News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread  ( 49,649 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2011-2012 Bulls Free Throw Shooting Championship Thread
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2012, 10:14:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on March 08, 2012, 10:08:43 AM
Quote from: Eli on March 08, 2012, 09:46:40 AM
Obligatory mention that Derrick Rose is awesome. That game-winner was ridiculous. If you haven't seen it while drinking in the tears of the Milwaukee announcers, do so now.

And while I'm here, posting and chugging, his block of Brandon Jennings was pretty nice, too.

It seems odd, but Rose is fairly quietly having a better season than he did last year. He's turning it over way less, his field-goal percentage is up and his assist rate is up. Diving deeper into stuff no one here cares about but me, he's also stopped taking as many dumb, long jump shots (3 per game vs. 4.5 per game last year; he's also making them more frequently when he does take them). Those have been replaced by more shots at the rim, which he's making at a higher rate.

In short, Rose won the MVP last year and then got smarter, more efficient and more careful with the ball in the offseason. These are heady times.

Just fucking drained it.  Awesome.

Impossible to guard that shot.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2012, 10:19:17 AM »
Quote from: BH on March 08, 2012, 10:14:26 AM
Quote from: PANK! on March 08, 2012, 10:08:43 AM
Obligatory mention that Derrick Rose is awesome. That game-winner was ridiculous. If you haven't seen it while drinking in the tears of the Milwaukee announcers, do so now.

And while I'm here, posting and chugging, his block of Brandon Jennings was pretty nice, too.

It seems odd, but Rose is fairly quietly having a better season than he did last year. He's turning it over way less, his field-goal percentage is up and his assist rate is up. Diving deeper into stuff no one here cares about but me, he's also stopped taking as many dumb, long jump shots (3 per game vs. 4.5 per game last year; he's also making them more frequently when he does take them). Those have been replaced by more shots at the rim, which he's making at a higher rate.

In short, Rose won the MVP last year and then got smarter, more efficient and more careful with the ball in the offseason. These are heady times.

Just fucking drained it.  Awesome.

Impossible to guard that shot.

A bigger reason he's not taking so many of those long shots is they don't seem to just fiddlefuck around until like 4 seconds on the shot clock, then he has to just chuck up some terrible shot to beat the clock.  I think GarPax has a lot to do with that.

Also, if Noah can hit that lefty shotput/hook thing on a consistant basis, that's going to be a great thing.  And a great signing for them.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2012, 10:28:20 AM »

The butthurt was palpable.

"Is that the first jumper he's made all night?"

YOU JUST LOST.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2012, 10:29:28 AM »

Good stuff, Eli. Have been thinking recently that he seams better this year, but was too lazy to actually dig into it, and you've gone and done the legwork to confirm the thought that I had that I thought no one else cared about.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2012, 10:31:53 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 08, 2012, 10:28:20 AM

The butthurt was palpable.

"Is that the first jumper he's made all night?"

YOU JUST LOST.

Palpable Butthurt would be a great name for Taint Nugget to use if they ever start playing at Bulls' games (do they play at Bulls' games?).

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2012, 11:16:12 AM »
But why in the blue fuck did Skiles not send a double team and get the ball out of Rose's hands? I'll go ahead and place the dismissal of that red-assed douche turret in the GarPax plus-column.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2012, 11:22:53 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 08, 2012, 11:16:12 AM
But why in the blue fuck did Skiles not send a double team and get the ball out of Rose's hands? I'll go ahead and place the dismissal of that red-assed douche turret in the GarPax plus-column.

On Christmas Eve, natch.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2012, 10:51:01 AM »
Bulls/Heat tonight in a STATEMENT GAME on ESPN. I believe that the Bulls could beat Miami in a 7-game series as presently constituted. It wouldn't be easy and they'd need to get some lucky bounces (not even taking injury into account). The Bulls are playing as well as anyone right now and I think they're going to give Miami fucking hell tonight. Can't wait.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:00 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 14, 2012, 10:51:01 AM
Bulls/Heat tonight in a STATEMENT GAME on ESPN. I believe that the Bulls could beat Miami in a 7-game series as presently constituted. It wouldn't be easy and they'd need to get some lucky bounces (not even taking injury into account). The Bulls are playing as well as anyone right now and I think they're going to give Miami fucking hell tonight. Can't wait.

Rose may be sitting this one out.  Can wait.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2012, 11:26:31 AM »

I don't believe that you believe this.

I don't believe this.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 14, 2012, 11:26:31 AM

I don't believe this.

I'd give them a 30% chance.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2012, 07:33:02 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 14, 2012, 01:43:54 PM
Quote from: PenPho on March 14, 2012, 11:26:31 AM

I don't believe this.

I'd give them a 30% chance.

Intrepid Reader: Peter King

But it's a LEGIT 30%.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2012, 11:08:31 PM »
See? Nothing to it. 10-19 from deep. Nice!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »
Question though. When folks got all hindsore about the way the Heat celebrated their vanquishing of the mighty Celts last summer, did they consider scenes like the end of that game at the UC just now? Jesus Christ. Enthusiasm is great but win something first. I don't have a problem with celebrating in either instance but the Heat won't soon forget this shit. It's exactly the kind of thing the Bulls used for motivation in their demolition of the Pacers last week.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: March 15, 2012, 08:12:07 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 14, 2012, 11:20:50 PM
Question though. When folks got all hindsore about the way the Heat celebrated their vanquishing of the mighty Celts last summer, did they consider scenes like the end of that game at the UC just now? Jesus Christ. Enthusiasm is great but win something first. I don't have a problem with celebrating in either instance but the Heat won't soon forget this shit. It's exactly the kind of thing the Bulls used for motivation in their demolition of the Pacers last week.

Did anyone besides John Lucas really celebrate that much? That guy should have celebrated; he's 4-foot-11 and he showed up LeBron James in the 4th quarter of a huge nationally televised game.

LeBron did manage to score 2 more points than DRose did in the 4th quarter, so he's got that going for him.