News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,030 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #195 on: February 14, 2016, 05:35:38 PM »

Nice of him to admit that the Senate doesn't provide a voice of the people.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #196 on: February 14, 2016, 06:38:32 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 14, 2016, 05:35:38 PM

Nice of him to admit that the Senate doesn't provide a voice of the people.

Well...

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #197 on: February 14, 2016, 09:55:27 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 14, 2016, 04:35:46 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on February 14, 2016, 09:37:57 AM
Quote from: Eli on February 14, 2016, 08:55:10 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 13, 2016, 04:52:37 PM
Obummer selecting a new justice will be fun.

The irony* of Scalia being so originalist and Republicans trying to block Obama from performing his Constitutional duty will be less fun.

* I'm pretty confident in this one, CT.

Totally agree, Mitch.
We do have a voice.  We use it be selecting a president, one of whose functions is to nominate a person to fill a vacancy on the Supreme Court.  You would think that a Senator would know that.

I wouldn't expect most senators to know their mistresses last names, much less the constitution.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #198 on: February 21, 2016, 12:12:26 PM »
Jeb!
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2016, 09:39:43 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 21, 2016, 12:12:26 PM
Jeb!

Doesn't this belong in the Single Most Silent Thread Ever thread?
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2016, 09:40:58 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 25, 2016, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 25, 2016, 09:57:26 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2016, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 25, 2016, 01:16:38 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 21, 2016, 06:34:49 PM
Quote from: Oleg on January 21, 2016, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 21, 2016, 03:44:03 PM
Living in America's hat, a lot of people here are baffled/concerned about Trump. I've explained to them that he has a following similar to the number of people who believe the moon landing was a hoax. The media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz, and I find myself feeling angry toward the people who get sucked in by it and take his candidacy seriously. For that matter, the whole "is Cruz eligible" nonsense is also outrageous. I guess the media feels that anything is better than focusing on the actual issues.

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

I'm just interested in seeing how Morph and TJ justify voting for that cretin.

You mean in the next few minutes? Yeah, probably. But by November? Bears winning the Super Bowl are even money with no Hillary scandals.

How someone can be that tone deaf despite (supposedly) sleeping in the same bed as the greatest retail politician since FDR is really something.

Yeah, but what scandal can possibly stick at this point? I'm not enthralled at the prospect of having to give the keys to the Executive Branch to Hillary, but the electorate is numb to anti-Hillary muckraking.

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

I don't understand how a single financial scandal could be that damaging to Hillary in a general election against Trump. I am pretty sure (god I hope) there are more Americans who are "anyone but Trump" than "anyone but Hillary".

I'm pretty sure the Trump-Hillary matchup is as likely this November as a Brewers-A's World Series.

I'm beginning to think TJ is in denial.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2016, 10:04:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 22, 2016, 09:40:58 AM
Living in America's hat, a lot of people here are baffled/concerned about Trump. I've explained to them that he has a following similar to the number of people who believe the moon landing was a hoax. The media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz, and I find myself feeling angry toward the people who get sucked in by it and take his candidacy seriously. For that matter, the whole "is Cruz eligible" nonsense is also outrageous. I guess the media feels that anything is better than focusing on the actual issues.

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

You mean in the next few minutes? Yeah, probably. But by November? Bears winning the Super Bowl are even money with no Hillary scandals.

How someone can be that tone deaf despite (supposedly) sleeping in the same bed as the greatest retail politician since FDR is really something.

Yeah, but what scandal can possibly stick at this point? I'm not enthralled at the prospect of having to give the keys to the Executive Branch to Hillary, but the electorate is numb to anti-Hillary muckraking.

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

I don't understand how a single financial scandal could be that damaging to Hillary in a general election against Trump. I am pretty sure (god I hope) there are more Americans who are "anyone but Trump" than "anyone but Hillary".

I'm pretty sure the Trump-Hillary matchup is as likely this November as a Brewers-A's World Series.

It's a terrible thing when political parties allow the public to make decisions for them.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2016, 10:04:48 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 22, 2016, 10:04:08 AM

It's a terrible thing when political parties allow the public to make decisions for them.

Not sure the Democrats fully apply here.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #203 on: February 22, 2016, 10:27:20 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2016, 10:04:48 AM

yeah, DWS has pretty effectively rigged the game for Hillary.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2016, 10:31:07 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 22, 2016, 10:27:20 AM

Considering she's the only Democrat left in the race...

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2016, 10:32:10 AM »

DWS?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #206 on: February 22, 2016, 10:34:22 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 22, 2016, 10:32:10 AM

DWS?

It's Fork, so I assume he means Dancing With the Stars.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #207 on: February 22, 2016, 10:37:41 AM »

DWS?

Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2016, 10:39:48 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2016, 10:37:41 AM

DWS?

I had to look this up to determine whether or not you were making a joke.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #209 on: February 22, 2016, 10:44:57 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 22, 2016, 10:39:48 AM
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2016, 10:37:41 AM

DWS?

I had to look this up to determine whether or not you were making a joke.

This is no joking matter.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs