News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,923 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #900 on: November 10, 2009, 07:45:59 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 10, 2009, 07:24:33 AM
I watched the Broncos games and then went over to check some of the comments at Broncotalk. I didn't comment, because I'm not a troll and frankly I'm tired of Bronco fans popping over, but some of the comments about Orton were downright hysterical:

"Two games of Chicago Orton! BOOOO!"

"They aren't even trying to throw deep!"

"We have to throw deep at least once to intimidate the damn defenses!"

"I think teams mighta figured out our offsne!"

"I wish I could have Cutler's arm and Orton's brains..."

"Nice job, how many times now has he thrown a 3 yard pass to Bmarsh on 3rd and 7??"

If they had Cutler they'd be a fucking title contender. Oh, well. They're going the playoffs and we're not. KLD:SFj;aka;lk
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #901 on: November 10, 2009, 07:52:44 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 10, 2009, 07:45:59 AM
I watched the Broncos games and then went over to check some of the comments at Broncotalk. I didn't comment, because I'm not a troll and frankly I'm tired of Bronco fans popping over, but some of the comments about Orton were downright hysterical:

"Nice job, how many times now has he thrown a 3 yard pass to Bmarsh on 3rd and 7??"

If they had Cutler they'd be a fucking title contender. Oh, well. They're going the playoffs and we're not. KLD:SFj;aka;lk

They've gotten their asses thoroughly handed to them the last two weeks, last week by a Baltimore team that just got completely shut down by the Bengals. The Chargers are only a game back and they're hot right now. It's a tough AFC, and teams have figured out that if you rush Orton and take away all of those nice, cushy underneath routes and prevent his receivers from getting free YAC he can't really do much. Are they still better than the Bears right now? Yes. Are they Definitely a playoff team? Not so sure. Am I that asshole that likes to ask and answer his own questions as a rhetorical method? Yes.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #902 on: November 10, 2009, 08:05:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 10, 2009, 07:52:44 AM

They've gotten their asses thoroughly handed to them the last two weeks, last week by a Baltimore team that just got completely shut down by the Bengals. The Chargers are only a game back and they're hot right now. It's a tough AFC, and teams have figured out that if you rush Orton and take away all of those nice, cushy underneath routes and prevent his receivers from getting free YAC he can't really do much. Are they still better than the Bears right now? Yes. Are they Definitely a playoff team? Not so sure. Am I that asshole that likes to ask and answer his own questions as a rhetorical method? Yes.

Just like last year with the Bears.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #903 on: November 10, 2009, 08:06:11 AM »

Plenty of room on the Blackhawks' bandwagon.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #904 on: November 10, 2009, 08:14:11 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 10, 2009, 08:06:11 AM

I've got some time scheduled for them in late-March/Early April depending on what Purdue does in the NCAAs. Otherwise, I'll just continue being halfway awake during their games and hoping for the best for your sake.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #905 on: November 10, 2009, 08:18:42 AM »

Sure, you could be right. But I've just about tired of rooting for Denver to FAIL because of how the coach/fanbase treated my favorite football player. It's kind of, um, I don't know, ghey. Plus, if they do make the playoffs and make a run, it'll be just another speedbagging of the junk to apply ice too. When all I should be doing is reading. About stuff.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #906 on: November 10, 2009, 08:20:27 AM »

I love that team.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #907 on: November 10, 2009, 08:21:54 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 10, 2009, 08:20:27 AM

I love that team.

Hey, are you going to the Eagles' game with me or not? I emailed you two days ago about that. If you're not going, tell me and I'll open the opportunity up to this insincere collective of morans.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #908 on: November 10, 2009, 08:22:46 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 10, 2009, 08:14:11 AM

I've got some time scheduled for them in late-March/Early April depending on what Purdue does in the NCAAs. Otherwise, I'll just continue being halfway awake during their games and hoping for the best for your sake.

Why? I think I do better pissed off than I do happy.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #909 on: November 10, 2009, 08:23:45 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 10, 2009, 08:22:46 AM

For your wife's sake then.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #910 on: November 10, 2009, 08:24:50 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 10, 2009, 08:23:45 AM
Quote from: Fork on November 10, 2009, 08:22:46 AM

For your wife's sake then.

See above comment.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #911 on: November 10, 2009, 08:34:27 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 10, 2009, 08:18:42 AM

Sure, you could be right. But I've just about tired of rooting for Denver to FAIL because of how the coach/fanbase treated my favorite football player. It's kind of, um, I don't know, ghey. Plus, if they do make the playoffs and make a run, it'll be just another speedbagging of the junk to apply ice too. When all I should be doing is reading. About stuff.

It's actually the opposite for me. I started out perfectly fine with Broncos fans and merely wished the trade to work out and Kyle and Jay to both to do well. Then they started commenting after every Cutler incompletion and my blood rose to boilin' level, so fuck them.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #912 on: November 10, 2009, 08:43:16 AM »

Becoming a hockey fan always seems like a good idea to me.  The players seem to be pretty cool guys.  I enjoy toothless smiles as much as the next guy.  Who doesn't like to wear a polyester sweater with culottes and socks pulled up to their knees?  Also, in the past I've been known to let John McDonough spoon feed me horseshit and I just can't get enough of it.

And then hockey season starts and I think, "This is the year" (Ron Santo-style) "that I'm going to become a hockey fan." 

And then I realize that I could give a shit.

So for the 36th straight year, I'm just going to let the bandwagon cruise on past.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #913 on: November 10, 2009, 08:46:51 AM »
6:34 AM - Caller to Score suggests that the Bears need to get rid of Lovie and go after Mike Singletary.  Because Mike Singletary is a leader.  He's the captain of the team.  He gets the most out of his players.  

And they've lost 4 straight.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #914 on: November 10, 2009, 08:55:39 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 10, 2009, 08:46:51 AM
6:34 AM - Caller to Score suggests that the Bears need to get rid of Lovie and go after Mike Singletary.  Because Mike Singletary is a leader.  He's the captain of the team.  He gets the most out of his players.  

And they've lost 4 straight.

YOU CANNOT WIN WITH THEM