News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread  ( 144,724 )

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Joe Ricketts For Mayor
« Reply #495 on: September 21, 2012, 08:50:21 AM »
Quote from: morpheus on September 20, 2012, 08:45:45 PM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on September 20, 2012, 09:35:05 AM
So I gather this thread devolved into that whole birth control argument.

Well, why isn't anyone talking about (/670thescore) the fact that catholic charities (and employers of the like) don't actually have to buy BC for their employees nor supply a tub of condoms to them. The law that is in effect mandates that health insurance companies must cover birth control in their health care plans. Debate that, if you will. The other aspect of the law is that employers must choose a health insurance company that covers BC, so under the current law, they simply must choose any health insurance provider, since all of them cover it. So, really, they're not forced to pay for their employees' birth control. Essentially, it is no different than them paying an employee and them buying rubbers/BC.

Why is Yeti talking about buying BC?  I mean, he's got quite the broadcast voice and ability to make pictures better, but *buying* him?

Wait. Is buying and selling people a crime now?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ricketts Family Annoyance Thread
« Reply #496 on: October 12, 2012, 01:11:05 PM »
I am not a season ticket holder, but I got this today.
QuoteA Message From Tom Ricketts

As part of the Cubs' ongoing efforts to engage and communicate with their fans, Chairman Tom Ricketts wrote the following letter to Cubs Season Ticket Holders:

Dear Season Ticket Holder -

With the 2012 season having drawn to a close, it's time for all of us at the Chicago Cubs to thank you for your support and provide an update on the progress we've made toward building a championship-caliber organization. You are a vital stakeholder to this franchise and an important partner in our transformation.

Despite this year's results in the standings, we are confident the Chicago Cubs are heading in the right direction. Our players, coaches, management and front office have approached their jobs with professionalism, effort and unity, which has created a winning atmosphere inside the organization. It's our responsibility to turn that effort into additional wins on the field. Our number one goal is to reward loyal generations of Cubs fans with a World Series and we're reinvesting every dollar spent by our fans into the franchise to achieve that goal.

To achieve our goal, it was clear the team needed a long-term strategy. Over the past year, we recruited new baseball leadership to create and execute a plan for building a consistently-competitive ballclub. We now have a long-term strategy in place and a baseball organization focused on delivering a championship to Wrigley Field. That team is communicating openly and honestly about implementing a proven model for sustained success.

As part of that strategy, we are developing a core of young players at the major league level. This season provided an opportunity for homegrown and acquired players to gain valuable experience and establish themselves as potential long-term contributors to the club.

Our minor league system improved in 2012, as the Cubs acquired, drafted or signed a significant wave of new talent into the organization. We welcomed a strong 2012 first-year player draft class into the system, building on a franchise-record investment in draft signings in 2011. Many of these players made immediate positive contributions. In fact, five Cubs prospects were included in MLB's recently-released Top 100 Prospects list; a total topped by only three other teams in the league. A number of our newly-acquired players excelled in both the minor and major leagues and look to contribute further in 2013 and beyond.

We've welcomed new talent in the front office as well. Perhaps no operation bears more responsibility for advancing our organizational plan than scouting and player development. After a season of evaluation, our scouting and development teams have been reorganized to procure and develop the best amateur, professional and international talent available. Our scouts and coaches have been equipped with state-of-the-art analysis tools and equipment to enhance the club's analytical capabilities.

In addition to personnel investments, we've made significant upgrades to our facilities. We are currently building a new baseball academy to serve our Latin American players in the Dominican Republic. The facility, open year-round, will span 50 acres with baseball fields, training facilities, player housing and an education center, making it the largest academy in the country. Additionally, we broke ground this season on a new Spring Training facility in Mesa, Ariz., that will be one of the premier training facilities in baseball, as well as a more enjoyable venue for watching a Spring Training game. We continue to make improvements to Wrigley Field's facilities for our players and fans, with larger scale investments coming down the road. All of these improvements will enhance your fan experience and bolster the club's ability to attract and develop elite players throughout the world.

Lastly, we continue to invest in the Chicago community to help deserving children and families. The Cubs and Chicago Cubs Charities will support a team-record $4.5 million of donations to worthwhile nonprofits and programs across Chicagoland this year. We're honored to support the people and organizations that make our city a great place to work, live and play baseball.

In the end, we are fans and our goal is to win. We're committed to building an organization you can be proud of and we're committed to building a champion the right way. This franchise has embarked on a path that will present challenges along the way, but the destination is promising.

We deeply and sincerely appreciate your ongoing support.
Tom
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #497 on: October 12, 2012, 01:19:41 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 12, 2012, 01:11:05 PM

Tom's shitty letter

I guess this should be in the "Polyellon banned me" thread.

QuoteI asked for it. I got it. What is it? A letter from Cubs management, sent to season-ticket holders.

Well, well. Either this was in the works a while back, or someone in the organization read what I wrote and chairman Tom Ricketts decided to write. Here's the text of the email I just received, signed by Tom. It's exactly the right thing to do, a good public relations move, just stating the team's goals. I applaud them for doing it. (Even if I had to practically beg them to do it here.)

EDIT: DPD.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #498 on: October 12, 2012, 01:27:55 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 12, 2012, 01:19:41 PM

Tom's shitty letter

QuoteI asked for it. I got it. What is it? A letter from Cubs management, sent to season-ticket holders.

Well, well. Either this was in the works a while back, or someone in the organization read what I wrote and chairman Tom Ricketts decided to write. Here's the text of the email I just received, signed by Tom. It's exactly the right thing to do, a good public relations move, just stating the team's goals. I applaud them for doing it. (Even if I had to practically beg them to do it here.)

Please don't post this crap unless you have booby pics of Al for Penfoe.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #499 on: October 12, 2012, 01:28:41 PM »

Well, well. What a turd.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #500 on: October 12, 2012, 01:28:53 PM »

Tom's shitty letter

Christ on a buttsprayed cracker this guy is delusional.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #501 on: October 12, 2012, 01:29:02 PM »

Tom's shitty letter

What the HELL?

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #502 on: October 12, 2012, 01:34:37 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 12, 2012, 01:27:55 PM

Tom's shitty letter

Please don't post this crap unless you have booby pics of Al for Penfoe.

Well, I don't have booby pics, but I do know of an "intimate" pic.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #503 on: October 12, 2012, 01:39:21 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on October 12, 2012, 01:34:37 PM

Well, I don't have booby pics, but I do know of an "intimate" pic.

Is this face of a lover of beastiality? I'm not saying it is, but you gotta ask the question.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #504 on: October 12, 2012, 01:39:27 PM »
http://www.bleedcubbieblue.com/2012/10/11/3490904/tom-ricketts-season-ticket-holder-letter-cubs#120961905

QuoteIts the least they can do for dedicated fans like yourself.

by Wrigley on Oct 11, 2012 6:00 PM CDT

Well, almost the least they could do.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #505 on: October 12, 2012, 01:57:35 PM »
I'm picturing Al imagining Tom firing up BCB with his first cup of coffee every morning and sitting there nodding while filling up pages of notes on a legal pad. Marching into Theo's office at the start of the work day, closing the door, tossing the notes on the desk, taking a seat and then the two of them spending the next several hours poring over and pondering Al's genius.

What a self important fuckhead.

"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #506 on: October 12, 2012, 05:04:49 PM »
Well yes, Tom Ricketts says that the Cubs will

take us all to Dairy Queen
finish first, not last or anywhere in between
be winning like Charlie Sheen
enjoy the same result as the team coached by Tom Crean
from all those losing days wean
be the greatest you've ever seen
win half the Championships as Olajuwon, Hakeem

Be a mean, lean World Series winning machine in 2013!

Just read the letter...

QuoteA bunch of stuff thanking you for buying your tickets...

A bunch of stuff saying basically this.

Hmm, here's some good stuff.

QuoteOur number one goal is to reward loyal generations of Cubs fans with a World Series and we're reinvesting every dollar spent by our fans into the franchise to achieve that goal.

Right on! Buy your World Series tickets now, bitchez! Wait, there's more?

QuoteTo achieve our goal, it was clear the team needed a long-term strategy. Over the past year, we recruited new baseball leadership to create and execute a plan for building a consistently-competitive ballclub. We now have a long-term strategy in place and a baseball organization focused on delivering a championship to Wrigley Field. That team is communicating openly and honestly about implementing a proven model for sustained success.

As part of that strategy, we are developing a core of young players at the major league level. This season provided an opportunity for homegrown and acquired players to gain valuable experience and establish themselves as potential long-term contributors to the club.

Hmm, long-term? Does that mean a bunch of 2-year contracts to the likes of Shane Victorino?

QuoteA bunch of stuff on the minor league system.

Well, we're waiting. Can't wait to hear the Ricketts has announced that they have traded Ian Stewart and Luis Valbuena and the rights to pay Alfonso Soriano's salary to Detroit for Fielder, Cabrera, Verlander and Austin Jackson pending the completion of the playoffs.

QuoteA number of our newly-acquired players excelled in both the minor and major leagues and look to contribute further in 2013 and beyond.

Beyond? That can't be a hedge for "if we suck next year, don't worry, Castro and RIzzo are going to be here awhile?

QuoteWe've welcomed new talent in the front office as well. Perhaps no operation bears more responsibility for advancing our organizational plan than scouting and player development.

Player development? That's like recruiting top free agents for a win-now team, right?

QuoteA bunch of stuff on the facilities in the D.R., Ariz., and Lakeview as well as a bunch of charitable endeavors.

Hmm, maybe they're investing in quieter speakers!

QuoteIn the end, we are fans and our goal is to win.

That's right, bitches! Should I stop reading??

QuoteWe're committed to building an organization you can be proud of and we're committed to building a champion the right way.

Well, anyone knows that the "right way" is code for "getting it" which is code for "listening to Al."

QuoteThis franchise has embarked on a path that will present challenges along the way, but the destination is promising.

Challenges along the way? embarked? Oh shit, he basically said what Theo just said.

Can someone make a picture of a sadfaced Apex next to Al and something big?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #507 on: October 12, 2012, 07:07:50 PM »
You forgot Kevin Youkilis.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #508 on: January 18, 2013, 02:50:42 PM »
The Rickettses are building a hotel on the McDonald's lot.  Should be a nice, reasonably-priced place to unwind after celebrating World Series titles.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #509 on: January 18, 2013, 02:56:44 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on January 18, 2013, 02:50:42 PM
The Rickettses are building a hotel on the McDonald's lot.  Should be a nice, reasonably-priced place to unwind after celebrating World Series titles.

Are you suggesting the types celebrating World Series titles while in Chicago would need a hotel because they're not local? I'm indignant!