News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,922 )

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #825 on: November 08, 2009, 02:53:19 PM »
This team is a bigger disappointment than the ass graze was.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

fiveouts

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #826 on: November 08, 2009, 02:59:45 PM »
The single most important reason why Lovie Smith should be fired might be the fact that Jay Cutler is still in the game. 

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #827 on: November 08, 2009, 03:00:13 PM »
Quote from: BC on November 08, 2009, 02:53:19 PM
This team is a bigger disappointment than the ass graze was.

I'm embarrassed to have you as an internet acquaintance.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #828 on: November 08, 2009, 03:04:08 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on November 08, 2009, 02:59:45 PM
The single most important reason why Lovie Smith should be fired might be the fact that Jay Cutler is still in the game. 

We are never out of a game with Jay Cutler in. I read it online.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #829 on: November 08, 2009, 03:50:48 PM »
Quote from: fiveouts on November 08, 2009, 02:32:16 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on November 08, 2009, 02:19:32 PM
 There's so little salvageable talent on both sides of the ball right now, that things are probably going to get a lot worse before they get a lot better.  I'm not going to say Lovie is a good coach right now, but I'm also not delusional enough to believe that firing the coach is going to make one damn bit of difference in making bad football players play better than bad football players.

Horseshit "DOOOOOOOOM FOREVER AND EVER!" posts like this will be the reason why I will be placing a moratorium on reading anything about the Bears in the coming week.  

I said it was going to get a lot better.  It's just short-term doom.  If Cutler stays for a while, the team will win, but the offense surrounding Cutler, as well as a lot of the defense needs an overhaul.  That takes a little bit of time--but if it's done right, the team should be good for a while.

Or, I'll just quote what Dolan said:

QuoteThis isn't a playoff team, and worse, it's a team without many good young players.  You've got a quarterback, one linebacker, a running back you're optimistic about but no longer sure of, and a lot of mediocrity.

As much as I hate to join the meathead chorus, this looks like a team that needs to start over.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #830 on: November 08, 2009, 05:08:34 PM »
Let's say you're an NFL GM and you're starting a team from scratch. Is there anyone on the Bears you'd even consider for your imaginary squadron other than Cutler, Briggs, and maybe Peanut?

Lovie hasn't covered himself in glory this year but I think Angelo deserves most of the blame here. What a shitshow.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #831 on: November 08, 2009, 05:28:14 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 08, 2009, 05:08:34 PM
Let's say you're an NFL GM and you're starting a team from scratch. Is there anyone on the Bears you'd even consider for your imaginary squadron other than Cutler, Briggs, and maybe Peanut?

Lovie hasn't covered himself in glory this year but I think Angelo deserves most of the blame here. What a shitshow.

I'd take Hester. In a real offense he'd be pretty terrifying. And you're absolutely right.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #832 on: November 08, 2009, 05:36:39 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 08, 2009, 05:08:34 PM

I listened to the game on the radio, so I can't really comment on today
(hell, with Joniak calling the game I have no idea what happened on more
than 15 of the plays anyways), but I think that the team actually has a good
core of players that could shine on a functional team.  It's just they have enough
holes that teams just scheme against the good players.  And the Bears coaches
don't feel the need to ever really do anything different.  Supposed changes like lots
more blitzing this year, are worthless because they are the same couple blitzes
over and over.  Teams have figured out how to attack Lovie's defense and he
isn't changing it.  Teams have figured out how to shut down Turner's offense, and
he isn't changing it.  Teams with far worse personnel manage to not get their shit
rocked every week.  There's no real reason this defense and offense shouldn't be
at least average.  When's the last time they did anything (play call wise) that
surprised you on a single play?

Having said that, I think both Angelo and Lovie share the blame for what
personnel they have brought in.  In baseball the GM pretty much makes all
the decisions, but in football both need to be involved because they need
to make sure players fit into the schemes.  For the most part, I really think they
have done a solid job in the draft.  But free agency has been a total bust.  I also
think they should take the rest of the practices this season to build a giant catapult
and launch their strength and conditioning team into the sun.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #833 on: November 08, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
Really the offensive skill position players are all good, young, and cheap. Cutler, Hester, Bennett, Knox, Forte, and Olsen have all shown talent. With a legitimate offensive line they'd be extremely dangerous. There's enough there to build an offense around if Chris Williams and Josh Beekman pan out and they can find some way to retool the rest of the line. The defense, however, is totally fucked. Briggs is the only person over there that's a legitimately good NFL player. So yeah, just replace the entire defensive line, every cornerback and safety, find a strong side linebacker, and hope Urlacher can play a few more years, and this can totally be a contending team. Oh, I'd keep Robbie Gould too.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #834 on: November 08, 2009, 05:45:35 PM »
Quote from: Pre on November 08, 2009, 05:36:39 PM
I also think they should take the rest of the practices this season to build a giant catapult
and launch their strength and conditioning team into the sun.

Oh man....you know the season has gone down the shitter when we're complaining about Rusty Jones. What a disappointment.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #835 on: November 08, 2009, 05:46:45 PM »
Quote from: SKO on November 08, 2009, 05:38:55 PM
Really the offensive skill position players are all good, young, and cheap. Cutler, Hester, Bennett, Knox, Forte, and Olsen have all shown talent. With a legitimate offensive line they'd be extremely dangerous. There's enough there to build an offense around if Chris Williams and Josh Beekman pan out and they can find some way to retool the rest of the line. The defense, however, is totally fucked. Briggs is the only person over there that's a legitimately good NFL player. So yeah, just replace the entire defensive line, every cornerback and safety, find a strong side linebacker, and hope Urlacher can play a few more years, and this can totally be a contending team. Oh, I'd keep Robbie Gould too.

Intrepid Reader: Brad Maynard

Hey, lest you forget I was the MVP of this team like nine years ago. So that should count for ... somehting.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #836 on: November 08, 2009, 05:50:06 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 08, 2009, 05:46:45 PM

Hey, lest you forget I was the MVP of this team like nine years ago. So that should count for ... somehting.

I like Todd Sauerbrun better, Maynard. He sucked, but he was the Punter with Personality.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #837 on: November 08, 2009, 05:50:44 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 08, 2009, 05:46:45 PM

Hey, lest you forget I was the MVP of this team MAC Defensive Player-of-the-Year and MVP like nine years ago. So that should count for ... somehting.

Cardinal'd

Actually, that doesn't sound right. Defensive player of the year? Can his Wikipedia page be wrong?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #838 on: November 08, 2009, 06:01:00 PM »

Yeah but do we think Angelo can handle retooling the line?  One of my favorite comments by Aikman was that the Bears had had offensive line problems the last few years, but hadn't really addressed them. 

This of course is complete nonsense, as in the past two years, they've drafted Beekman and Williams, and signed Pace, Olmiyale and Shaffer.  The problem has been that so far none of these guys has been better than "meh" while several of them have been horrible, horrible failures.  These guys make me miss Blake Brockermeyer.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #839 on: November 08, 2009, 06:02:56 PM »

Yeah, you and Apex and Pre are right, there's talent there. It just sucks to watch legit ballaz like Fitzgerald and Dockett pwn the shit out of the Bears, while opposing coaches are able to scheme around our 'studs' on a week-to-week basis because of the tasty matchups they can exploit against the other buttwipes the Bears put on the field.

And CT is also right. Angelo couldn't find a long-term solution at offensive line with a flashlight and the other part of that one witty statement.