News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 134,143 )

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #75 on: May 28, 2009, 10:18:20 PM »
Intrepid Reader: Randy Wells

Is it too late for me to go back to Iowa?
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2009, 12:23:29 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 28, 2009, 09:59:44 PM
Quote from: Bonk on May 28, 2009, 08:45:30 PM
Bump.

That instead of starting a thread called "Can the Cubs ever advance a runner that gets on to lead off an inning?"

Fuck this team. I actually get excited watching an inning for probably the first time all year, and these dipshits strand another three.  Cocksuckers.

You're awesome, too.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: May 29, 2009, 08:48:57 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on May 28, 2009, 10:18:20 PM

Huh?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: May 29, 2009, 08:52:25 AM »
Quote from: MAD on May 29, 2009, 08:48:57 AM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on May 28, 2009, 10:18:20 PM

Huh?
Given that the I-Cubs on the "major league" roster scored 1 run yesterday and the "regular" Cubs scored zero, maybe Wells would want to go to Des Moines to play with the better team.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: May 29, 2009, 09:06:11 AM »
God damn that game sucked last night. Too many DPs (no homo) for me to count on my non-opposable-thumbed paw, and the 8th and 9th innings were terrible. It's always fun when Soriano is in his "swing at every pitch no matter how godawful with men on base" mode. And what the hell was he thinking with that bunt attempt? I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing Chunk Fox play some more third base. I think he nearly sharted his drawers when that hot shot was hit at him in the 9th.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »
Quote from: RV on May 29, 2009, 09:06:11 AM
God damn that game sucked last night. Too many DPs (no homo) for me to count on my non-opposable-thumbed paw, and the 8th and 9th innings were terrible. It's always fun when Soriano is in his "swing at every pitch no matter how godawful with men on base" mode. And what the hell was he thinking with that bunt attempt? I have to say I'm looking forward to seeing Chunk Fox play some more third base. I think he nearly sharted his drawers when that hot shot was hit at him in the 9th.

That Soriano AB was a complete embarrassment last night.
Theriot following it up with a DP was obviously killer as well.

Granted, SCALES has got to make some contact in the 9th, and Jake had a chance too, but Soriano really takes the cake for that pathetic attempt.
It was like watching Sosa at his very worst.

At some point, when a team is struggling, the "stars" have got to be the ones to put the team on their back.
With Aramis out and Milton apparently not very good at baseball, that leaves Soriano.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: May 29, 2009, 11:15:08 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 29, 2009, 11:07:31 AM
At some point, when a team is struggling, the "stars" have got to be the ones to put the team on their back.
With Aramis out and Milton apparently not very good at baseball, that leaves Soriano.
He's not very good at baseball, either.  He does get 3 or 4 hitting spurts a year that last a week or so that fake everyone out, but he remains an awful, awful baseball player.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: May 29, 2009, 11:25:08 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 29, 2009, 11:15:08 AM
He's not very good at baseball, either.  He does get 3 or 4 hitting spurts a year that last a week or so that fake everyone out, but he remains an awful, awful baseball player.

Let's review: http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/s/soriaal01.shtml

Lifetime OPS of .845.  Lifetime OPS+ of 116.  As a Cub, those are .876 and 119 respectively.  However, I grant you that if we take out the "fake-out" times (i.e., the times he plays baseball well) then his numbers probably are not as good.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: May 29, 2009, 11:27:01 AM »
He's not very good at baseball, either.  He does get 3 or 4 hitting spurts a year that last a week or so that fake everyone out, but he remains an awful, awful baseball player. I'm a parody of myself!  Yay!

FYC'd.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: May 29, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 29, 2009, 11:27:01 AM
He's not very good at baseball, either.  He does get 3 or 4 hitting spurts a year that last a week or so that fake everyone out, but he remains an awful, awful baseball player. I'm a parody of myself!  Yay!

FYC'd.

Internet Chuck is my favorite fictional character.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Apexx

• Apul is edad.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: May 29, 2009, 11:31:57 AM »
Quote from: Jon on May 29, 2009, 11:29:00 AM
Quote from: Eli on May 29, 2009, 11:27:01 AM

FYC'd.

Internet Chuck is my favorite fictional character.

He fucked a barrel full of rice and got it pregnant. A big pile of rice popped out.
The Thirteenth Tenet of Pexism: Internet Apex is the id barking at you and you deserve everything you get from it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: May 29, 2009, 11:58:17 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on May 29, 2009, 11:25:08 AM

Lifetime OPS of .845.  Lifetime OPS+ of 116.  As a Cub, those are .876 and 119 respectively.  However, I grant you that if we take out the "fake-out" times (i.e., the times he plays baseball well) then his numbers probably are not as good.
http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kingmda01.shtml

Dave Kingman: Lifetime OPS of .780, but lifetime OPS+ of 116.   As a Cub, those are .907 and 137 respectively.

Cub Kingman > Cub Soriano via OPS analysis.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: May 29, 2009, 12:03:43 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 29, 2009, 11:58:17 AM
Quote from: morpheus on May 29, 2009, 11:25:08 AM

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/k/kingmda01.shtml

Dave Kingman: Lifetime OPS of .780, but lifetime OPS+ of 116.   As a Cub, those are .907 and 137 respectively.

Cub Kingman > Cub Soriano via OPS analysis.

It could very well be, Chuck, that Dave Kingman was worth more to the Cubs than you seem to think.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: May 29, 2009, 12:15:49 PM »
Al Yellon: "Hoffpauir sucked during his September callup if you exclude the games where he got hits."

Chuck: "Soriano was terrible unless you include the once-a-month week-and-a-half spurts where he's the best hitter you'd see anywhere."

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: May 29, 2009, 12:23:35 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on May 29, 2009, 12:15:49 PM
Al Yellon: "Hoffpauir sucked during his September callup if you exclude the games where he got hits."

Chuck: "Soriano was is terrible unless you include the once-a every-other-month week-and-a-half spurts where he's the best hitter you'd see anywhere which makes him tolerable so long as you ignore his defense."