News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ten Days That Shook the World  ( 743 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Ten Days That Shook the World
« on: September 19, 2019, 01:03:37 PM »
No, this is not about the John Reed book about the Russian Revolution.  The Cubs have ten games left in this season, seven against the first place team from somewhere in the Ozarks.  To say that the Cubs are not at full strength is an understatement of the first order.  Some players who are not on the injured list would be there under normal circumstances.  But this is crunch time (forgive the clich?).  It's now or never (oh no, another clich?).  Please fill in with your favorite clich?, I have run dry.  As for me, I will always have 2016.  (Believe it or not I wasn't here for 1908)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ten Days That Shook the World
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2019, 11:43:38 AM »
Cubs go 8-1 and steal the division from the Cardinals, and regardless of what then happens, we will bathe in Cardinals tears all offseason.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Ten Days That Shook the World
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2019, 05:43:52 PM »
Fuck this garbage-ass team.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."