News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,926 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #1110 on: November 30, 2009, 09:58:33 AM »
Quote from: Eli on November 30, 2009, 09:49:22 AM
Brian Urlacher, pining for Kyle Orton.

Quote"Look, I love Jay, and I understand he's a great player who can take us a long way, and I still have faith in him," Urlacher said. "But I hate the way our identity has changed. We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us. I hate to say it, but that's the truth."

As much as it pains my anus to say it, Urlacher is right. Orton is a winner, as evidenced by all of his postseason success at both the college and pro levels.

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1111 on: November 30, 2009, 10:09:42 AM »

Quote"Look, I love Jay, and I understand he's a great player who can take us a long way, and I still have faith in him," Urlacher said. "But I hate the way our identity has changed. We used to establish the run and wear teams down and try not to make mistakes, and we'd rely on our defense to keep us in the game and make big plays to put us in position to win. Kyle Orton might not be the flashiest quarterback, but the guy is a winner, and that formula worked for us. I hate to say it, but that's the truth."

Almost sounds like someone who's hoping--or knows--he's going to be thrown overboard with Lovie.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1112 on: November 30, 2009, 10:17:27 AM »

Ah, but then:

Quote• When Cutler threw a gorgeous touchdown pass to wideout Johnny Knox(notes) in the corner of the end zone to tie the score at 7, Urlacher was both excited and impressed. "You see him do [expletive] like that, and you're like, 'That's unreal,' " Urlacher said. "I mean, there might be five guys in the league who can make that throw; it couldn't have been anywhere else. It was [expletive] sweet." He called Knox "one of my favorite rookies of all time. He's sensational; he just goes out there and plays. Even in training camp he didn't talk a lot. He played football and won our respect."

Quote• Immediately after the Bears went down 36-10 in the fourth quarter, second-year Chicago halfback Matt Forte(notes) (eight carries, 27 yards) took a handoff to his left and was stopped after a two-yard gain. "Now we're gonna run that [expletive]!" Urlacher said sarcastically. Earlier, discussing a screen pass to Forte that was stuffed, Urlacher had said, "You know why that doesn't work? We don't make anyone [expletive] miss. I guess I just don't realize what great tacklers these [opposing defenders] are. They're amazing."

So... the defense can't stop anyone, and Urlacher thinks Cutler is one of only 5 guys who can make the type of throw that Knox caught for the only TD of the game, and Forte can't make anyone miss and the backup is a guy off the practice squad, but the Bears' identity should be defense and run, no pass.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1113 on: November 30, 2009, 10:20:31 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 30, 2009, 10:17:27 AM

So... the defense can't stop anyone, and Urlacher thinks Cutler is one of only 5 guys who can make the type of throw that Knox caught for the only TD of the game, and Forte can't make anyone miss and the backup is a guy off the practice squad, but the Bears' identity should be defense and run, no pass.

HIRE THIS MAN!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1114 on: November 30, 2009, 10:32:49 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on November 30, 2009, 10:09:42 AM

Almost sounds like someone who's hoping--or knows--he's going to be thrown overboard with Lovie dumber than paint.

The guy's a mongoloid'd. His brain doesn't function at a level high enough to worry about much other than who he's going to wienerslam next or what's for lunch.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1115 on: November 30, 2009, 11:09:37 AM »
Brian Urclaher is a big, dumb animal, folks.  Why anyone cares what this ape in street clothes has to say with how the team's offense is run is Reason #187 why I hate everybody ever.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1116 on: November 30, 2009, 11:39:48 AM »
So did Urlacher manage to knock up Michael Silver, too?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1117 on: November 30, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »
Quote from: MAD on November 30, 2009, 11:09:37 AM
Brian Urclaher is a big, dumb animal, folks.  Why anyone cares what this ape in street clothes has to say with how the team's offense is run is Reason #187 why I hate everybody ever.

This, except for the fact that he is a big, dumb animal, and something named Michael Silver thinks I care what he thinks, and Urlacher doesn't know he's a big, dumb animal.

Of the 3 linebackers to start in the opener, the third got hurt yesterday. He's also the best one.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1118 on: November 30, 2009, 12:27:07 PM »
I think the best thing for Brian and the rest us is for Brian to go back to his media boycott.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1119 on: November 30, 2009, 06:07:00 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 30, 2009, 11:53:01 AM
Quote from: MAD on November 30, 2009, 11:09:37 AM

This, except for the fact that he is a big, dumb animal, and something named Michael Silver thinks I care what he thinks, and Urlacher doesn't know he's a big, dumb animal.

Of the 3 linebackers to start in the opener, the third got hurt yesterday. He's also the best one player on the team

Guh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1120 on: November 30, 2009, 06:40:10 PM »
If they made better use of the running game, play action would be even more effective.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Reuschels_Jowls

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #1121 on: December 01, 2009, 12:00:42 AM »
Quote from: Fork on November 30, 2009, 06:40:10 PM
If they made better use of the running game, play action would be even more effective.

Screw that. More bubble screens!

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1123 on: December 02, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »
Quote from: R-V on December 02, 2009, 04:32:03 PM
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/2009/cover-1-whats-wrong-jay-cutler

So, who's bigger? Your franchise quarterback or the head coach who took you to the Super Bowl? To me, that might be the biggest underlying question here. Obviously, the personnel is bad (worst O-line and all), but I think it's pretty clear that the type of team that Lovie wants is not the type of team that suits Jay Cutler. So, even though this isn't something new, it is pretty clear it's time for Lovie to go.. To be clear, a couple weeks ago when the Fire Lovie wagon got going, I was reluctant to get on because that "FYRE _____" wagon is usually shitty, however, I'm all for it now.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1124 on: December 03, 2009, 01:12:46 PM »
Well, that took longer than I thought.

http://tradejaycutler.com/