News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 121,336 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #375 on: May 27, 2015, 12:42:33 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on May 27, 2015, 11:32:56 AM
Quote from: SKO on May 27, 2015, 11:12:19 AM
Quote from: Tonker on May 27, 2015, 10:52:56 AM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 27, 2015, 10:43:27 AM
I'll take Samardzija back on a good deal in a heartbeat.  

Me too - slot him at number 3 behind Lester and Arrieta.  Lovely job.

I'm not quite sure what he's done to upset Internet Chuck so badly.

I think, and lord knows I hate to travel down the Chuckian Path too far, the reasons I've seen for hating Snork are as listed:

1)Notre Dame

2)He seemed rather upset with all of the losing and was hesitant to sign an extension, so I guess we hate him like we hate all of the other people too short-sighted to see the plan, even though in the long run we may end up with him back on the team whilst pitching in front of Addison Russell as a reward for him not signing that extension.

3)Some people never quite bought into him being good because of how shitty he was for those first few years?

4)Some people hate the Cubs fans who bitched and moaned about trading him so much that they now hope Snork sucks so as to have a reason to point and say "see!" to those Cubs fans.

5)He's now a White Sox player and thus a "trader" as our friends in Missourah would say.

I don't know specifically which of these reasons applies to Chuck, probably a combination of several. All of them are fairly stupid, though.

None of them are stupid.

For once I'd like allow myself to be extra dumb enough to say that when he said he'd always been a Sox fan that made me hope he has the shittiest season ever and dies under an empty train car unloved.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: May 27, 2015, 12:50:31 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 27, 2015, 12:42:33 PM

I think, and lord knows I hate to travel down the Chuckian Path too far, the reasons I've seen for hating Snork are as listed:

1)Notre Dame

2)He seemed rather upset with all of the losing and was hesitant to sign an extension, so I guess we hate him like we hate all of the other people too short-sighted to see the plan, even though in the long run we may end up with him back on the team whilst pitching in front of Addison Russell as a reward for him not signing that extension.

3)Some people never quite bought into him being good because of how shitty he was for those first few years?

4)Some people hate the Cubs fans who bitched and moaned about trading him so much that they now hope Snork sucks so as to have a reason to point and say "see!" to those Cubs fans.

5)He's now a White Sox player and thus a "trader" as our friends in Missourah would say.

I don't know specifically which of these reasons applies to Chuck, probably a combination of several. All of them are fairly stupid, though.

None of them are stupid.

For once I'd like allow myself to be extra dumb enough to say that when he said he'd always been a Sox fan that made me hope he has the shittiest season ever and dies under an empty train car unloved.

I somehow missed him saying that. The hate is more reasonable in these circumstances, yes.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: May 27, 2015, 01:06:39 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 27, 2015, 12:50:31 PM

1)Notre Dame

None of them are stupid.

I somehow missed him saying that. The hate is more reasonable in these circumstances, yes.

And I don't see why he'd come back here on a "good" contract when he wasn't willing to sign a team-friendly deal to begin with. As Snork-like as he's been so far, I still think somebody somewhere is going to throw dumber money than the Cubs will want to pay.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: May 27, 2015, 01:07:42 PM »

1)Notre Dame

None of them are stupid.

I always thought that was well known. It's pretty typical to grow up a Sox fan in Paul country.

I feel like there's a section of the fanbase that likes him too much. Similar to the love for Dempster. And that bugs me, so I don't like him anymore.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: May 27, 2015, 01:31:39 PM »
Quote from: Tony on May 27, 2015, 01:07:42 PM

1)Notre Dame

None of them are stupid.

I always thought that was well known. It's pretty typical to grow up a Sox fan in Paul country.

I feel like there's a section of the fanbase that likes him too much. Similar to the love for Dempster. And that bugs me, so I don't like him anymore.

I find this totally reasonable and it's the kind of hate we should promote around here.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: May 27, 2015, 01:39:41 PM »

1)Notre Dame

None of them are stupid.

Honestly, if he'll come in and throw 200 innings of 3.50 ERA ball, I don't care if he's the love child of Dempster and Hawk Harrelson, he's welcome on the Cubs as far as I'm concerned.  Peck's right, though: he'll be worth more to somebody else than he is to Epstink and Hoyer.  His loss: whomever he signs for, he's going to spend the rest of his career getting his arse kicked by Rizzo, Bryant and Soler.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: May 27, 2015, 01:45:18 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 27, 2015, 01:39:41 PM

1)Notre Dame

None of them are stupid.

Honestly, if he'll come in and throw 200 innings of 3.50 ERA ball, I don't care if he's the love child of Dempster and Hawk Harrelson, he's welcome on the Cubs as far as I'm concerned.  Peck's right, though: he'll be worth more to somebody else than he is to Epstink and Hoyer.  His loss: whomever he signs for, he's going to spend the rest of his career getting his arse kicked by Rizzo, Bryant and Soler.

Way to snub Addison Russell, Tonk.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: May 27, 2015, 01:46:31 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 27, 2015, 01:45:18 PM

1)Notre Dame

None of them are stupid.

Tonk just figures Russell will die of a heart attack before then because he's too fat.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: May 27, 2015, 01:46:49 PM »

1)Notre Dame

None of them are stupid.

He was next on my list and I did consider including him, but, you know... rule of threes, and all that.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: May 27, 2015, 01:47:50 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 27, 2015, 01:46:31 PM

1)Notre Dame

None of them are stupid.

Tonk just figures Russell will die of a heart attack before then because he's too fat.

Russell's no Baez.  Having said that, it wouldn't kill him to eat a fucking salad once in a while, either.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: May 27, 2015, 01:51:23 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on May 27, 2015, 01:47:50 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 27, 2015, 01:46:31 PM

1)Notre Dame

None of them are stupid.

Russell's no Baez.  Having said that, it wouldn't kill him to eat a fucking salad once in a while, either.

Russell is actually the same height and 10 lbs heavier than Baez, per their B-R pages.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: May 27, 2015, 04:22:56 PM »
I will never unlock the FIREBARN and let Snork out. Shame on any of you that can't see that hating him is sweet and pure and perfect and holy.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: June 11, 2015, 09:56:17 AM »
Tom Fornelli was tweeting about how this year's Sox are on pace for the lowest team OPS (.654) since they had a team OPS of .595 in 1968.

Looking at some of the individual numbers I didn't realize just how anemic they were offensively. It's amazing they're only 2 games under. Their pythagorean win-loss is 24-34.

They've got just 3 regulars with an OPS+ over 100 (Abreu, LaRoche, Garcia). Three of their regular starters (Tyler Flowers, Alexei Ramirez, and Melky) have OPS+ under 63. Melky alone has a .536 OPS and a 55 OPS+. Injuries have meant they've regularly had to use Emilio Bonifacio (.397 OPS, 15 OPS+) and Carlos Sanchez (.409 OPS, 19 OPS+). Woof.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: June 18, 2015, 11:27:06 AM »
I am legitimately fascinated by how bad their offense has been. They're team OPS has now dropped to .638. They're like an entire team of Jonathan Herreras.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #389 on: June 18, 2015, 12:00:23 PM »
Quote from: SKO on June 18, 2015, 11:27:06 AM
I am legitimately fascinated by how bad their offense has been. They're team OPS has now dropped to .638. They're like an entire team of Jonathan Herreras.

Incredibly, they're actually four games ahead of their X_WL: they're at 28-36 and by rights they should be closer to 24-40.  They're really, really fucking shitty.  Heh.