News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,931 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #915 on: November 10, 2009, 08:57:31 AM »
Quote from: Andy on November 10, 2009, 08:43:16 AM
So for the 36th straight year, I'm just going to let the bandwagon cruise on past.
Join in April.  That's when the NHL gets really interesting.  It's kind of like the NBA where the first six months are pointless, but it's unlike the NBA in that  the last 3 months are fun and interesting.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #916 on: November 10, 2009, 09:12:37 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 10, 2009, 08:46:51 AM
6:34 AM - Caller to Score suggests that the Bears need to get rid of Lovie and go after Mike Singletary.  Because Mike Singletary is a leader.  He's the captain of the team.  He gets the most out of his players.  

And they've lost 4 straight.

The only thing missing here is a mention of playing Bear football.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #917 on: November 10, 2009, 09:14:02 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 10, 2009, 09:12:37 AM
6:34 AM - Caller to Score suggests that the Bears need to get rid of Lovie and go after Mike Singletary.  Because Mike Singletary is a leader.  He's the captain of the team.  He gets the most out of his players.  

You'll find numerous mentions of that here:

http://www.fireloviesmith.com/

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #918 on: November 10, 2009, 09:17:32 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 10, 2009, 08:21:54 AM
Quote from: Oleg on November 10, 2009, 08:20:27 AM
Quote from: Fork on November 10, 2009, 08:06:11 AM

Plenty of room on the Blackhawks' bandwagon.

I love that team.

Hey, are you going to the Eagles' game with me or not? I emailed you two days ago about that. If you're not going, tell me and I'll open the opportunity up to this insincere collective of morans.

Eagles next Sunday?  Yeah, I'm in.  Why wouldn't I be?

Sorry, I didn't see no e-mail.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #919 on: November 10, 2009, 09:19:17 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 10, 2009, 09:14:02 AM

You've find numerous mentions of that here:

Quotewe need BILL COWER, to make OUR bears respectable again. JOHN GRUDEN

I'm with this guy, I want either Bill Cower or John Gruden.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #920 on: November 10, 2009, 09:21:18 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 10, 2009, 08:06:11 AM

Plenty of room on the Blackhawks' bandwagon.

Becoming a hockey fan always seems like a good idea to me.  The players seem to be pretty cool guys.  I enjoy toothless smiles as much as the next guy.  Who doesn't like to wear a polyester sweater with culottes and socks pulled up to their knees?  Also, in the past I've been known to let John McDonough spoon feed me horseshit and I just can't get enough of it.

And then hockey season starts and I think, "This is the year" (Ron Santo-style) "that I'm going to become a hockey fan." 

And then I realize that I could give a shit.

So for the 36th straight year, I'm just going to let the bandwagon cruise on past.

Your loss.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #921 on: November 10, 2009, 09:26:15 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 10, 2009, 09:19:17 AM

Too late on Gruden. He's going to Notre Dame.

I heard it on the radio. It must be true.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #922 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27:26 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 10, 2009, 08:57:31 AM
Join in April.  That's when the NHL gets really interesting.  It's kind of like the NBA where the first six months are pointless, but it's unlike the NBA in that  the last 3 months are fun and interesting.

heh.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #923 on: November 10, 2009, 10:00:59 AM »

Quote from: Jim (Naperville, IL)OUR bears are better than this, fire smith now so maybe we can salvage this season

Quote from: Joe (Medina, OH)I did not like the hire when they made it ( I wanted Russ Grimm )

I bet they could still get him.

Quote from: Brian, Daytona Fl.Its time to start talking with our wallets. I'm not buying another piece of Bears merchandise until Smith is gone. No jerseys, no tshirts, no hats, no keychains, no ANYTHING until that comatose, blind loser is out of Halas Hall.

No KEYCHAINS? But where will you keep your keys?

Quote from: Darrell (Chicago, IL)I've been saying the Bears should fire Lovie Smith since the Super Bowl season when he called that timeout against Seattle with a couple of seconds left in regulation. I do a sports radio show every Sunday and I have been ripping him for years now.

BC needs to give this guy a call.

Quote from: Robert (Homewood, IL)If the George Halas(papa bear) was to watch this, I hope Virginia or I aren't close to him.

GILF fever, catch it!

Quote from: Stu (Chicago, IL)Well, another disasterous defensive performance against the Cardinals today for our "vaulted" Bears coached by the "defensive guru" Lovie Smith.

Quote from: Vito (St. Charles, IL)I am tired of our coach looking like he did a bag of heroin on the side lines...if we are getting our butts kicked on the field I want to see fire and brimstone from the coach. If you pick up and pat an opposing player on the head you should be benched. I am embarrassed ! The demeanor of this team is terrible...no one fears us any more. We are left with the 100 dollar Jersey and the foam bear claw looking like asses.

Sit down, Vito.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #924 on: November 10, 2009, 10:03:45 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on November 10, 2009, 10:00:59 AM

Quote from: Jim (Naperville, IL)OUR bears are better than this, fire smith now so maybe we can salvage this season

Quote from: Joe (Medina, OH)I did not like the hire when they made it ( I wanted Russ Grimm )

Quote from: Brian, Daytona Fl.Its time to start talking with our wallets. I'm not buying another piece of Bears merchandise until Smith is gone. No jerseys, no tshirts, no hats, no keychains, no ANYTHING until that comatose, blind loser is out of Halas Hall.

Quote from: Darrell (Chicago, IL)I've been saying the Bears should fire Lovie Smith since the Super Bowl season when he called that timeout against Seattle with a couple of seconds left in regulation. I do a sports radio show every Sunday and I have been ripping him for years now.

Quote from: Robert (Homewood, IL)If the George Halas(papa bear) was to watch this, I hope Virginia or I aren't close to him.

GILF fever, catch it!

Quote from: Stu (Chicago, IL)Well, another disasterous defensive performance against the Cardinals today for our "vaulted" Bears coached by the "defensive guru" Lovie Smith.

Quote from: Vito (St. Charles, IL)I am tired of our coach looking like he did a bag of heroin on the side lines...if we are getting our butts kicked on the field I want to see fire and brimstone from the coach. If you pick up and pat an opposing player on the head you should be benched. I am embarrassed ! The demeanor of this team is terrible...no one fears us any more. We are left with the 100 dollar Jersey and the foam bear claw looking like asses.

Sit down, Vito.

Thrill, doing the devil's work.  I couldn't stand to even look at that site.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #925 on: November 10, 2009, 10:04:21 AM »

HE LOOKS LIKE DITKER DAT MEANS HE'S A WINNER!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #926 on: November 10, 2009, 10:08:12 AM »

A podcast does not equal a radio show.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #927 on: November 10, 2009, 10:59:46 AM »
Quote from: MAD on November 10, 2009, 10:03:45 AM

GILF fever, catch it!

Sit down, Vito.

Thrill, doing the devil's work.  I couldn't stand to even look at that site.

OK, after reading that, I'm buying the URL www.keeploviesmithascoachforlife.com

Of the things wrong with Lovie Smith, his demeanor is NOT one of them. The way he deals with the charades known as "press conferences" is NOT one of them.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #928 on: November 10, 2009, 11:01:44 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 10, 2009, 10:59:46 AM
OK, after reading that, I'm buying the URL www.keeploviesmithascoachforlife.com

Of the things wrong with Lovie Smith, his demeanor is NOT one of them. The way he deals with the charades known as "press conferences" is NOT one of them.

Now the way Jay Cutler deals with his press conferences on the other hand...

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #929 on: November 12, 2009, 12:28:03 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 10, 2009, 10:08:12 AM

A podcast does not equal a radio show.

The man that wears the hockeenight thong disagrees.