News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Daniel Murphy. A Cub.  ( 4,694 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Daniel Murphy. A Cub.
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2018, 12:19:21 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 22, 2018, 11:47:01 AM
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on August 22, 2018, 10:50:40 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 22, 2018, 10:36:01 AM
I do enjoy the fact that Daniel Murphy is now playing for a team that has an openly gay woman as part of the ownership group.

I'll take sophomoric satisfaction in calling him a cub, even if he's not particularly small, or young (he does seem pretty hairy though).

He probably hits the Eagle during the offseason.

TIME TO POST!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 07:29:04 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 22, 2018, 09:04:40 AM
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on August 22, 2018, 08:44:01 AM
Quote from: Bort on August 22, 2018, 08:20:55 AM
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on August 22, 2018, 08:11:26 AM
Quote from: Bort on August 21, 2018, 10:01:56 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 21, 2018, 07:27:53 PM
Quote from: Bort on August 21, 2018, 03:23:54 PM
I hope he's hit by a hard fastball and dies.

...with the bases loaded in a post season series deciding situation. Make it count for something, amiright?

Nah. First pitch. Meaningless, brutal, and short. Fuck that guy forever.

I get that if Murphy strikes out or boots one in a big situation you will have indescribable hatred for him—as most of us will—but rooting for him to fail seems at odds with rooting for your favorite  team to win here.
. No. I'm rooting for him to die on his first Cub AB. Then he is not on the team. He is a homophobic piece of shit.

Honest question--is it Murphy's self-assured confidence to express his abhorrent views that makes him stand out from a pool of people who--at least the American-born--are probably 90% Trumpers, many of whom may share the same views?   Because I feel safe to assume Steve Cishek holds the same views, but Cishek might just be smart enough to know he'd get roasted if he expressed them.   You know a lot of the guys that you root for happen to agree with Murphy, so I'm just wondering if it's his blindingly proud ability to express his idiocy that makes him a particularly shitty human being. 

For what it's worth I think he's a backwards-assed weirdo whose views are increasingly diminished and rightfully edified,  compared to 50, 40, even 5 years ago (that's the idea of an antiquated idea becoming increasingly diminished I guess).   I also don't think idiot baseball players truly have much influence over the collective consciousness of this country and as long as this weirdo is playing for the Cubs I hope he does well and helps them win.

If people hold homophobic views and decide not to express them in any way, well, that's about the best I can hope for from them.  I can't change what's in their heads but I can expect them not to spew that fucking filth all over me.  If people hold those views AND think the rest of the World needs to hear them, though, well... fuck Daniel Murphy.  Man, what a cunt.

Cubs' Twitter and the meatballs on BROO SMILES' comments not understanding that belonging to an LGBTQ minority ISN'T A FUCKING "LIFESTYLE" ANY MORE THAN BEING BLACK IS A LIFESTYLE (although I'm guessing most of them think those damn blacks need to smarten up, too) isn't helping my mood, either.

See, I have the tendency to disagree. My outlook is that there are reprehensible people everywhere, and there always will be. I don't want those people to feel empowered, because if they are, they do horrible things, but I don't want them to be silenced, either. I want to know who's a homophobe, or a white supremacist. I want them to live in a society where they feel they can share that information. Because if I know that about them, then that means I can and will stay away from them. If they keep it quiet, then that means I could be close with a bigoted neighbour. My kid might play with his kids. And that, to me, is more unacceptable than if my neighbour shoots off his mouth about his idiotic beliefs.
M'lady.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 03:06:27 PM »
So if your neighbor is a bigot then your kids can't play with his kids?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 06:41:56 PM »
Quote from: flannj on August 23, 2018, 03:06:27 PM

It's "bigout" in Canada.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2018, 07:23:43 PM »

Correct.
M'lady.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2018, 06:41:17 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 23, 2018, 07:23:43 PM

Correct.

That doesn't seem excessive at all.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2018, 08:28:28 AM »
Quote from: flannj on August 24, 2018, 06:41:17 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 23, 2018, 07:23:43 PM

Correct.

That doesn't seem excessive at all.

Do you have any kids?
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2018, 08:32:48 AM »
I don't particularly want my kids hanging around in the houses of bigots either, tbqh.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2018, 08:39:56 AM »
Quote from: Bort on August 24, 2018, 08:32:48 AM
I don't particularly want my kids hanging around in the houses of bigots either, tbqh.

Bigotry is a taught condition - so if mom and/or dad are bigots, the kids most likely will be too.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2018, 08:58:41 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 24, 2018, 08:39:56 AM

Bigotry is a taught condition - so if mom and/or dad are bigots, the kids most likely will be too.

And if they aren't, it's still a thing where I'm gonna 24/7 wonder what this fucker is saying around my kid if he hangs out there.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 24, 2018, 08:39:56 AM

And even if they're smart enough to not actively broadcast it to the world, I have little doubt that things would be said on a regular basis within their home that I would not want my son to hear. Particularly because, from his perspective, they're thoughts and ideas coming from people he trusts - his friends, their parents. I'm not saying they'd turn my kid racist, but as a kid, he'd certainly be inclined to try those ideas on for size. Maybe he'd repeat them at home. Maybe he'd direct them toward a friend at school. If he did either, nobody would assume it was language or ideas he picked up from a neighbor. And what I don't want to experience is that sickening drop in my stomach when I realize he's heard these things, mulled them over enough to keep those things in his mind, and is now repeating them to myself or others.

I mean, for perspective flannj, you're interacting on a forum with people who actively advocate for the punching of fascists. I'm just saying, I don't want my kid playing with them. It's not excessive. I don't even want him spending a lot of time around kids who eat their own boogers, because I'm afraid he'll think that is a good idea.
M'lady.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2018, 10:28:12 AM »
What difference does it make if I have kids?

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2018, 10:41:01 AM »
Quote from: flannj on August 24, 2018, 10:28:12 AM

It makes a difference.
M'lady.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2018, 10:42:37 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 24, 2018, 10:41:01 AM

It makes a difference.

Oh. then I guess I shouldn't comment anymore.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2018, 10:50:57 AM »
Quote from: flannj on August 24, 2018, 10:42:37 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 24, 2018, 10:41:01 AM

It makes a difference.

Oh. then I guess I shouldn't comment anymore.

I'll edify Kurt by informing him that flannj's eldest is much closer to Kurt's age than he is to Kurt's son.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs