News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread  ( 43,930 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Wheezer self-indulgence thread
« Reply #225 on: October 17, 2020, 09:51:21 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 11, 2020, 07:42:16 PM
Wait, did I really forget this?

Jackie Wilson, "Higher and Higher."

I forget who said Bob Geldof has dined on "I Don't Like Mondays" (which no longer has a decent video available) for decades.

One of the great sessions the Funk Brothers did on the sly.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #226 on: October 17, 2020, 08:42:26 PM »
G-d, I just heard "The Ballad of John and Yoko" because Publicradiofan is no longer curated. What a fucking asshole. "Imagine" demonstrates the same thing: TINU, jackass, unless I can crash on your couch and have some street hippie chick wash out her homemade tampons while Yoko is in the tub.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #227 on: November 01, 2020, 03:01:03 AM »
The Nairobi Trio, "Solfeggio."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #228 on: November 02, 2020, 09:24:40 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on November 01, 2020, 03:01:03 AM

Used to great effect here, with the greatest one-chord song of all time.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #229 on: November 08, 2020, 09:07:31 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 02, 2020, 09:24:40 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on November 01, 2020, 03:01:03 AM

Used to great effect here, with the greatest one-chord song of all time.

Excellent. As I learned it at the Old Town School, though, it had two chords, requiring the movement of one finger back and forth.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #230 on: November 08, 2020, 09:12:03 PM »
The Hives, Tick Tick Boom.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #231 on: January 09, 2021, 11:58:06 AM »
Tonk special: Schoolkids doing the dance from the video for REM's "Stand."

Quote?They threw these super bubble-gummy songs at me, and I said, ?I?ll see you and raise you one.? And I wrote the most inane lyrics that I could possibly write.?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #232 on: January 09, 2021, 12:05:19 PM »
Oh, dear, oh dear, these past lousy years resulted in my forgetting about The Anthology of American Folk Music, one of the most important set of albums ever released. I'll start with Saut Crapaud.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #233 on: January 14, 2021, 09:39:37 AM »
Poi Dog Pondering on Letterman. There's nothing sexier than a lady with a fiddle.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #234 on: January 14, 2021, 04:24:26 PM »
TIME TO POST!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2021, 12:25:00 PM »
Toots and the Maytalls at Winterland. If I had a rescue cat (cf. the President-Elect, I might just be able to pull this off.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2021, 04:25:20 PM »
Bonus Peter Tork. For What's It's Worth, Monterrey '67.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #237 on: January 24, 2021, 09:03:21 PM »
Hang on to your bootstraps. (This has already been Twatted to Morts, but for posterity.)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #238 on: January 27, 2021, 01:47:55 PM »
Hmph. I got suspended from school for scrawling "The Police" on my locker (no, it took a few more decades to reach something resembling maturity), but I hadn''t before seen the video of "So Lonely." MTV must have been lax, or something.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #239 on: January 27, 2021, 02:41:19 PM »
i don't think this is a repeat: 49 Reasons, live.