News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,933 )

EVILteddie

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #1095 on: November 29, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »
Does anybody really think Lovie Smith is going to be fired? Not going to happen now, or after the season. Ron Turner maybe, but I doubt that will even happen.

I loved listening to the Allen/Favre dick sucking all freakin game.
2 7 19 31 33 88

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1096 on: November 29, 2009, 07:22:21 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on November 24, 2009, 05:21:23 PM
Hub Arkush via WSCR reporting that the Bears have expressed informal interest to John Gruden, Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher.

Listened to Arkush and Hampton prior to the game.  First of all, I think Hamp may be borderline retarded. 

Second, Arkush clarified this report.  According to Hub, the Bears have specifically looked into Bill Cowher as a possible replacement, and nobody else.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1097 on: November 29, 2009, 07:35:40 PM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on November 29, 2009, 07:02:37 PM
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 29, 2009, 06:57:16 PM
Quote from: Brownie on November 29, 2009, 06:42:46 PM
Only once before have I seen a sure Hall-of-Fame player enjoy a renaissance late in his career in which he put up statistics better than what he did in his heyday like Favre has since the guy in San Francisco about 8 years ago.

I so upset about the game that this kind of sentence doesn't faze me.

I also upset.  But I upset about a different game.

I angry.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1098 on: November 29, 2009, 08:15:24 PM »
Look at it this way.  The Bears will be giving the Broncos a very high first round draft pick next spring.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1099 on: November 29, 2009, 08:22:32 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on November 29, 2009, 08:15:24 PM
Look at it this way.  The Bears will be giving the Broncos a very high first round draft pick next spring.

Actually, I don't prefer to look at it that way either.  Fuck this shit.

Teh Hossa is really good.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1100 on: November 29, 2009, 11:04:33 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 29, 2009, 07:22:21 PM
Hub Arkush via WSCR reporting that the Bears have expressed informal interest to John Gruden, Mike Shanahan and Bill Cowher.

Listened to Arkush and Hampton prior to the game.  First of all, I think Hamp may be borderline retarded. 

Second, Arkush clarified this report.  According to Hub, the Bears have specifically looked into Bill Cowher as a possible replacement, and nobody else.

Cowher has said he's "very interested" in the Bears job.  I'm willing to drive one of the dump trucks of money myself.

Also, Cowher opens up the possibility of Cowher Hours.  Them's good times.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1101 on: November 29, 2009, 11:26:28 PM »
If Cowher gets hired by the Bears, Brenly's joke-writer wins and we all lose.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1102 on: November 29, 2009, 11:32:20 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on November 29, 2009, 11:04:33 PM

Cowher has said he's "very interested" in the Bears job.  I'm willing to drive one of the dump trucks of money myself.

Also, Cowher opens up the possibility of Cowher Hours.  Them's good times.

I hear Frontbutt will be available to run the offense.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1103 on: November 30, 2009, 07:30:31 AM »
After watching the first half of the Vikings game and seeing how much this team has regressed, I don't see how Lovie and the rest of this staff keeps their jobs. Granted this team has plenty of holes in it, but they are poorly coached.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1104 on: November 30, 2009, 08:55:12 AM »
Quote from: EVILteddie on November 29, 2009, 07:04:31 PM
Does anybody really think Lovie Smith is going to be fired? Not going to happen now, or after the season. Ron Turner maybe, but I doubt that will even happen.

As much as it pains my anus to say it, those pudmongers deserve all the beejes being sent their way. They're really good.

As far as Cowher goes, isn't his success due more to the Steelers ability to consistently draft really good players, than to his awesome coachiness?

I think he'd be an improvement over Lovie, but in my football world, letting Angelo keep his job and hiring Cowher wouldn't give me a very firm boner.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1105 on: November 30, 2009, 08:55:52 AM »

There is nothing borderline about Dan Hampton's retardation.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1106 on: November 30, 2009, 09:05:12 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 30, 2009, 08:55:12 AM

As much as it pains my anus to say it, those pudmongers deserve all the beejes being sent their way. They're really good.

As far as Cowher goes, isn't his success due more to the Steelers ability to consistently draft really good players, than to his awesome coachiness?

I think he'd be an improvement over Lovie, but in my football world, letting Angelo keep his job and hiring Cowher wouldn't give me a very firm boner.

I'd like to see Cowher and Joel Quenneville in a stache-off.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1107 on: November 30, 2009, 09:10:12 AM »
Quote from: R-V on November 30, 2009, 08:55:12 AM

Agreed. Cowher would improve the situation somewhat, but Angelo really needs to go. Granted, alot of the shitty personnel/coaching decisions this team has made were taken on Lovie's insistence (firing Rivera, deciding "his guy" Archuletta deserved to play over Chris Harris, deciding Bob Babich was worth the danish it takes to feed him), but Angelo needs to have more of a backbone than that. His specialty is supposed to be player evaluation. Coaches naturally favor veterans, GMs need to be able to man up to the coach and ensure roster turnover and keep the team fresh and young even when the coach's loyalty to those players makes it difficult.

Edited to note: Also, during most of Cowher's tenure in Pittsburgh there was no GM. There was a Director of Football Operations, and then there was Cowher, and they typically fought over personnel control. Nevertheless he had a great deal of input.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1108 on: November 30, 2009, 09:17:06 AM »
Quote from: Andy on November 30, 2009, 08:55:52 AM

There is nothing borderline about Dan Hampton's retardation.

I am trying to be charitable this holiday season.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1109 on: November 30, 2009, 09:49:22 AM »
Brian Urlacher, pining for Kyle Orton.

Quote"Look, I love Jay, and I understand he's a great player who can take us a long way, and I still have faith in him," Urlacher said. "But I hate the way our identity has changed. We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us. I hate to say it, but that's the truth."