News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Earworms  ( 8,803 )

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Earworms
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2020, 10:15:54 AM »
Moonlight becomes you, it goes with your hair.  You certainly know the right things to wear.

These are really baffling lyrics.  "Moonlight becomes you" can have at least two meanings.  One of which is that moonlight magically turns into the person being sung to.  I don't think that is possible.  It goes with your hair.  I don't have a clue what that means.  When your hair comes moonlight leaves?  It would be unflattering to say that your hair looks good in the dark.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2020, 03:02:53 PM »
I frequently have a particular live version of the Avett Brothers song "Laundry Room" bouncing around in my head. Considering that anytime I've heard them play it live, I get chills down my spine, I'm ok with this.
M'lady.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2020, 06:06:53 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 08, 2020, 03:02:53 PM
I frequently have a particular live version of the Avett Brothers song "Laundry Room" bouncing around in my head. Considering that anytime I've heard them play it live, I get chills down my spine, I'm ok with this.

Tonight I'll burn the lyrics
'Cause every chorus was your name

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2020, 10:04:08 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 18, 2020, 06:06:53 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on November 08, 2020, 03:02:53 PM

Tonight I'll burn the lyrics
'Cause every chorus was your name

Funny thing is -- that tends to be the verse that floats around in my head. You too?
M'lady.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2021, 10:35:51 AM »
For two days ...  "I can't believe that you're in love with me".
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2021, 01:22:33 PM »
I woke up this morning with "set an open course for the Virgin Sea" (fucking Slackbox). I checked, and that is actually the line. But it doesn't seem to have any meaning in the context of seafaring.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2021, 04:04:25 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on February 27, 2021, 01:22:33 PM
I woke up this morning with "set an open course for the Virgin Sea" (fucking Slackbox). I checked, and that is actually the line. But it doesn't seem to have any meaning in the context of seafaring.

It might not have a meaning in seafaring, but it is damn poetic.  It evokes the image of the Enterprise at the introduction of "Star Trek".

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2021, 01:25:00 PM »
I don't care whether Harry Chapin was a nice guy, I just want fucking "Cat's in the Cradle" to get out the fuck of my head in the morning. Two days running.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2021, 05:20:24 PM »
Three.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2021, 01:09:07 PM »
Oh, great, today it's "Rock On" by David Essex. There's a time and place for this one, but 7am and bed are not it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2021, 05:31:49 PM »
Three days: The theme to "One Day at a Time." I've nearly become inured to it, but then the visuals come. I need more benzodiazepines.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2021, 10:54:03 AM »
Day 2.5 of Little Red Hen.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2021, 09:49:48 AM »
The "One Day at a Time" is really vicious, though -- it frankly attacks other earworms to try to break through.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2021, 08:21:54 AM »
Oh, G-d, not "One Tin Soldier." Where does this stuff come from?

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2021, 09:39:24 AM »
Mairsiedosandoesiedosanliddelelamsiedievie,akiddledeedivietoo.
This popped up in my head this morning.
I am betting that no one else on this board remembers this.