 AM »
Give Starlin a ring. You've got 2000 of the fuckers. Give one to Starlin

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2017, 10:28:21 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 05, 2017, 09:09:19 AM
Starlin was traded for Warren who was traded for Chapman who gave up the lead in Game 7.

So, yeah.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2017, 11:44:46 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 05, 2017, 10:28:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 05, 2017, 09:09:19 AM
Starlin was traded for Warren who was traded for Chapman who gave up the lead in Game 7.got the win in Game 7

So, yeah.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2017, 11:46:03 AM »
If Bob Dernier, who was worth 3 fWAR in 4 years as a Cub, can get one of those 2000 f--kin rings then by god give one to Starlin.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2017, 11:58:32 AM »
Also I do find it weird that Ricketts gave WS rings to basically all living 69 Cubs (and two dead ones), Jody Davis, Bob Dernier, Scott Sanderson, Ryne Sandberg, and Jose Cardenal, but Dunston/Grace didn't get any. If he was just handing out rings like candy to ex-fan favorites I'd think those two would be on the list. Sammy of course gets the shaft but I wasn't aware of any fall out between current Cubs ownership and Grace.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: May 05, 2017, 02:05:45 PM »
Folk's,,, SKO is mad online.