News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Mark Prior - Someone else's problem  ( 59,488 )

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Mark Prior - Someone else's problem
« Reply #60 on: May 17, 2008, 01:57:27 PM »
Dr. James Andrews has determined that Prior's shoulder is not even close to handling a throwing program, and according to Rick Wilton's Baseball Injury Report, "there are whispers on the west coast he may not be back until very late in the year, if at all, in 2008."

Fuck that guy.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: May 17, 2008, 07:47:25 PM »
Quote from: CT II on May 17, 2008, 10:49:44 AM
Quote from: RV on May 17, 2008, 10:18:12 AM
Muhahahaha...

QuoteMark Prior will not resume his rehabilitation from last year's shoulder surgery for at least two weeks and possibly longer.

Prior learned that he has a tear in the capsule of his surgically repaired right shoulder during a consultation Friday in Birmingham, Ala., with orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews.

"He'll be re-evalutated in two weeks," said Prior's agent, John Boggs. "... Obviously, you would have to characterize this as a setback."

I probably the only one who saw it, but I can't help be reminded of the Tom Hanks, Shelley Long classic, "The Money Pit".

Don't feel bad.  I once watched "Hello Again", which also seems to be an apt title for Prior and Andrews.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #63 on: May 19, 2008, 05:56:46 PM »
Quote from: Mike D on May 17, 2008, 07:47:25 PM
Quote from: CT II on May 17, 2008, 10:49:44 AM
Quote from: RV on May 17, 2008, 10:18:12 AM
Muhahahaha...

QuoteMark Prior will not resume his rehabilitation from last year's shoulder surgery for at least two weeks and possibly longer.

Prior learned that he has a tear in the capsule of his surgically repaired right shoulder during a consultation Friday in Birmingham, Ala., with orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews.

"He'll be re-evalutated in two weeks," said Prior's agent, John Boggs. "... Obviously, you would have to characterize this as a setback."

I probably the only one who saw it, but I can't help be reminded of the Tom Hanks, Shelley Long classic, "The Money Pit".

Don't feel bad.  I once watched "Hello Again", which also seems to be an apt title for Prior and Andrews.

I saw that when it debuted on HBO. I remember falling asleep and waking up and it was over. My mother and aunt had watched in its entirety and declared it an unsightly steaming pile of crap. If I'm right it pretty much torpedoed Long's post-Cheers career. She was so certain that she was too big for that show that she left it all behind. Kelsey Grammar knew to milk that baby for all it was worth, didn't he? Frazier re-runs = Steak in ball form.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2008, 03:13:32 PM »
http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080601&content_id=2813827&vkey=news_sd&fext=.jsp&c_id=sd

QuoteSAN FRANCISCO -- Padres manager Bud Black said on Sunday that pitcher Mark Prior will have season-ending surgery on his right shoulder this week.

Prior, attempting to come back from major shoulder surgery in April 2007, will have the anterior capsule of his right shoulder repaired by team physicians in San Diego.

Earlier this month, Prior learned that he had a tear in the capsule of his shoulder when he visited orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who performed the original surgery on Prior's shoulder on April 24, 2007.

After that diagnosis, Prior was told not to pick up a baseball for two weeks. At the end of those two weeks, he would be re-evaluated.

Prior signed a one-year deal with San Diego on Dec. 26 for $1 million with incentives that could have reached $3 million.

"For Mark, I can't imagine how frustrated he is," Black said.

Looks like Mark just bought the doctor a new house.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2008, 03:45:25 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on June 01, 2008, 03:13:32 PM
http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080601&content_id=2813827&vkey=news_sd&fext=.jsp&c_id=sd

QuoteSAN FRANCISCO -- Padres manager Bud Black said on Sunday that pitcher Mark Prior will have season-ending surgery on his right shoulder this week.

Prior, attempting to come back from major shoulder surgery in April 2007, will have the anterior capsule of his right shoulder repaired by team physicians in San Diego.

Earlier this month, Prior learned that he had a tear in the capsule of his shoulder when he visited orthopedic surgeon Dr. James Andrews, who performed the original surgery on Prior's shoulder on April 24, 2007.

After that diagnosis, Prior was told not to pick up a baseball for two weeks. At the end of those two weeks, he would be re-evaluated.

Prior signed a one-year deal with San Diego on Dec. 26 for $1 million with incentives that could have reached $3 million.

Not this time... Prior is using his "have 12 surgeries, get the 13th free" card.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: June 01, 2008, 05:22:38 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on June 01, 2008, 03:45:25 PM
Quote from: Weebs on June 01, 2008, 03:13:32 PM

Not this time... Prior is using his "have 12 surgeries, get the 13th free" card.
Good thing he remembered to get his card punched last time.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2008, 05:36:03 PM »

I'd take a million bucks to be that frustrated.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: June 01, 2008, 06:06:30 PM »
Fork (PTanner) had season-ending shoulder surgery two days ago. Nobody's giving him a million bucks for it as far as I know. One of his less-lucrative post-surgical bonuses is that he gets to eat hamburgers with me on Tuesday afternoon. Yay? 
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: June 01, 2008, 08:15:38 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on June 01, 2008, 06:06:30 PM
Fork (PTanner) had season-ending shoulder surgery two days ago. Nobody's giving him a million bucks for it as far as I know. One of his less-lucrative post-surgical bonuses is that he gets to eat hamburgers with me on Tuesday afternoon. Yay? 

Those hamburgers better have a boatload of base hits in them.  And then you better get a bunch of base hits on Tuesday night.  So, yeah.

Andre Dawson's Creek

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2008, 07:40:45 AM »

Rehab for a bum shoulder is eating burgers?  Sign me up.
Alright ,uh, later dudes, S you in your A's, dont wear a C, and J all over your B's.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2008, 09:06:59 AM »
Quote from: Andre Dawson's Creek on June 02, 2008, 07:40:45 AM

Rehab for a bum shoulder is eating burgers?  Sign me up.

It's all about getting protein without any ghey stuff, Ogden.

BTW, typing with only one hand sucks.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2008, 09:13:32 AM »
That's what the Kleenex is for, Octamaroon.

Seriously, did you hurt your hand?  I broke mine about two and a half weeks ago.  It was my right hand, and it sucks to type with a cast.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2008, 09:20:37 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 02, 2008, 09:13:32 AM

Seriously, did you hurt your hand?  I broke mine about two and a half weeks ago.  It was my right hand, and it sucks to type with a cast.

Tore the tendon that attaches the biceps muscle to the left shoulder. Had it scoped on Friday. Since my Dr. doesn't know either Prior or Martin Havlat, I'm pretty much golden at this point.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2008, 09:23:27 AM »
Quote from: PTanner on June 02, 2008, 09:20:37 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on June 02, 2008, 09:13:32 AM

Tore the tendon that attaches the biceps muscle to the left shoulder. Had it scoped on Friday. Since my Dr. doesn't know either Prior or Martin Havlat, I'm pretty much golden at this point.

There is a guy in Alabama who has tons of experience looking at torn tendons.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.