News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,016 )

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2016, 10:56:51 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 25, 2016, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 25, 2016, 09:57:26 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2016, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 25, 2016, 01:16:38 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 21, 2016, 06:34:49 PM
Quote from: Oleg on January 21, 2016, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 21, 2016, 03:44:03 PM
Living in America's hat, a lot of people here are baffled/concerned about Trump. I've explained to them that he has a following similar to the number of people who believe the moon landing was a hoax. The media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz, and I find myself feeling angry toward the people who get sucked in by it and take his candidacy seriously. For that matter, the whole "is Cruz eligible" nonsense is also outrageous. I guess the media feels that anything is better than focusing on the actual issues.

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

I'm just interested in seeing how Morph and TJ justify voting for that cretin.

You mean in the next few minutes? Yeah, probably. But by November? Bears winning the Super Bowl are even money with no Hillary scandals.

How someone can be that tone deaf despite (supposedly) sleeping in the same bed as the greatest retail politician since FDR is really something.

Yeah, but what scandal can possibly stick at this point? I'm not enthralled at the prospect of having to give the keys to the Executive Branch to Hillary, but the electorate is numb to anti-Hillary muckraking.

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

I don't understand how a single financial scandal could be that damaging to Hillary in a general election against Trump. I am pretty sure (god I hope) there are more Americans who are "anyone but Trump" than "anyone but Hillary".

I'm pretty sure the Trump-Hillary matchup is as likely this November as a Brewers-A's World Series.

Trump-Hillary is a couple orders of magnitude more likely than Brewers-A's in the World Series.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2016, 10:58:58 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 25, 2016, 10:49:10 AM
Living in America's hat, a lot of people here are baffled/concerned about Trump. I've explained to them that he has a following similar to the number of people who believe the moon landing was a hoax. The media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz, and I find myself feeling angry toward the people who get sucked in by it and take his candidacy seriously. For that matter, the whole "is Cruz eligible" nonsense is also outrageous. I guess the media feels that anything is better than focusing on the actual issues.

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

You mean in the next few minutes? Yeah, probably. But by November? Bears winning the Super Bowl are even money with no Hillary scandals.

How someone can be that tone deaf despite (supposedly) sleeping in the same bed as the greatest retail politician since FDR is really something.

Yeah, but what scandal can possibly stick at this point? I'm not enthralled at the prospect of having to give the keys to the Executive Branch to Hillary, but the electorate is numb to anti-Hillary muckraking.

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

I don't understand how a single financial scandal could be that damaging to Hillary in a general election against Trump. I am pretty sure (god I hope) there are more Americans who are "anyone but Trump" than "anyone but Hillary".

I'm pretty sure the Trump-Hillary matchup is as likely this November as a Brewers-A's World Series.

I hope you're right. I try to remind myself often that Santorum and Huckabee won the last two Iowa Caucuses.
Since 1976, Bob Dole and W are the only Iowa winners to get the nomination that weren't the incumbent.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2016, 11:01:26 AM »

I keep thinking the GOP will wake up at the last minute like the Dems did in 2004 when they dumped Howard YEEEARG Dean from a lead to 3rd in about a week.  Dunno...

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2016, 11:01:58 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2016, 10:58:58 AM

I hope you're right. I try to remind myself often that Santorum and Huckabee won the last two Iowa Caucuses.
Since 1976, Bob Dole and W are the only Iowa winners to get the nomination that weren't the incumbent.

And yet Iowans still pretend they matter. I really wish some other state would jump ahead of them and do theirs first becuase f--k me these ads are killing me. There was one earlier today with Duck Dynasty endorsing Ted Cruz. This is the hell I'm living.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2016, 11:19:16 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2016, 11:01:26 AM

I keep thinking the GOP will wake up at the last minute like the Dems did in 2004 when they dumped Howard YEEEARG Dean from a lead to 3rd in about a week.  Dunno...

Well, they made a lateral move to John I AM INCAPABLE OF MAKING ANYONE EXCITED ABOUT VOTING FOR ME Kerry.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2016, 11:29:34 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 25, 2016, 11:19:16 AM

Well, they made a lateral move to John I AM INCAPABLE OF MAKING ANYONE EXCITED ABOUT VOTING FOR ME Kerry.

Amazing that one scream sank Howard Dean and Trump is over here gaining voters on the "Hey Hitler had some good ideas" platform.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2016, 11:36:03 AM »

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

59,500 Ohioans switch votes and we don't have Obama 4 years later.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2016, 11:45:20 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 25, 2016, 11:29:34 AM

Amazing that one scream sank Howard Dean and Trump is over here gaining voters on the "Hey Hitler had some good ideas" platform.

Dean was polling at 30% or more in the days leading up to the caucus. He was the definite front-runner. Then he finished third in Iowa, let out that scream, and was unable to counter the reservations various wings of his party had about him. He was toast.

I'm unconvinced Trump will win Iowa. Iowa's a must-win for him, but not for anyone else. He loses Iowa and you can perform the autopsy. It's over.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2016, 11:49:09 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 25, 2016, 11:45:20 AM

Dean was polling at 30% or more in the days leading up to the caucus. He was the definite front-runner. Then he finished third in Iowa, let out that scream, and was unable to counter the reservations various wings of his party had about him. He was toast.

I'm unconvinced Trump will win Iowa. Iowa's a must-win for him, but not for anyone else. He loses Iowa and you can perform the autopsy. It's over.

Denial is a helluva drug.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2016, 12:02:29 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 25, 2016, 01:51:23 AM

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

Yeah, in a stunning development, Chuck is wrong.  If they ain't drug it up yet, it ain't there to drag.
Back in the day, a Washington insider wrote a novel titled "Primary Colors" about a political family suspiciously like Bill and Hillary in which the President's wife has an affair.  It raised some eyebrows and caused some chuckles (no pun intended), but never really went anywhere.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2016, 12:04:43 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2016, 10:58:58 AM

Thus proving the "blind squirrel" theory.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2016, 12:05:31 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 25, 2016, 12:02:29 PM

Yeah, in a stunning development, Chuck is wrong.  If they ain't drug it up yet, it ain't there to drag.
Back in the day, a Washington insider wrote a novel titled "Primary Colors" about a political family suspiciously like Bill and Hillary in which the President's wife has an affair.  It raised some eyebrows and caused some chuckles (no pun intended), but never really went anywhere.

Written by "Anonymous" who turned out to be fellow by the name of Joe Klein and this book had already been made into a movie with John Travolta.  Pretty sure it's been picked over pretty good.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2016, 12:33:34 PM »
I'd love to see Trump get to Cleveland with any kind of lead, just because I can't remember the last time we've seen a convention where the nominee wasn't already a foregone conclusion.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2016, 12:36:09 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on January 25, 2016, 12:05:31 PM
Quote from: CBStew on January 25, 2016, 12:02:29 PM

Written by "Anonymous" who turned out to be fellow by the name of Joe Klein and this book had already been made into a movie with John Travolta.  Pretty sure it's been picked over pretty good.

I read it back in the day. (I'm pretty sure I read most of the books written about the Clintons.) It was an interesting read. Too bad Klein turned into an anti-Obama hack.
M'lady.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: January 25, 2016, 12:37:04 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 25, 2016, 11:45:20 AM

I'm unconvinced Trump will win Iowa. Iowa's New Hampshire's a must-win for him, but not for anyone else except Ted Cruz. He loses Iowa New Hampshire and you can perform the autopsy. It's over.

There you go.