News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread  ( 49,571 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2012, 01:15:22 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 06, 2012, 12:55:26 PM
Quote from: Slaky on March 06, 2012, 12:50:42 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 06, 2012, 12:30:10 PM
What does Cleveland pay Anderson Varejao? About $8.3M for two years after this. If I'm about unload Monta Ellis, I think I'd probably check there first.  

But what good does that switch do for either side? Both teams are garbage.

This way, when LeBron comes back to Cleveland, he can dish it to Monta for the last shot.

Zing.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2012, 01:25:25 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 06, 2012, 01:02:40 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 06, 2012, 12:59:16 PM
What does Cleveland pay Anderson Varejao? About $8.3M for two years after this. If I'm about unload Monta Ellis, I think I'd probably check there first.  

That's not the point. The point is that I just trolled this board by saying that Anderson Varejao is more valuable than Joakim Noah.

I hope that they have really good beer at that bar you guys are going to get together at to watch the NBA.

In real life, Apex is a giant pussy.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2012, 01:26:19 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 06, 2012, 01:25:25 PM

That's not the point. The point is that I just trolled this board by saying that Anderson Varejao is more valuable than Joakim Noah.

I hope that they have really good beer at that bar you guys are going to get together at to watch the NBA.

Not really giant.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2012, 01:29:01 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 06, 2012, 01:26:19 PM

Not really giant.

Gaping?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2012, 01:30:38 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 06, 2012, 01:29:01 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 06, 2012, 01:26:19 PM

Not really giant.

Gaping?

On a good night.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #110 on: March 06, 2012, 01:37:19 PM »
So garpax can't trade Noah (who's young and fairly cheap) because Anderson Varejao makes less? That really is going to hurt the team.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #111 on: March 06, 2012, 01:57:21 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 06, 2012, 01:37:19 PM
So garpax can't trade Noah (who's young and fairly cheap) because Anderson Varejao makes less? That really is going to hurt the team.

I didn't really think the Cavs were trying to trade Varejao. 
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #112 on: March 06, 2012, 02:06:10 PM »
Putting my poking stick away.

If the Bulls do not improve the roster by the deadline and head into the postseason likely doomed to last year's fate, are you guys ok with GarPax staying or is it pitchfork time? It's been noted here in this thread that aside from drafting Rose over Beasley they've done very little right. Hiring Thibs was a win. But how are you feeling?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #113 on: March 06, 2012, 02:57:31 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 06, 2012, 02:06:10 PM

If the Bulls do not improve the roster by the deadline and head into the postseason likely doomed to last year's fate, are you guys ok with GarPax staying or is it pitchfork time? It's been noted here in this thread that aside from drafting Rose over Beasley they've done very little right. Hiring Thibs was a win. But how are you feeling?

I'd like for them to make a move, but short of acquiring Howard, I'm not sure there's much they can do to make them better than the Heat. And I think the Magic would be tards to take any package the Bulls could offer - I think Bulls fans completely overvalue Taj, Omer and Joakim. So at the end of the day I'll end up hoping for Derrick to put up 40+ in the conference finals or for Lebron to be kidnapped, rolled up in a throw rug and thrown off a bridge in Butthurtpuddle, OH. As for GarPax overall, the Thibs hire offset a lot of the other negatives for me. I fucking love Thibodeau.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #114 on: March 06, 2012, 03:14:59 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 06, 2012, 02:57:31 PM

I'd like for them to make a move, but short of acquiring Howard, I'm not sure there's much they can do to make them better than the Heat. And I think the Magic would be tards to take any package the Bulls could offer - I think Bulls fans completely overvalue Taj, Omer and Joakim. So at the end of the day I'll end up hoping for Derrick to put up 40+ in the conference finals or for Lebron to be kidnapped, rolled up in a throw rug and thrown off a bridge in Butthurtpuddle, OH. As for GarPax overall, the Thibs hire offset a lot of the other negatives for me. I fucking love Thibodeau.

With ArVee here - the GarPax Pitchfork and Torch Club is for dumbass mouthbreathers who were all about HanieMania, people that bought Ryan Theriot shirseys and thought the Sox won the World Series because of grinder ball, which isn't really a thing.

There is no trade that makes Rose 6'9" nor is there a trade that gives the Miami Heat smallpox. So yeah - I hope they can find someone to help them at least get closer to Miami but it's going to take a crazy bounce or two, Rose going absolutely nuclear and of course Tim Donaghy on the take.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2012, 03:32:06 PM »

Excellent.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #116 on: March 06, 2012, 04:30:33 PM »

I think GarPax definitely do as well. They aren't going to go into the luxury tax to keep asik and taj, why they won't trade one of those guys for anyone is beyond me, since one of them will leave the Bulls when their contracts are done. Some dumb team will pay Asik more than $10 million a year. GarPax lucked out and got the #1 pick and Derrick Rose. And almost screwed that up by drafting Beasley. As far as GMs go, GarPax seem middle of the road. They have to be some of the most conservative executives in the NBA. Nothing exciting. Bulls seem like a team destined to always be one great player away from being a team that can get passed the current Heat team. I love Thibs, but question why they didn't lock him up long-term last offseason.

Rip has a bruise and a slight strain. So he'll be day to day. So no move from the Bulls I'd guess. They'll bank on Rip staying healthy throughout the playoffs.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2012, 05:14:40 PM »
Quote from: BH on March 06, 2012, 04:30:33 PM

I think GarPax definitely do as well. They aren't going to go into the luxury tax to keep asik and taj, why they won't trade one of those guys for anyone is beyond me, since one of them will leave the Bulls when their contracts are done. Some dumb team will pay Asik more than $10 million a year. GarPax lucked out and got the #1 pick and Derrick Rose. And almost screwed that up by drafting Beasley. As far as GMs go, GarPax seem middle of the road. They have to be some of the most conservative executives in the NBA. Nothing exciting. Bulls seem like a team destined to always be one great player away from being a team that can get passed the current Heat team. I love Thibs, but question why they didn't lock him up long-term last offseason.

Rip has a bruise and a slight strain. So he'll be day to day. So no move from the Bulls I'd guess. They'll bank on Rip staying healthy throughout the playoffs.

(momentarily removes GarPax's hog from mouth)

How is not wanting to pay the luxury tax GarPax's fault?

What makes you say that they "almost" drafted Beasley? I've honestly never heard that.

And based on the Skiles experience of players getting burned out on a hardass coach, what was the rush in extending Thibs (||)? Did Carol write that he was threatening to leave on the same blog that she broke the almost Beasley story?

(re-inserts GarPax wang into mouth)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #118 on: March 06, 2012, 05:40:30 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 06, 2012, 05:14:40 PM

What makes you say that they "almost" drafted Beasley? I've honestly never heard that.

And based on the Skiles experience of players getting burned out on a hardass coach, what was the rush in extending Thibs (||)? Did Carol write that he was threatening to leave on the same blog that she broke the almost Beasley story?

I agree with both of you and think the BH/Slezak romance meme is one of the greatest this community has ever had the pleasure of witnessing.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2012, 07:58:56 AM »
Quote from: R-V on March 06, 2012, 05:14:40 PM

Where did I say that was their fault? I was pointing out that they hold on to assets that we'll lose for nothing, when they can be traded for a player that can help score now. With a guy like Ellis, I think the Bulls have a good chance of beating the Heat in the playoffs.

You don't remember before Rose was drafted, all the talk about them not sure about who they'd draft? Maybe they always knew they wanted rose, but they sure didn't let on that that was the case, and with the first pick, there was no reason to hide your cards.

What moves did GarPax make that were so good that you have their dong in your mouth? Signing Ben Wallace? Losing ben gordon for nothing?

Any team with Rose on it would be a good team. I still don't think (even with Rip healthy, and that is probably unlikely during a full playoff run) they are good enough to beat the Heat. I hope I'm wrong, or that Bosh or Wade or Lebron get in a car accident.