News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Tyler "It's time for me to start playin' ball" Chatwood Sloogetacular  ( 7,380 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
...and make sure the potato to onion ratio is about 4 to 1.  Anything less is just hash browns. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: CBStew on May 01, 2018, 06:10:11 PM
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on May 01, 2018, 11:10:39 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 01, 2018, 08:39:51 AM
Quote from: CBStew on April 30, 2018, 12:01:09 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on April 30, 2018, 11:10:21 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on April 30, 2018, 08:25:21 AM
Bump for 7 shutout innings and the game winning RBI.

Last two starts combined: 13IP 1ER 8BB 9K, WHIP of 1.077

That'll do for your 5.

I'd rather have a guy who doesn't walk 8 in 13 innings, so let's not hand him the Fifth Starter Cy Young just yet.
What are you guys talking about?  This is the potato latke thread.
Sour cream >>> apple sauce

I'm not jewish but 1000X this.  Sour cream on latkes is the only way to go.  Apple sauce can lick my taint.
One of the manifestations of my ethnicity is lactose intolerance, so until I can find lactose free sour cream I have to go with apple sauce.

Leviticus 18:5, "You shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments; which if a man does, he shall live in them."

The simple meaning of this text commands the Jewish people to keep Torah law "in their own lives". In other words, acts that keep you healthy supersede commandments.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 01, 2018, 08:11:04 AM

That'll do for your 5.

I'd rather have a guy who doesn't walk 8 in 13 innings, so let's not hand him the Fifth Starter Cy Young just yet.

Walks aren't a bug with Chatwood, they're a feature. He only gave up 6 hits along with those 8 walks, so it's fine for your 5. Let's see if he and Hickey can work together on getting better command, but he's fine for a guy who can take the ball every 5 games before grabbing some bench in the postseason.

I don't think his 6.9 BB/9, while nice, is sustainable for a big league starter, so mark me down for wanting more improvement there before we crown his ass. (BB/9 of 6.9 would be the highest season mark of young Tyler's career.)
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 01, 2018, 09:29:00 PM

That'll do for your 5.

Walks aren't a bug with Chatwood, they're a feature. He only gave up 6 hits along with those 8 walks, so it's fine for your 5. Let's see if he and Hickey can work together on getting better command, but he's fine for a guy who can take the ball every 5 games before grabbing some bench in the postseason.

I don't think his 6.9 BB/9, while nice, is sustainable for a big league starter, so mark me down for wanting more improvement there before we crown his ass. (BB/9 of 6.9 would be the highest season mark of young Tyler's career.)

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him settling into somewhere near his career 4.3. Hopefully he can get to 4.20.

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 02, 2018, 08:24:38 AM

That'll do for your 5.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect him settling into somewhere near his career 4.3. Hopefully he can get to 4.20.

/nice /thread

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

That'll do for your 5.

But didn't he just leave Colorado?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on May 02, 2018, 12:05:03 PM

That'll do for your 5.

But didn't he just leave Colorado?

Sigh. I laughed at this...Chueyork Joke?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
This is fine.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Fuck this dude
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
seven walks in 4.2 innings. seven.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Quote from: SKO on June 07, 2018, 03:38:08 PM
seven walks in 4.2 innings. seven.

This calls for a GROTA photoshop depicting a crowd of people walking somewhere, with the message "but his spin rate" printed poorly across their clothes.
M'lady.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Throw fucking strikes already.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 08, 2018, 02:50:51 AM

C'mon man.  I mean, I get it - it's fucking frustrating.  But there's clearly something going on here - a mechanical issue or mental issue which is precluding him from "throwing strikes already".  He's not nibbling, he's all over the fucking shop.  When he does throw strikes he's reasonably effective so you don't think the Cubs have told him to do it more?  You don't think he's trying to do it more?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Quote from: Tonker on June 08, 2018, 04:05:42 AM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 08, 2018, 02:50:51 AM

C'mon man.  I mean, I get it - it's fucking frustrating.  But there's clearly something going on here - a mechanical issue or mental issue which is precluding him from "throwing strikes already".  He's not nibbling, he's all over the fucking shop.  When he does throw strikes he's reasonably effective so you don't think the Cubs have told him to do it more?  You don't think he's trying to do it more?

I mean doesn't "c'mon now, he's trying" apply to every player we have ever complained about on this messageboard? I wouldn't boo the guy in person because he obviously cares and is trying but venting on a dark corner of the internet about a guy suffering Stage 1 Ankiel Disease should probably be allowed.