News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 202,923 )

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #1335 on: January 07, 2010, 10:44:00 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 07, 2010, 08:40:21 AM
Quote from: SKO on January 06, 2010, 08:03:28 PM
except for Weis' offense, which was completely overhauled into the closest thing the NFL has to a pure spread offense and became the most prolific offense in NFL history without him after they added Randy Moss and Wes Welker

Someone to throw to'd.

Not saying you're entirely wrong, but I don't think you can completely discredit a guy who was the offensive coordinator for three Super Bowl winners.  He's a terrible head coach for a lot of reasons, but I think he knows how to run an offense pretty well.

After re-reading this, it has all of the factual backing of a Fork argument, but I'm going to post it anyway.

I still think that Weis is actually a good quarterbacks coach, which would certainly make him a big, fat part of the offensive success.  How he's a good quarterbacks coach, I have no idea.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1336 on: January 07, 2010, 10:50:03 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on January 07, 2010, 10:44:00 AM
How he's a good quarterbacks coach, I have no idea.

Volume! [/fork]

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1337 on: January 07, 2010, 03:08:40 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 07, 2010, 08:28:33 AM
Not sure how accurate it is, but que SKO ANGER

QuoteMike Martz will be the new offensive coordinator for the Chicago Bears. 

Andy Maisonneuve, Bears beat reporter for the "Bearly legal Show" on 670TheScore.com , has confirmed with an inside source in the Bears organization that Martz is getting the job.

"He has not signed the dotted line yet, however my sources tell me it's a done deal" states Maisonneuve.

Since its not on Profootballtalk, and since Phillips denied it, I'll breathe a sigh of relief for the moment. But if they hire Mike Martz, I promise you all the greatest rant in the history of rants. Rants about Mike Martz being the Bears offensive coordinator, that is.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1338 on: January 07, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 07, 2010, 03:08:40 PM

Andy Maisonneuve, Bears beat reporter for the "Bearly legal Show" on 670TheScore.com , has confirmed with an inside source in the Bears organization that Martz is getting the job.

"He has not signed the dotted line yet, however my sources tell me it's a done deal" states Maisonneuve.

Since its not on Profootballtalk, and since Phillips denied it, I'll breathe a sigh of relief for the moment. But if they hire Mike Martz, I promise you all the greatest rant in the history of rants. Rants about Mike Martz being the Bears offensive coordinator, that is.

Well now what? I don't like the idea of Martz being the offensive coordinator, but then there is the prospect of this rant.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1339 on: January 07, 2010, 03:26:35 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on January 07, 2010, 03:15:53 PM

Well now what? I don't like the idea of Martz being the offensive coordinator, but then there is the prospect of this rant.

Mike Martz's offense combined with Lovie Smith's Tampa 2 defense?  I'm for it.  It's about time the Bears dragged their philosophy into the late 90's.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1340 on: January 07, 2010, 04:52:05 PM »
Mike Martz is awesome. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1341 on: January 09, 2010, 09:32:42 AM »

The Bears have fast WR's and a gun slinging QB.  That worked well for Martz before.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1342 on: January 09, 2010, 09:51:43 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on January 09, 2010, 09:32:42 AM

The Bears have fast WR's and a gun slinging QB.  That worked well for Martz before.

The T formation worked well before too. Or did you forget?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1343 on: January 09, 2010, 10:22:11 AM »
Quote from: Tony on January 09, 2010, 09:51:43 AM

Never.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1344 on: January 09, 2010, 11:49:23 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on January 09, 2010, 10:22:11 AM

Never.

I'll never forget the way they thrilled the nation with it.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1345 on: January 10, 2010, 01:35:35 PM »

Fast WR's and a gun slinging QB and a great offensive line are working in Minnesota. 
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1346 on: January 10, 2010, 01:39:14 PM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on January 10, 2010, 01:35:35 PM

Fast WR's and a gun slinging QB and a great offensive line are working in Minnesota. 

You're confusing fast with good.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1347 on: January 10, 2010, 02:02:37 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on January 10, 2010, 01:39:14 PM

Andy Maisonneuve, Bears beat reporter for the “Bearly legal Show” on 670TheScore.com , has confirmed with an inside source in the Bears organization that Martz is getting the job.

“He has not signed the dotted line yet, however my sources tell me it’s a done deal” states Maisonneuve.

No Martz is a genius. His idea of having fast players is way smarter than all the other coaches who prefer slow players.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1348 on: January 10, 2010, 04:16:58 PM »
Quote from: Tony on January 10, 2010, 02:02:37 PM
Quote from: Slack-E on January 10, 2010, 01:39:14 PM

No Martz is a genius. His idea of having fast players is way smarter than all the other coaches who prefer slow players.

He and AngeLove are made for one another. How could this not come true?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1349 on: January 10, 2010, 06:57:46 PM »
I have no doubt that his speed based offense will thrive on the worst field in the league.