News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Ludicrous Lucroy Luggage Liaison,  ( 15,026 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Ludicrous Lucroy Luggage Liaison,
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2017, 04:00:01 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 01, 2017, 12:16:09 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 01, 2017, 10:32:36 AM
Not sure how we didn't post the MadBum dirtbike injury in this thread, so there's that.

But also the entire Mets organization, basically.

Remember having to watch that fearsome rotation buzzsaw our beloved Cubes during the 2015 NLCS? It feels like ten years ago.

I do, and I remember a handful of smarmy "see, Theo was wrong to buck conventional wisdom and build around hitters because Pitching Still Wins Championships" takes from various talking heads. Now it looks more and more like the Greatest Rotation Ever (inheritor of the title from the 2004 Cubs and 2011 Phillies) already blew the one shot they were going to get at a WS title and will never all be healthy again at the same time.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2018, 02:27:34 PM »
Stew's new favorite player:

Morrow injured his back taking his pants off early Monday when he got home after the Cubs' road trip.

"It's frustrating any time you can't get out there, especially when you can't go for something as stupid as taking your pants off," Morrow said on Tuesday. "Getting hurt any time is frustrating, but when it's not related to throwing a baseball, it's even more frustrating."
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2018, 05:41:24 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on June 20, 2018, 02:27:34 PM
Stew's new favorite player:

Morrow injured his back taking his pants off early Monday when he got home after the Cubs' road trip.

"It's frustrating any time you can't get out there, especially when you can't go for something as stupid as taking your pants off," Morrow said on Tuesday. "Getting hurt any time is frustrating, but when it's not related to throwing a baseball, it's even more frustrating."
At least it's a Cub this time.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2018, 05:50:30 PM »
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: August 07, 2019, 03:54:15 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 29, 2012, 06:00:46 PM
I have nothing to add

Fitting that Lucroy joins the Cubs as a direct result of an injury.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2019, 12:58:39 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 07, 2019, 03:54:15 PM
Quote from: CBStew on May 29, 2012, 06:00:46 PM
I have nothing to add

Fitting that Lucroy joins the Cubs as a direct result of an injury.

Karma.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club