News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Desipio Rooftop game  ( 112,757 )

Slaky+

• An Original SSM Founding Father
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Desipio Rooftop game
« Reply #150 on: April 02, 2008, 10:51:56 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on April 02, 2008, 10:44:14 AM

Beyond The Ivy is around $165/head.

Brixen Ivy is around $150/head.

Anyone been to either?

At one point or another I think I've been to all of them. Asking me to remember them is just a waste of time. Like this post.

Carry on.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2008, 10:52:42 AM »

Anyone been to either?

I've been to Brixen Ivy.  The assholes didn't even let us into the building until the top of the 2nd inning (I was screaming bloody murder).  It was the May 31st game in 2003 against the Astros that went 16 innings when they intentionally walked Patterson to get to Sosa, who finally won it with a bloop base hit over Jeff Kent.  Anyhow, my buddy and I were the only ones who stayed until the end.  I understand that they couldn't legally keep giving us booze, but they wouldn't even make us a freaking chicken sandwich.

Incidentally, that was the day I met Mrs. Kerm.

If I have a vote, I would go for inside the park, at this point.  I bet more people would go, since it'd be far cheaper, and we wouldn't have to deal with some of the douches who run the rooftops.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: April 02, 2008, 10:54:42 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on April 02, 2008, 10:52:42 AM

Anyone been to either?

I've been to Brixen Ivy.  The assholes didn't even let us into the building until the top of the 2nd inning (I was screaming bloody murder).  It was the May 31st game in 2003 against the Astros that went 16 innings when they intentionally walked Patterson to get to Sosa, who finally won it with a bloop base hit over Jeff Kent.  Anyhow, my buddy and I were the only ones who stayed until the end.  I understand that they couldn't legally keep giving us booze, but they wouldn't even make us a freaking chicken sandwich.

If I have a vote, I would go for inside the park, at this point.  I bet more people would go, since it'd be far cheaper, and we wouldn't have to deal with some of the douches who run the rooftops.

I went to Great America and ate El Famous that day. I also moved all my shit to my apartment on Patterson Ave right next to the fucking field the day after. I remember that day clear as a bell.

My first game as a Lakeview resident? The day after the corked bat vs Tampa.

Woke up on the floor and called in sick to work.

Ah, youth.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: April 02, 2008, 10:55:21 AM »

Anyone been to either?

Let's just go sit at a bar and watch it across the street?  Beers are cheaper.  THey're $6.25 now inside
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: April 02, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on April 02, 2008, 10:55:21 AM

Anyone been to either?

Let's just go sit at a bar and watch it across the street?  Beers are cheaper.  THey're $6.25 now inside

You mean like you did for the 8th, 9th, and 10th innings on Monday?  Pussy.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: April 02, 2008, 11:16:35 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on April 02, 2008, 11:02:56 AM

Anyone been to either?

Yes.

Thrillho

• Out of bed and full of beans!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: April 02, 2008, 11:30:47 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on April 02, 2008, 11:16:35 AM

Anyone been to either?

Yes.

What, were you too chilly at the ballpark in your pink Mark Prior T?
FADE IN:

EXT. COUNTRY HWY - DITCH - ESTABLISHING

BOZ
     I'm a...

We zoom in tight on BOZ'S intense fucking eyes

BOZ
           (incredulous)
     ...BANKER?!

SPFX: Something FUCKING explodes! HOLY SHIT!

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: April 02, 2008, 11:31:45 AM »

Anyone been to either?

Yes.

TDubbs I don't really know you, but you're dead to me.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: April 02, 2008, 11:33:43 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on April 02, 2008, 11:31:45 AM

Mike D, I find your avatar offensive.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: April 02, 2008, 11:34:00 AM »
Also, was at my cousin's baby's baptism when Kermy met Sally.  Cold as shit in the shade.

I also believe that game was one of the two instances thats season that Corey Patterson was IBB'ed in front of Sosa.  Imagine that.

Both times, Sosa failed to answer the affront to his gladiatorness.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: April 02, 2008, 11:34:36 AM »

Anyone been to either?

Yes.

For reals?

Is it the use of the word "fourf"? 
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: April 02, 2008, 11:37:40 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on April 02, 2008, 11:34:00 AM
Also, was at my cousin's baby's baptism when Kermy met Sally.  Cold as shit in the shade.

I also believe that game was one of the two instances thats season that Corey Patterson was IBB'ed in front of Sosa.  Imagine that.

Really?  I thought I remember being in shorts and a t-shirt.  But I've been wrong before.  Ask Mrs. Kerm.

Slaky+

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: April 02, 2008, 11:40:45 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on April 02, 2008, 11:37:40 AM
Quote from: Mike D on April 02, 2008, 11:34:00 AM
Also, was at my cousin's baby's baptism when Kermy met Sally.  Cold as shit in the shade.

I also believe that game was one of the two instances thats season that Corey Patterson was IBB'ed in front of Sosa.  Imagine that.

Really?  I thought I remember being in shorts and a t-shirt.  But I've been wrong before.  Ask Mrs. Kerm.

Someone underdressed for a Cubs game? NEVER!

Seriously, it was not warm in the shade at all that day.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: April 02, 2008, 11:43:22 AM »

Anyone been to either?

Yes.

We were sick of getting rained on.  It wasn't our proudest moment. 
But I'm dead to a lot of people, including my parents, so get in line.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: April 02, 2008, 11:52:45 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on April 02, 2008, 11:34:36 AM

Anyone been to either?

Yes.

For reals?

Is it the use of the word "fourf"? 

I botched the delivery here.  I was replying to BH.

Now I feel like such a Santo.  Oh how humiliating.
FIRE EVERYBODY!