News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016  ( 62,036 )

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Fuck It's Silent in Here 2016
« Reply #210 on: February 22, 2016, 11:15:44 AM »
Quote from: CT III on February 22, 2016, 10:39:48 AM
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2016, 10:37:41 AM
Quote from: PANK! on February 22, 2016, 10:32:10 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 22, 2016, 10:27:20 AM
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2016, 10:04:48 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 22, 2016, 10:04:08 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 22, 2016, 09:40:58 AM
Quote from: Brownie on January 25, 2016, 10:42:34 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 25, 2016, 09:57:26 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 25, 2016, 09:32:44 AM
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on January 25, 2016, 01:16:38 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 21, 2016, 06:34:49 PM
Quote from: Oleg on January 21, 2016, 04:18:31 PM
Quote from: Canadouche on January 21, 2016, 03:44:03 PM
Living in America's hat, a lot of people here are baffled/concerned about Trump. I've explained to them that he has a following similar to the number of people who believe the moon landing was a hoax. The media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz, and I find myself feeling angry toward the people who get sucked in by it and take his candidacy seriously. For that matter, the whole "is Cruz eligible" nonsense is also outrageous. I guess the media feels that anything is better than focusing on the actual issues.

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

I'm just interested in seeing how Morph and TJ justify voting for that cretin.

You mean in the next few minutes? Yeah, probably. But by November? Bears winning the Super Bowl are even money with no Hillary scandals.

How someone can be that tone deaf despite (supposedly) sleeping in the same bed as the greatest retail politician since FDR is really something.

Yeah, but what scandal can possibly stick at this point? I'm not enthralled at the prospect of having to give the keys to the Executive Branch to Hillary, but the electorate is numb to anti-Hillary muckraking.

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

I don't understand how a single financial scandal could be that damaging to Hillary in a general election against Trump. I am pretty sure (god I hope) there are more Americans who are "anyone but Trump" than "anyone but Hillary".

I'm pretty sure the Trump-Hillary matchup is as likely this November as a Brewers-A's World Series.

I'm beginning to think TJ is in denial.

It's a terrible thing when political parties allow the public to make decisions for them.

Not sure the Democrats fully apply here.

yeah, DWS has pretty effectively rigged the game for Hillary.

DWS?

Debbie Wasserman Schultz.

I had to look this up to determine whether or not you were making a joke.

And you're still not totally sure, right?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: February 22, 2016, 11:23:18 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2016, 11:15:44 AM
Living in America's hat, a lot of people here are baffled/concerned about Trump. I've explained to them that he has a following similar to the number of people who believe the moon landing was a hoax. The media continues to soak him up like spilled jizz, and I find myself feeling angry toward the people who get sucked in by it and take his candidacy seriously. For that matter, the whole "is Cruz eligible" nonsense is also outrageous. I guess the media feels that anything is better than focusing on the actual issues.

As dismissive as I've been of his candidacy, there's a real chance he'll be the GOP nominee.  If that happens, he's really one major scandal away from winning the general election.  I think HRC is a well-oiled machine at this point and the chances of something serious coming out and ruining her chances are pretty slim but still...

You mean in the next few minutes? Yeah, probably. But by November? Bears winning the Super Bowl are even money with no Hillary scandals.

How someone can be that tone deaf despite (supposedly) sleeping in the same bed as the greatest retail politician since FDR is really something.

Yeah, but what scandal can possibly stick at this point? I'm not enthralled at the prospect of having to give the keys to the Executive Branch to Hillary, but the electorate is numb to anti-Hillary muckraking.

That's mostly because most people already have an opinion of her. Put me in the 53.3% who don't like her.  All that would be needed to sink her would be some sort of revelation about where she's made her money the past few years.  That's pretty much an unvetted area, at least publicly.

I don't understand how a single financial scandal could be that damaging to Hillary in a general election against Trump. I am pretty sure (god I hope) there are more Americans who are "anyone but Trump" than "anyone but Hillary".

I'm pretty sure the Trump-Hillary matchup is as likely this November as a Brewers-A's World Series.

It's a terrible thing when political parties allow the public to make decisions for them.

DWS?

Will this help?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #212 on: February 22, 2016, 11:23:53 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 22, 2016, 11:15:44 AM

DWS?

No, your answer appears to be both correct and sincere.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2016, 11:57:05 AM »

Holy shit. The Brewers are going to win the pennant.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: February 26, 2016, 01:12:44 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 26, 2016, 11:57:05 AM

This headline says it all.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #215 on: February 26, 2016, 01:36:01 PM »
Quote from: Bort on February 26, 2016, 01:12:44 PM

The GOP is what the Democrats would have been if Clinton hadn't had his Sister Souljah Moment.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: February 26, 2016, 02:42:11 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 26, 2016, 01:36:01 PM

The GOP is what the Democrats would have been if Clinton hadn't had his Sister Souljah Moment.

Zuh?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: February 26, 2016, 03:15:11 PM »
Quote from: CT III on February 26, 2016, 02:42:11 PM

Zuh?

If Clinton hadn't repudiated Sister Souljah's comments about black people killing white people, the Democrats would be on the verge of nominating Donald Trump on a platform of bronzer, jingoism, and xenophobia.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: February 26, 2016, 03:57:39 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on February 26, 2016, 03:15:11 PM

Zuh?

If Clinton hadn't repudiated Sister Souljah's comments about black people killing white people, the Democrats would be on the verge of nominating Donald Trump on a platform of bronzer, jingoism, and xenophobia.

The Democratic party would have become ruled by their radical elements. The Republican establishment never took for granted the extreme fringe was going to vote for them anyway, like Clinton did. So now they're being eaten by their own Frankenstein.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: February 26, 2016, 05:16:43 PM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on February 26, 2016, 03:57:39 PM
Quote from: ChuckD on February 26, 2016, 03:15:11 PM

Zuh?

The Democratic party would have become ruled by their radical elements. The Republican establishment never took for granted the extreme fringe was going to vote for them anyway, like Clinton did. So now they're being eaten by their own Frankenstein.

I'm not loving the myriad of polls and projections that give Trump a clear line to the presidency. And yet, I hope he gets the nomination because, deep down, I just don't believe he will have the support.

But ... if he in fact gets the support he needs, and somehow manages to win, then a big part of me thinks that America gets what it deserves.
M'lady.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: February 29, 2016, 08:02:28 AM »
I clearly overestimated the power that the GOP establishment maintains. Nixon's coalition between the segregationist south and the country club elite has fallen and become the habitation of devils, in the hold of every foul spirit and a cage of very unclean and hateful men. Those old boys have pulled out every stop except for the open convention, which would be their death knell if attempted now.

Bernie's support stops south of the Mason-Dixon just as surely as it starts with the young and energetic liberal students propping him up. I figured his radical policies would be problematic for the more conservative democrats in the South, but I did not figure on the anti-semitism still held by members of all ethnic groups in that part of the country. So his run is nearly at its logical conclusion - though I hope he stays in just to spite the hateful cunts and promote his message, which may need another election cycle or two before it takes root.

Now the worry for those of you who would rather see Hillary than Trump is that the time has never been better for an independent candidate to enter the fray, with both major parties in disarray, losing support by the day. A Bloomberg entry could serve to split the anti-Trump vote and deliver the White House to the Donald.

So... the Cubs are looking good, eh? 
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #221 on: February 29, 2016, 08:05:11 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 29, 2016, 08:02:28 AM
I clearly overestimated the power that the GOP establishment maintains. Nixon's coalition between the segregationist south and the country club elite has fallen and become the habitation of devils, in the hold of every foul spirit and a cage of very unclean and hateful men. Those old boys have pulled out every stop except for the open convention, which would be their death knell if attempted now.

Bernie's support stops south of the Mason-Dixon just as surely as it starts with the young and energetic liberal students propping him up. I figured his radical policies would be problematic for the more conservative democrats in the South, but I did not figure on the anti-semitism still held by members of all ethnic groups in that part of the country. So his run is nearly at its logical conclusion - though I hope he stays in just to spite the hateful cunts and promote his message, which may need another election cycle or two before it takes root.

Now the worry for those of you who would rather see Hillary than Trump is that the time has never been better for an independent candidate to enter the fray, with both major parties in disarray, losing support by the day. A Bloomberg entry could serve to split the anti-Trump vote and deliver the White House to the Donald.

I feel like the Bloomberg thing is really overrated. Outside of New York does anyone give a fuck about Bloomberg? I just asked my office if any of them had any fucking idea who Bloomberg was. Two of ten got it right. This is a non-factor. Remember when people thought Giuliani might be a thing? The man was a national hero after 9/11 and his election was basically the Jeb! preview. Nobody cares.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: February 29, 2016, 08:27:13 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 29, 2016, 08:05:11 AM

I feel like the Bloomberg thing is really overrated. Outside of New York does anyone give a fuck about Bloomberg? I just asked my office if any of them had any fucking idea who Bloomberg was. Two of ten got it right. This is a non-factor. Remember when people thought Giuliani might be a thing? The man was a national hero after 9/11 and his election was basically the Jeb! preview. Nobody cares.

Probably so. But he controls enough media to get his name and message out there as the anti-establishment alternative in short order.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: February 29, 2016, 08:40:52 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on February 29, 2016, 08:27:13 AM

Probably so. But he controls enough media to get his name and message out there as the anti-establishment alternative in short order.

Bloomberg won't run. But if he did, he'd be a non-factor, even in NYC.
TIME TO POST!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: February 29, 2016, 08:52:12 AM »

Uh... yes.