News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Bears 2017: The Quest for Draft Picks  ( 2,410 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Bears 2017: The Quest for Draft Picks
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2017, 11:07:25 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 30, 2017, 08:48:28 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 30, 2017, 04:34:56 PM
Quote from: SKO on October 30, 2017, 08:48:38 AM
I don't know how you legitimately evaluate Trubisky with that supporting cast. That's the worst set of receivers I've ever seen, and the Bears have put out some really fucking shitty receiving groups. I'd rather see Knox and Hester back out there. Trubisky could suck, he could be good, I'm not drawing any conclusions until he has actual players around him.
Agreed. But he missed at least four or five passes yesterday that were under thrown, overthrown or behind his target. Wasn't very encouraging.

Very unhappy that Paced is allowing this coaching staff to try to teach this kid given they all may be out in 9 weeks. Still think they should have fired Fox before the year started or extended him so the coaching staff could focus on development and not on wins.

How many throws did they let him make the last two weeks before Sunday, 16 and 7 I think? Kid can't even get into a rhythm. I've definitely seen enough to be cautiously optimistic on the Trubisky Train.

He's caught in the absolute worst possible offense for a rookie QB. The talent around him is terrible and the coaching staff thinks "protecting" a young QB means throwing only on 3rd and long or limiting the number of attempts. Honestly they should throw early and often with an emphasis on spreading the field and getting him easily completions, letting him get into a rhythm. They're incredibly bland and boring and when you are asking a QB to pass only when the defense is expecting a pass you're really fucking him over. I think they only use Tarik Cohen as a receiver out of one or two formations, they never split him out wide, etc. It's like Mike Tice is back.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 01:12:11 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 31, 2017, 11:07:25 AM
I don't know how you legitimately evaluate Trubisky with that supporting cast. That's the worst set of receivers I've ever seen, and the Bears have put out some really fucking shitty receiving groups. I'd rather see Knox and Hester back out there. Trubisky could suck, he could be good, I'm not drawing any conclusions until he has actual players around him.
Agreed. But he missed at least four or five passes yesterday that were under thrown, overthrown or behind his target. Wasn't very encouraging.

Very unhappy that Paced is allowing this coaching staff to try to teach this kid given they all may be out in 9 weeks. Still think they should have fired Fox before the year started or extended him so the coaching staff could focus on development and not on wins.

How many throws did they let him make the last two weeks before Sunday, 16 and 7 I think? Kid can't even get into a rhythm. I've definitely seen enough to be cautiously optimistic on the Trubisky Train.

He's caught in the absolute worst possible offense for a rookie QB. The talent around him is terrible and the coaching staff thinks "protecting" a young QB means throwing only on 3rd and long or limiting the number of attempts. Honestly they should throw early and often with an emphasis on spreading the field and getting him easily completions, letting him get into a rhythm. They're incredibly bland and boring and when you are asking a QB to pass only when the defense is expecting a pass you're really fucking him over. I think they only use Tarik Cohen as a receiver out of one or two formations, they never split him out wide, etc. It's like Mike Tice is back.

Say what?

Pretty sure Carr would have killed for the Bears' offensive line and anyone near as talented as Jordan Howard.
His receivers weren't any better than these clowns either.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2017, 01:50:12 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 31, 2017, 01:12:11 PM

Say what?

Pretty sure Carr would have killed for the Bears' offensive line and anyone near as talented as Jordan Howard.

Well I don't think it's possible for Mitch to play for the 2002 Texans, actually.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 03:25:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on October 31, 2017, 01:50:12 PM

Say what?

Well I don't think it's possible for Mitch to play for the 2002 Texans, actually.

He could, if he buys the latest version of Madden.

But yeah. His receivers are absolute trash. Pace has done more good than bad, but the complete lack of depth at WR was a problem even before the injuries. And now with Miller gone, I don't know if they have any choice but to get Cohen more involved in the passing game.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2017, 03:37:50 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 31, 2017, 03:25:23 PM

Say what?

But yeah. His receivers are absolute trash. Pace has done more good than bad, but the complete lack of depth at WR was a problem even before the injuries. And now with Miller gone, I don't know if they have any choice but to get Cohen more involved in the passing game.

I don't understand letting Alshon walk. It would have been a clear overpay and he's not exactly setting the world on fire in Philadelphia but the Bears could have front-loaded the deal and they'd at least have one quality NFL receiver. They have 9 million in cap room this year and 33 million in next year before any cuts, etc. They could easily have afforded him.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2017, 08:23:27 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 31, 2017, 03:37:50 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 31, 2017, 03:25:23 PM

Say what?

I don't understand letting Alshon walk. It would have been a clear overpay and he's not exactly setting the world on fire in Philadelphia but the Bears could have front-loaded the deal and they'd at least have one quality NFL receiver. They have 9 million in cap room this year and 33 million in next year before any cuts, etc. They could easily have afforded him.

Hell, I'm still not convinced cutting the corpse of Victor Cruz wasn't a mistake.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16