News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Electronic Devices  ( 15,397 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Electronic Devices
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »
Quote from: BH on April 30, 2011, 07:23:47 AM
Quote from: Yeti on April 29, 2011, 07:17:00 PM
Well, BH, I encountered my first issue... Yesterday, after getting a text and going to open it, the text opened and upon going back to the main text screen, my other text conversations were gone. After reading some stuff online, it sounds like this is something that has happened on various Android phones and not just the Thunderbolt. Regardless, it happened and sucks a little. Luckily I didn't have any texts (read sexts) that I wanted to keep.

I've read that they can be a bit buggy at times, followed by 12,000 comments from fagotrons stating why Android devices are superior to the iphone.

I have one and it's superior to the iPhone in every way you can imagine.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2011, 09:47:21 AM »
My Android sucks me off. Whereas the iPhone would only let me make out and dry hump a little. Then it wanted to stay up and talk until 4 a.m. and I had to go into the bathroom and beat it. Stupid fucking iPhone.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2011, 02:25:12 AM »
Quote from: BH on April 28, 2011, 08:01:16 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on April 27, 2011, 11:26:53 PM
Quote from: Yeti on April 27, 2011, 09:12:55 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 27, 2011, 08:48:16 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 27, 2011, 08:20:06 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 27, 2011, 07:14:36 PM
Quote from: Yeti on April 27, 2011, 06:56:57 PM
Alright, humorous moment of poss Yetifail in the ED world...

Already?

I hear it happens to all guys at some point in their lives. But 25 does seem a tad young.

Yetti's only 25? Jebus. I had him pegged (||) at 30-something for sure.

And I wonder why these 21-25 year olds aren't into me (or I'm not into them. hyuck-hyuck-hyuck).

Yeti, you're trying my patience, so I shall be blunt: I know what you're talking about better than you do. You have got to abandon the faint comforts of this rut.

Finally. Desipio offers a mentoring program.

Would that it were so simple.

"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 06:20:58 PM »
So, I realize now that I am definitely in the Honeymoon stage with this device so far, but with my activity on a PC being mainly web browsing and pr0n watching (I guess those two go hand in hand *chortle*), I am wondering if this newfangled Google TV device I just got will make my PC using largely obsolete. Now, the keyboard and mouse isn't perfectly easy to use, but I gather that I'll adapt and within a couple weeks it won't be hard to do at all (||). As I type this, I have the Miami/Boston game on in the top right corner of my TV, and DWade just put up a redick basket. I like so far.

As far as my inferior DISH network, I believe that Google TV can only currently integrate with MY DVR and not your crappy DirecTV and Comcast DVRs. It looks like I can access all my DVRd items and look at my upcoming schedule of items. It has a Netflix app.. Nice. This thing will also serve as the remote for my DISH box, TV, and Audio system. Pretty nice. No complaints so far.

See you next week when it breaks and I'm selling it for $75

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 03:33:54 PM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on April 26, 2011, 08:20:50 AM
Well, BH, that's a great question. I don't know if I have a cut and dried "this phone is the shiznit" answer. Like, one of the things I'm loving about the Thunderbolt that I wasn't getting from the iPhone is the unlimited Internet but that's a provider-level issue, not a phone-level, so it's unfair to judge it on that. I will say I used 8 GB in my first month of use with Verizon, while that would have cost me $85 from AT&T just for the Internet usage alone, while my total Verizon bill is about $5 more than that.

The future 4G usage of the Thunderbolt for me will probably make that usage increase quite a bit, as when I was in St. Louis (the closest 4G coverage to me) I was getting download speeds of 15MB/sec. Verizon says that the 4G network will be up in Springfield by the end of June.

Likely not the first time someone in Yeti's cracker bloodline will have benefited from a grandfather clause...

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetreviews/leaked-memos-confirm-verizons-tiered-data-ambitions/25795

QuoteIn case you were not entirely convinced by previous reports on Verizon's intent to give unlimited data plans the axe, look no further than this latest bit of proof.

The documents, obtained by AndroidCentral, confirm much of the previous speculation, which, all told, seems to be pretty bad news for consumers. Here are some of the important bits, many of which have been reported previously:

• The pricing: $30 for 2GB, $50 for 5GB, $80 for 10GB. Overages will cost you $10 per GB.

• Customers already signed up for Verizon's $29.99 unlimited plan will be grand fathered in after the new changes are enforced. (But for how long?)

• New Verizon customers that jump on board before July 7th will still have access to the unlimited plan. Anyone that signs up after will be out of luck.

With July 7th drawing near, this gives you two weeks to sign up with the current plans. Better get moving.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2011, 02:34:30 PM »
If anyone wanted to break out of their Verizon contract, here are the deets: http://consumerist.com/2011/06/new-fee-lets-you-break-verizon-contract-without-early-termination-fee.html
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2011, 02:48:12 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 01, 2011, 02:34:30 PM
If anyone wanted to break out of their Verizon contract, here are the deets: http://consumerist.com/2011/06/new-fee-lets-you-break-verizon-contract-without-early-termination-fee.html

Intrepid Reader: Yeti

Anyone want a good deal on a gently-used Verizon contract?
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2011, 08:20:27 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on July 01, 2011, 02:48:12 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on July 01, 2011, 02:34:30 PM

Intrepid Reader: Yeti

Anyone want a good deal on a gently-used Verizon contract?

Why would I want free of my contract?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2011, 05:53:42 PM »
So, what does everyone do (legal means) for their TV/Movie at home entertainment? Redbox, Netflix, Blockbuster, HBOGO, Hulu+ etc? Only one of these, a mixture, neither?

What have you found that is the most economical option that allows you to see the most programming?

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2011, 06:30:51 PM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on September 27, 2011, 05:53:42 PM
So, what does everyone do (legal means) for their TV/Movie at home entertainment? Redbox, Netflix, Blockbuster, HBOGO, Hulu+ etc? Only one of these, a mixture, neither?

What have you found that is the most economical option that allows you to see the most programming?

I have all the movie channels and then I DVR every single thing that sounds remotely interesting and then never watch any of it.

Having kids is awesome.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2011, 07:10:26 PM »
Internet and Netflix.  Fuck cable. 

Also, can I come over to your guyses houses to watch the Blackhawks games?
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2011, 07:17:25 PM »

I spend all my time refreshing Desipio and the Slogger.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »
Quote from: Alrish Yeltin on September 27, 2011, 05:53:42 PMWhat have you found that is the most economical option that allows you to see the most programming?

I get the programming in my mind for free. Much of it revolves around misspent time.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 08:55:51 PM »
QuoteThe childish Yogins like the Tirthikas and others can never find out their own nature.... One has no need of Tantra or Mantra, or of the images or the Dharanis--all these are causes of confusion. In vain does one try to attain Moksha by meditation.... All are hypnotized by the system of the jhanas, but nones cares to realize his own self.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2011, 12:15:14 AM »
Quote from: PenPho on September 27, 2011, 06:30:51 PM

I have all the movie channels and then I DVR every single thing that sounds remotely interesting and then never watch any of it.

Having kids is awesome.

I don't have kids, but still have movies saved on my DVR for years. Once you have to scroll down more than a few times they're forgotten.