News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,713 )

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2010, 01:21:26 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 13, 2010, 12:46:34 PM
They had a shot of the field at Wrigley and the goal posts at the right field end of the field are mounted on the right field wall. The back line of the end zone is right up against the wall.

No deep posts at that end of the field next week.

I'm surprised they were able to fit the field at all. Didn't the football field go right up to the wall before they added the new seats?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2010, 01:30:36 PM »
Quote from: Tony on November 13, 2010, 01:21:26 PM
They had a shot of the field at Wrigley and the goal posts at the right field end of the field are mounted on the right field wall. The back line of the end zone is right up against the wall.

I'm surprised they were able to fit the field at all. Didn't the football field go right up to the wall before they added the new seats?

Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2010, 01:50:29 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on November 13, 2010, 01:30:36 PM

Which is the opposite direction from the way the field is running next week.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2010, 02:09:52 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 13, 2010, 01:50:29 PM

Which is the opposite direction from the way the field is running next week.

[shakes fist in direction of Ricketts family]
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2010, 02:35:25 PM »

Both endlines at the back of each endzone look a little ummm, sketchy, let alone Arena football-like in the walls' proximities.

Still better than Chicago Stadium 1932, which was even less regulation.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #155 on: November 14, 2010, 12:46:54 AM »

That's awesome.  I can barely make out BC.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2010, 03:37:13 PM »
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/11/snug-spots-unavoidable.html

QuoteA spot near the southwest corner of the field is about 6 feet from a padded brick wall.

Cubs president Crane Kenney called that a "pinch point" and said the team could not bulldoze it down to create more space.

"The brick wall is a landmarked feature," he said, "so that's not coming down."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2010, 03:44:46 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on November 15, 2010, 03:37:13 PM
http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/11/snug-spots-unavoidable.html

QuoteA spot near the southwest corner of the field is about 6 feet from a padded brick wall.

Cubs president Crane Kenney called that a "pinch point" and said the team could not bulldoze it down to create more space.

"The brick wall is a landmarked feature," he said, "so that's not coming down."

A pox on all the Rickettses houses!

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2010, 04:08:43 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 12, 2010, 11:37:26 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 12, 2010, 11:29:12 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 12, 2010, 11:13:05 AM
You guys talking about moving the Cubs to the suburbs should be shot in the face with a ball of your own shit. Even if you're joking, I don't care.

I actually wouldn't give two shits if they tore down Wrigley. It's not like there's a history of winning baseball there or something.

I mean, they tore down Yankee Stadium, for fucks sake.

I think they should tear it down and rebuild it, leaving only the scoreboard intact. But moving it out of town is not an option. People will not travel from around the midwest or the nation at large to visit Glen or whatever the fuck. They might do it once, say, "Meh." and never ever come back. Which might not bother the white people in the northern suburbs but th team will miss that revenue and the entire brand will be shot. The Cubs would become the Brewers. I'd probably become a Sox fan.

It's win-win!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2010, 01:27:02 PM »
My God these people are so fucking stupid it's starting to hurt.

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/joe-ricketts-wrigley-field-taxpayers-against-earmarks-tom-20101115

QuoteLast week, Tom Ricketts and Co., new owners of the Cubs, went public with a request that Illinois taxpayers take one -- or really, take $300 million -- for the team.

But the message is undermined by a YouTube video from Joe Ricketts, who founded "Taxpayers Against Earmarks," a group that is urging lawmakers to control government spending.

"I think its a crime for our elected officials to borrow money today, to spend money today and push the repayment of that load out into the future, onto people who aren't even born yet," Joe Ricketts says in the video.

Oof.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2010, 01:34:10 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 16, 2010, 01:27:02 PM

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/news/metro/joe-ricketts-wrigley-field-taxpayers-against-earmarks-tom-20101115

QuoteLast week, Tom Ricketts and Co., new owners of the Cubs, went public with a request that Illinois taxpayers take one -- or really, take $300 million -- for the team.

But the message is undermined by a YouTube video from Joe Ricketts, who founded "Taxpayers Against Earmarks," a group that is urging lawmakers to control government spending.

"I think its a crime for our elected officials to borrow money today, to spend money today and push the repayment of that load out into the future, onto people who aren't even born yet," Joe Ricketts says in the video.

Oof.

DRLP.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2010, 02:31:39 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on November 16, 2010, 01:34:10 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 16, 2010, 01:27:02 PM

Oof.

DRLP.

Fuck.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2010, 05:29:32 PM »
What the hell's going on out there?
House Speaker Michael Madigan, D-Chicago, told reporters in Springfield Tuesday afternoon that the team's owners, the Ricketts family, withdrew its proposal to finance a $200 million stadium renovation with a state bond sale that would be repaid with the anticipated growth in the 12 percent amusement tax levied on tickets sold at Wrigley Field.

A spokesman for the Ricketts family denied that the family had scrapped its amusement-tax plan.

I haven't seen such bad management of this team since someone told Scott Boras "You tell your client to suck it because we signed Randy Myers, Candy Maldonado and Jose Guzman today!"

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2010, 05:53:43 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on November 16, 2010, 05:29:32 PM
What the hell's going on out there?
House Speaker Michael Madigan, D-Chicago, told reporters in Springfield Tuesday afternoon that the team's owners, the Ricketts family, withdrew its proposal to finance a $200 million stadium renovation with a state bond sale that would be repaid with the anticipated growth in the 12 percent amusement tax levied on tickets sold at Wrigley Field.

A spokesman for the Ricketts family denied that the family had scrapped its amusement-tax plan.

I haven't seen such bad management of this team since someone told Scott Boras "You tell your client to suck it because we signed Randy Myers, Candy Maldonado and Jose Guzman today!"

Don't forget Dan Plesac!

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2010, 05:58:55 AM »
DPD.

In case anyone's yet to see a visual of this:

Where's your Bronco Nagurski now?!?!