News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let's Really Win Two: the 2017 Postseason thread  ( 10,697 )

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Let's Really Win Two: the 2017 Postseason thread
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 11:28:54 AM »
The Nats rotation is great, but the Dusty Playoff Coefficient brings it down to somewhere around beatable.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »
Quote from: D. Doluntap on September 28, 2017, 11:28:54 AM
The Nats rotation is great, but the Dusty Playoff Coefficient brings it down to somewhere around beatable.

I'm reminded of Bobby Knight's quote: "I was worried about losing until I looked down the floor and saw Dale Brown. Then I knew we had a chance."
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 09:45:07 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on September 28, 2017, 12:04:04 PM

I'm reminded of Bobby Knight's quote: "I was worried about losing until I looked down the floor and saw Dale Brown. Then I knew we had a chance."

They say interesting things come in threes.

1. Dale Brown's initials are DB -- exactly the same as Dusty Baker. Both men also have a birthday.
2. Bobby Knight's initials are KB which are nearly the same as the initials of Chris Bryant (Bryant's are CB). Fun fact: Bryant's middle name is "Maas" as his father was a bandwagon Yankees fan.
3. Kylw Schawarber got his degree from Indiana University which is where Bobby Knight coached basketball. Scahwarber didn't play basketball but he did sit in many chairs. Knight was fired for throwing one such chair.</spooky>
3. Dusty Baker manages the Washington Nationals which is the same team Max Scherzer currently plays for.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 10:02:00 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on October 04, 2017, 09:45:07 AM

1. Dale Brown's initials are DB -- exactly the same as Dusty Baker. Both men also have a birthday.
2. Bobby Knight's initials are KB which are nearly the same as the initials of Chris Bryant (Bryant's are CB). Fun fact: Bryant's middle name is "Maas" as his father was a bandwagon Yankees fan.
3. Kylw Schawarber got his degree from Indiana University which is where Bobby Knight coached basketball. Scahwarber didn't play basketball but he did sit in many chairs. Knight was fired for throwing one such chair.</spooky>
3. Dusty Baker manages the Washington Nationals which is the same team Max Scherzer currently plays for.

4. Dusty Baker and Dale Brown are both awful at managing/coaching.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 10:02:15 AM »

We've missed you and we're glad you're back in time for the playoffs.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2017, 10:30:35 AM »

I always thought Knight said that about Lou Henson. Even if he didn't, still works.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2017, 11:38:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 25, 2017, 09:23:06 AM
...for once I might just be able to watch the rest of the playoffs and see who wins it all rather than spend several months pretending baseball doesn't exist and didn't just break my heart.
I may have mentioned this before.  I never expected to see a World Championship.  When it happened I thought that it was God's way of telling me,  "OK.  Time's up!"
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2017, 12:22:50 PM »
Game 1: Hendricks
Game 2: Lester
Game 3: Quintana
Game 4: Arrieta

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2017, 02:32:15 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 04, 2017, 12:22:50 PM
Game 1: Hendricks
Game 2: Lester
Game 3: Quintana
Game 4: Arrieta

Sweep and Jake gets more time to rest the hammy.
TIME TO POST!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2017, 01:29:22 PM »
Before SKO has an aneurysm about the starting lineup, I should just point out that J-Hey absolutely fucking molests Strasburg.  There might be somebody with better numbers against the kid, but you'll need to look far and wide to find him.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 01:35:29 PM »
Sorry.  The two separate postseason threads confused me and I put the comment below here instead (thanks alot Sterling, you fuckhead)

Hector's the odd man out for the first round and Herb Washington Leonys Martin makes it.

My guess is Hector'll be back on next round since teams are more likely to carry 12 arms in a best-of-a-seven series.  They certainly don't need that many for a 5 game so I'm cool with this, even if I do feel a little bad for Hector since it seemed he had turned things around.  Like I said, though, he'll probably be back on next round.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 01:38:49 PM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on October 06, 2017, 01:35:29 PM
Sorry.  The two separate postseason threads confused me and I put the comment below instead (thanks alot Sterling, you fuckhead)

Hector's the odd man out for the first round and Herb Washington Leonys Martin makes it.

My guess is Hector'll be back on next round since teams are more likely to carry 12 arms in a best-of-a-seven series.  They certainly don't need that many for a 5 game so I'm cool with this, even if I do feel a little bad for Hector since it seemed he had turned things around.  Like I said, though, he'll probably be back on next round.

Two can play at that game.

I think that's right. Also I'm glad Joe resisted the urge to include Rene Federowicz on the roster.

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 09:39:43 PM »
That fuckin' rocked. Well, everything except Ron Darling.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 09:59:38 PM »

Is this one of those logic matrix puzzles?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 06:21:59 PM »
#LOLNats
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?