News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive  ( 102,083 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2010-11 Chicago Bears: The Last Time You'll See Utler Alive
« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2010, 12:04:53 PM »
BC will love this pick because he hates physical corners who tackle well.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/04/bears-get-value-with-fifth-round-pick-moore.html
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2010, 06:43:15 PM »
Wootton might have been picked in the first two rounds if it weren't for that injury.  He was never 100% this year and even now is being quoted as saying he's around 90-95%.  He only ran a 4.9 forty, but again, he's capable of a lot more respectable time once all those torn -CL's heal up.  Great physical tools and height (6'6).  Played so inconsistently as a fresh/soph there was some talk he'd be moved to OT to help shore up the O-line, but then he had a breakout junior year with 10 sacks.  If he can get healthy, regain his speed, and bulk up a little bit, he could be a very effective pass rusher in the NFL.  At the very least, he's a special teams stud with a talent for blocking FGs.

EDIT - Oh yeah, and he's the guy who ended Ricky Stanzi's season.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: April 24, 2010, 06:49:44 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 24, 2010, 06:43:15 PM
Wootton might have been picked in the first two rounds if it weren't for that injury.  He was never 100% this year and even now is being quoted as saying he's around 90-95%.  He only ran a 4.9 forty, but again, he's capable of a lot more respectable time once all those torn -CL's heal up.  Great physical tools and height (6'6).  Played so inconsistently as a fresh/soph there was some talk he'd be moved to OT to help shore up the O-line, but then he had a breakout junior year with 10 sacks.  If he can get healthy, regain his speed, and bulk up a little bit, he could be a very effective pass rusher in the NFL.  At the very least, he's a special teams stud with a talent for blocking FGs.

Not a bad pick at all for where they took him. I'm actually going to give this draft a slight positive. They did well with what they had. Safety was a huge need and I think Wright at least a 2nd round talent that they got in the third. Wooten has legitimate talent as well. I liked Lefevour alot before the season, and while I was disappointed with his Senior Bowl, I think he's third round project or even good competition for Caleb Hanie if they bring in a veteran back-up and only keep one of the kids. I don't know much about Moore, but he can't be any worse than Nathan Vasher, can he? J'Marcus Wbb was also good value for a 7th round pick. He comes from West Texas A & M, but he started at Texas and left to get more playing time. He's got NFL size and a nice wingspan. I'm wondering if they'll try him as a guard or leave him at tackle.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: April 24, 2010, 06:56:14 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 24, 2010, 06:49:44 PM
Quote from: Day Man on April 24, 2010, 06:43:15 PM

Not a bad pick at all for where they took him. I'm actually going to give this draft a slight positive. They did well with what they had. Safety was a huge need and I think Wright at least a 2nd round talent that they got in the third. Wooten has legitimate talent as well. I liked Lefevour alot before the season, and while I was disappointed with his Senior Bowl, I think he's third round project or even good competition for Caleb Hanie if they bring in a veteran back-up and only keep one of the kids. I don't know much about Moore, but he can't be any worse than Nathan Vasher, can he? J'Marcus Wbb was also good value for a 7th round pick. He comes from West Texas A & M, but he started at Texas and left to get more playing time. He's got NFL size and a nice wingspan. I'm wondering if they'll try him as a guard or leave him at tackle.

I was hoping CB Sherrick McManis would go to the Bears too, but the Texans selected him in the 5th.  McManis engages receivers and has big-play ability, consistently leading the team in interceptions and almost single-handedly altering the opponent's passing game when he's on the field.  However, he's injury prone and lacks top-end NFL speed (4.5).  He might be a better fit at FS, where I thought he could add some depth for the Bears.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #319 on: April 24, 2010, 07:15:56 PM »
Would've preferred another offensive lineman or a receiver over getting LeFevour... The Bears traded for Cutler, they need to protect him and get him more weapons to work with. Other than that, I think the draft is a B+ in terms of the talent selected, unfortunately with the lack of picks the overall grade is probably a B-. I think this offseason has been pretty good, although I still worry about how Olsen is going to be utilized by Martz. If Martz really wants the TE to be a blocker the vast majority of the time, then the Bears should have shopped Olsen and tried to get an additional pick or two...

Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: April 24, 2010, 07:27:16 PM »
Quote from: BC on April 24, 2010, 07:15:56 PM
Would've preferred another offensive lineman or a receiver over getting LeFevour... The Bears traded for Cutler, they need to protect him and get him more weapons to work with. Other than that, I think the draft is a B+ in terms of the talent selected, unfortunately with the lack of picks the overall grade is probably a B-. I think this offseason has been pretty good, although I still worry about how Olsen is going to be utilized by Martz. If Martz really wants the TE to be a blocker the vast majority of the time, then the Bears should have shopped Olsen and tried to get an additional pick or two...

I led the mob when Martz got hired, but now that the draft has passed I'm less afraid they're going to do something stupid and trade Olsen. Martz will find a way to utilize him in passing situations, while Manumaleuna will make it onto the field to block at times. I think the Bears have plenty of "weapons" around Cutler. Hester, Bennett, Aromashadu, and Knox aren't Pro-Bowlers but they make a quality receiving corps in an offense that spreads the ball around. With another year's experience I expect them to perform even better and make a lot fewer of the mental mistakes that contributed to quite a few of Cutler's interceptions. Forte and Taylor make a nice runningback tandem. My biggest concern is still the offensive line, but I think they'll make a move during training camp to shore that up. There were better safeties and defensive linemen than offensive linemen available and they went with the best players available. If they're satisfied with this offseason and don't make any further moves to shore up the line, I'll be pissed, but I'm willing to wait till after they break camp to pass judgement.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #321 on: April 24, 2010, 08:08:57 PM »
I would like to see the Bears try to work out a one-year deal with Faneca now that the Jets released him. Some scouts said that he dropped off in the second half of the '09 campaign. However I watched a couple of their regular season games down the stretch, along with their playoff games, and only saw one play where I thought Faneca looked really bad...
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: April 24, 2010, 08:38:58 PM »
Quote from: BC on April 24, 2010, 08:08:57 PM
I would like to see the Bears try to work out a one-year deal with Faneca now that the Jets released him. Some scouts said that he dropped off in the second half of the '09 campaign. However I watched a couple of their regular season games down the stretch, along with their playoff games, and only saw one play where I thought Faneca looked really bad...

Yeah, what do those so-called "scouts" know anyway?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: April 24, 2010, 09:49:49 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on April 24, 2010, 08:38:58 PM

Yeah, what do those so-called "scouts" know anyway?

I think Faneca has something left in the tank to. But I'm no Carol Slezak.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: April 24, 2010, 11:35:53 PM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/news/story?id=5133405

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #325 on: April 25, 2010, 08:18:04 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 24, 2010, 11:35:53 PM

Supa Bears, Supa Bowe! Supa Bears, Supa Bowe!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #326 on: April 25, 2010, 09:39:14 AM »
Quote from: Andy on April 23, 2010, 04:49:19 PM
Hey, she just figured out that Joakim Noah isn't a girl, I had to find something else for her to be hilariously fooled by.

You're married to Bill Simmons' daughter?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: April 25, 2010, 10:27:44 AM »
Wait, Lance Louis is still in the running for a jorb? Great.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: April 26, 2010, 07:56:52 AM »
McDaniels. Tebow. The gay jokes write themselves.

QuoteAs Lindsay Jones of the Denver Post points out, the eventual marriage was sparked by a 15-minute session at the Scouting Combine, when Tebow met with coach Josh McDaniels and other members of the Broncos' contingent.

"I was jacked leaving that room," Tebow said.  "I didn't even want to visit another room.  It was not enough time.  We were excited, we were enthusiastic.  There was passion.  It was just intense, and it was ball, and it was juice.  The juice level in that room was high, and it was awesome."
McDaniels agreed.  "We left [the Combine] saying, 'Boy, that's pretty unique, what he has and his passion for this game and for winning.'  He's been a winner, and you could see why."

Tebow has a plan for winning the affection of the rest of the organization.  "I'm going to have one goal and that goal is to earn the respect of my teammates and coaches," Tebow said.  "That's the only goal I have.  It's not to be the starting quarterback right now, it is to earn their respect, because when you earn respect from people, then they begin to like you, and then they believe in you, and then they begin to love you, and then you have a team that is united and cares about each other more than anything else.

"Then you go out there and you play for each other, you play for your coaches and you win championships."

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: April 26, 2010, 09:46:48 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 25, 2010, 08:18:04 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 24, 2010, 11:35:53 PM

Supa Bears, Supa Bowe! Supa Bears, Supa Bowe!

DPD. Football Outsiders makes it sound like he might be worth a look. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2010/jets-release-alan-faneca