News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 134,147 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #165 on: June 12, 2009, 12:00:29 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 12, 2009, 11:59:21 AM
Quote from: Slak on June 12, 2009, 11:44:34 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on June 12, 2009, 10:31:08 AM
Quote from: MAD on June 12, 2009, 10:20:01 AM
Then I take a breath and remind myself that none of this fucking matters so long as they make the playoffs.
Correct.  This regular season is a waste of our time.  This season is all about October success.  No October wins means the season was a failure, regardless of why they got no wins in October (swept or non-participation).

I can only speak for people I know, but last year's playoff failure really did a fucking number on everyone's ability to watch this team normally.

I don't even blame the playoffs.  Remember how, during the season last season, how so many cockfaces--even around here--became unhinged whenever the Cubs were in one of there rare funks, as if some of these anus warts just woke up and assumed that a 162-game season is supposed to be stress free?  

No, this goes deeper, IMHO.  Some sort of amalgam of modernity, instant communication access, and the <old man waving his cane from his front porch> idiocy of today's instant gratification-seeking youth. </old man waving his cane from his front porch>

Regardless, speaking for the here and now, I'd very much enjoy this team to get more than one run a game.

I fucking hate kids, specifically teenagers

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #166 on: June 12, 2009, 12:09:00 PM »
Lou is moving Fontenot up to second, and dropping Theriot and Fukudome down, or something like that. That should fix it. I PREDICT (say it like you mean it one more time for Murph) that they score 10 runs today.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #167 on: June 12, 2009, 12:12:59 PM »
Quote from: butthead on June 12, 2009, 12:09:00 PM
Lou is moving Fontenot up to second, and dropping Theriot and Fukudome down, or something like that. That should fix it. I PREDICT (say it like you mean it one more time for Murph) that they score 10 runs today.

I fucking hate the way that guy repeats everyithing he says 6 times over before he's done talking about it. I really hate Mike Murphy too

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #168 on: June 12, 2009, 12:15:03 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on June 12, 2009, 12:12:59 PM

I fucking hate the way that guy repeats everyithing he says 6 times over before he's done talking about it. I really hate Mike Murphy too

I wonder if that buttplug will give a tearful farewell to his fans today (I know, I might be JUMPING to CONCLUSIONS to assume there's more than one) since the Macneil regime starts on Monday.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #169 on: June 12, 2009, 12:20:00 PM »
Quote from: RV on June 12, 2009, 12:15:03 PM

I wonder if that buttplug will give a tearful farewell to his fans today (I know, I might be JUMPING to CONCLUSIONS to assume there's more than one) since the Macneil regime starts on Monday.

My favorite Mike Murphy memory would be in the early days of the SCORE when he would come on after McNeil and Boers.  The score was on AM-820 at the time, which didn't program at night, so in January Murphy's show was like 23 minutes long.  Perfect.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #170 on: June 12, 2009, 12:24:28 PM »
Quote from: MAD on June 12, 2009, 12:20:00 PM

My favorite Mike Murphy memory would be in the early days of the SCORE when he would come on after McNeil and Boers.  The score was on AM-820 at the time, which didn't program at night, so in January Murphy's show was like 23 minutes long.  Perfect.

He must have said 7 sentences in that 23 minutes

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #171 on: June 12, 2009, 12:48:45 PM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 12, 2009, 10:46:09 AM

PS, Geoff Blum is a cockgobbling dickrocket.

Geoff Blum is the new Ty Wigginton.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #172 on: June 12, 2009, 12:58:17 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on June 12, 2009, 12:24:28 PM
Quote from: MAD on June 12, 2009, 12:20:00 PM

He must have said 7 sentences in that 23 minutes

He would had, except he played his full 5 minute intro first (he was on for like 15 minutes).
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #173 on: June 12, 2009, 01:37:17 PM »

I'm sure they'll still be able to hear him over at Chicago Sports Webio.

Seriously, I wonder if that guy will ever work again.  Radio guys get recycled like pop cans, but he truly seems to have pissed off every person he's come across in the business.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2009, 01:46:49 PM »
Quote from: CT III on June 12, 2009, 01:37:17 PM

Seriously, I wonder if that guy will ever work again.  Radio guys get recycled like pop cans, but he truly seems to have pissed off every person he's come across in the business.

B&B have spent entire segments talking about punching him in the face.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #175 on: June 13, 2009, 12:30:00 AM »

Where things seem to be going swimmingly.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2009, 08:26:01 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 13, 2009, 12:30:00 AM

Maybe the Ricketts made an offer.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #177 on: June 13, 2009, 11:27:10 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 13, 2009, 12:30:00 AM

I love the first comment...

Tom M. wrote:
This is what happens when a bunch of idiots work together.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #179 on: June 13, 2009, 03:43:24 PM »
I second the motion that this team score some fucking runs.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.