News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Let the Demolitions Begin  ( 569 )

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Let the Demolitions Begin
« on: May 17, 2019, 02:07:22 AM »
I.M. Pei, who forever cursed Hyde Park with this monstrosity:

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let the Demolitions Begin
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 08:37:14 AM »

The townhouses are hideous.

Exactly the opposite of what the neighborhood needed.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Let the Demolitions Begin
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2019, 03:41:54 AM »
Quote from: flannj on May 18, 2019, 08:37:14 AM
The townhouses are hideous.

Exactly the opposite of what the neighborhood needed.

I think I've already mentioned the absurd high-rise development craze that has been going on. I just don't get it; San Francisco rents aren't going to fly unless the NOT HARVARD PROBLEM involves a hell of a lot of parental cash (I also think that hujub have largely become fashion statements on campus, but that's  different matter). I mean, it took the abominable "Solstice in the Park" around a decade for somebody to finish, complete with -- I'm pretty sure -- low-flow toilets.

The Booth School has either failed again or planned poorly. I don't know how much of this is anything but really expensive, bad bets.

But, you win some, you lose some, and maybe sometimes you augur some. (I think it should be clear who's who in this exchange; yes, *that* Fama; if only burghers went for two at $5, I could figure out something more specific.)
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!