News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Earworms  ( 8,805 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Earworms
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2020, 01:43:15 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on August 21, 2020, 10:54:51 AM
Quote from: CBStew on August 20, 2020, 02:55:46 PM
Quote from: CBStew on August 20, 2020, 02:40:49 PM
Now I am being plagued (no irony intended) by a modern classical piece.  I cannot remember the name or the composer.  It is the one with the gigantic choral group.  I think it was the theme music in a movie about a guy who goes off to a South American jungle.  Help!

No. It is not the soundtrack of "The Mission"  which starred De Niro and Jeremy Irons.

That's Baroque, anyway. I'm afraid this is the best I can do at the moment. I'll check with my friend who's a classical music critic.

That is an amazing list, even if it only covers movies starting with the letter "A".  You took me too literally when I said it was "classical" music.  I used the adjective "modern" to qualify it.  I meant that the quality was "classical" in nature.  In fact I heard a symphony orchestra and chorus perform it on stage years ago. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2020, 02:06:33 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 21, 2020, 01:43:15 PM
Now I am being plagued (no irony intended) by a modern classical piece.  I cannot remember the name or the composer.  It is the one with the gigantic choral group.  I think it was the theme music in a movie about a guy who goes off to a South American jungle.  Help!

No. It is not the soundtrack of "The Mission"  which starred De Niro and Jeremy Irons.

That's Baroque, anyway. I'm afraid this is the best I can do at the moment. I'll check with my friend who's a classical music critic.

That is an amazing list, even if it only covers movies starting with the letter "A".  You took me too literally when I said it was "classical" music.  I used the adjective "modern" to qualify it.  I meant that the quality was "classical" in nature.  In fact I heard a symphony orchestra and chorus perform it on stage years ago.

I FOUND IT!   It is "Carmina Burana"  by Carl Orff.   I am so relieved.   Check it out.  It is very invigorating.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2020, 08:25:31 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 21, 2020, 02:06:33 PM
Quote from: CBStew on August 21, 2020, 01:43:15 PM

I FOUND IT!   It is "Carmina Burana"  by Carl Orff.   I am so relieved.   Check it out.  It is very invigorating.

It's the official opera of the OKNeoAC, as I recall, if the Boo Hoo Bible is still reasonably canon. Not sure whose version I have.

So you were watching Die Hard 2?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2020, 01:02:25 PM »
Now I am being tormented by "A Gal in Calico".  I first heard this tune as a pre-teen when I was in elementary school.  The first line is "Met a gal in Calico, many years ago..."   I had no idea what calico was.  One of my teachers in art class assigned us the project of drawing a calico cat.  I like all of my classmates merely gave her a blank stare.  For all I knew calico was a city in New Mexico.  It isn't, is it?  One of my braver classmates asked her what a calico cat was.  She graciously responded that it was a patchwork patterned cat.  That merely compounded the confusion. 
Suffice it to say that what I drew hardly even represented a cat, let alone a calico cat.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2020, 01:58:44 AM »
Time to memoriaze this, I suppose.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 08:18:40 PM »
Edelweiss. I'm just trying to scrub out dog carriers (for moving multiple cats), I am sneezing from all the bleach that has already ruined a new pair of Wranglers, and fucking Ira Glass's long-stale paycheck puts this shit in my head.

It might not be so aggravating were I not down to my last Hamm's.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2020, 06:28:20 PM »
Sing a Song. By the Carpenters, not Earth Wind & Fire. I hypothesize this to be punishment for drinking a PBR while having 11 minutes to wait for the bus.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2020, 01:55:35 PM »

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2020, 08:42:59 AM »
I often find myself walking around with this song stuck in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7pXk9Q8TTU
M'lady.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2020, 11:24:47 AM »

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2020, 05:52:05 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 18, 2020, 08:42:59 AM
I often find myself walking around with this song stuck in my head: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7pXk9Q8TTU

See, it really helps to describe what it is rather than posting blind links. Viz., SUPYAD.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2020, 05:57:42 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 18, 2020, 11:24:47 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on October 14, 2020, 01:55:35 PM
Pick a Bale of Cotton.

OH NO.  YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO GO THERE.

It came to me, not the other way around. I'm limiting myself to things that persist for at least 24 hours and trying to censor the fantastically repetitive Trader Joe's soundtrack.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2020, 10:10:21 PM »
... And makes the world taste good.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2020, 02:03:19 PM »
My dog has heartworms.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2020, 07:37:40 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on October 18, 2020, 05:52:05 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on October 18, 2020, 08:42:59 AM

See, it really helps to describe what it is rather than posting blind links. Viz., SUPYAD.

Are you saying, you didn't know if I was going to rickroll you? That was the point - take a leap of faith and click the link, if you haven't.
M'lady.