News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Righteous Gemstones  ( 1,451 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
The Righteous Gemstones
« on: August 20, 2019, 10:30:44 AM »
Anybody else watch this? It's HBO's new series, written and developed by Danny McBride. McBride's character, predictably, is Kenny Powers as a televangelist. But John Goodman as the family patriarch (He's ruthless as fuck), and Adam Devine as the younger brother look like they can become really compelling characters.

Sorry, Gil - it's no EV3NT, that's for sure.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Righteous Gemstones
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 07:28:05 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 20, 2019, 10:30:44 AM
Anybody else watch this? It's HBO's new series, written and developed by Danny McBride. McBride's character, predictably, is Kenny Powers as a televangelist. But John Goodman as the family patriarch (He's ruthless as fuck), and Adam Devine as the younger brother look like they can become really compelling characters.

Sorry, Gil - it's no EV3NT, that's for sure.

It's Another Danny McBride Joint, for better or worse.  If you liked his previous stuff, you'll probably like this too.  If you hate the rest of his stuff, stay away.  I'm liking this show a lot, and Goodman has been great.  Walton Goggins arrives next episode and I can't wait.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Righteous Gemstones
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 12:14:23 PM »
It stinks
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.