News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,413 )

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #780 on: May 09, 2008, 08:25:36 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 08, 2008, 11:14:15 PM
Quote from: TDubbs on May 08, 2008, 10:39:47 PM
Quote from: Weebs on May 08, 2008, 09:07:19 PM
Just got done watching tonight's episode, and I thought it was pretty good.  I'm still pretty annoyed with how many episodes take place almost exclusively outside of the office, but this was one of the better ones.  It's good to see Dwight back to acting like his normal self, and there were a lot of interesting things going on with Jim and Pam.  I still find it odd though that Ryan and corporate would be so willing to fire Jim but not Michael.  Andy's calluses from hitting over 1200 balls at the range the night before was pretty ridiculous, as was Michael's, "Look, I'd never tell this to her face, but Pam is a wonderful person and an exceptional artist."

You know this is just a TV show right?  You really need to get out more.
This show is teh steak, balls, titballs, hogans, booblies, and DongBands all rolled into one.
Andy is the funniest guy on the show.  SHORTCUT, SHORTCUT!!  I fell into the sandtrap.

Yeah I know it's a TV show, and maybe I over-analyze it a bit, but for a show that was so consistent with its characters and character development, it seems this season they've just done some really weird things with the characters.  I'm sure the writer's strike has affected it more than anything, but there's been a couple times this season when it seemed like they were about to jump the shark.

Agreed with Tdubbs here. I don't care how consistent the characters are or how realistic it is or what's going on with Jim and Pam's relationship. I just want to laugh for a half hour. This wasn't the best episode but there were some great moments.

"We're gonna ditch this bitch."

"Kiss her. Kiss her good."

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #781 on: May 09, 2008, 08:34:59 AM »
Quote from: RV on May 09, 2008, 08:25:36 AM
Agreed with Tdubbs here. I don't care how consistent the characters are or how realistic it is or what's going on with Jim and Pam's relationship. I just want to laugh for a half hour. This wasn't the best episode but there were some great moments.

I thought this episode was better than the last two.  It's good that Michael got to wear his jeans in another episode.  He gets them dry-cleaned, ya know.

Toby's gone next week.
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #782 on: May 09, 2008, 10:01:35 AM »

Yeah I know it's a TV show, and maybe I over-analyze it a bit, but for a show that was so consistent with its characters and character development, it seems this season they've just done some really weird things with the characters.  I'm sure the writer's strike has affected it more than anything, but there's been a couple times this season when it seemed like they were about to jump the shark.

I think you are right about the writer's strike. I read somewhere about how the rush to get a large number of episodes on before the end of the season really cut the turn-around time compared to the usual schedule.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #783 on: May 09, 2008, 10:22:57 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on May 09, 2008, 10:01:35 AM

I think you are right about the writer's strike. I read somewhere about how the rush to get a large number of episodes on before the end of the season really cut the turn-around time compared to the usual schedule.

I'd say that and the fact that they had to write all those one hour episodes for the start of the season really screwed things up.  The Office doesn't really work as a hour-long comedy, especially when they try and somehow pack together two half-hour episodes and make them a cohesive hour.  It worked for the few episodes they did in season 3, but I think that's because they actually wrote them as hour episodes and just split them up for syndication, as opposed to this season which seems like they did it the other way around.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #784 on: May 09, 2008, 11:06:42 AM »
Quote from: Three times a JD on May 09, 2008, 08:34:59 AM

I thought this episode was better than the last two.  It's good that Michael got to wear his jeans in another episode.  He gets them dry-cleaned, ya know.

Toby's gone next week.

I hope it's Angela or Kelly (who, now that Brian is gone, is completely worthless), but I fear it's Andy.  Toby would be a huge loss.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #785 on: May 09, 2008, 11:24:50 AM »
Brian?
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #786 on: May 09, 2008, 11:27:48 AM »
Quote from: Mike D on May 09, 2008, 11:24:50 AM
Brian?

Ah!  Ryan.  I knew it was wrong when I typed it, but couldn't figure out why.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #787 on: May 09, 2008, 11:30:48 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on May 09, 2008, 11:06:42 AM

Toby's gone next week.

I hope it's Angela or Kelly (who, now that Brian is gone, is completely worthless), but I fear it's Andy.  Toby would be a huge loss.

As long as Creed gets to stay.

"Don't you have work to do?"

"No, I finished it months ago."

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #788 on: May 09, 2008, 11:49:26 AM »
Quote from: RV on May 09, 2008, 11:30:48 AM

Toby's gone next week.

As long as Creed gets to stay.

"Don't you have work to do?"

"No, I finished it months ago."

I was dying when he said that line.  Also, Mrs. Kerm has pointed out that the actress who plays Angela is clearly pregnant, because they're doing a really clever job of hiding her.

My favorite part was Oscar's, "WHY wouldn't you tell that to Pam's face?"

Three times a JD

• College Basketball Expert
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #789 on: May 09, 2008, 11:52:15 AM »
Quote from: Kerm on May 09, 2008, 11:49:26 AM

My favorite part was Oscar's, "WHY wouldn't you tell that to Pam's face?"

That was mine, too.  Until the "kiss her...kiss her good." 
Hey, I gotta go where the Blacktion is.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #790 on: May 09, 2008, 12:29:15 PM »

Toby's gone next week.

You're saying you think Angela or Kelly are gone from the show next week?  I get the feeling Dwight will get back together with Angela, and maybe Jim will get fired or something will happen with him and Pam as far as their work life goes.  I'm pretty sure Toby is gone next week because in the clips at the end of the episode you see him packing up his things and the security guard is standing off to the side waiting for him.  It really wouldn't surprise me if he leaves.  Paul Lieberstein was supposed to just be a writer for the show, but wound up acting more in it.  That's why they had B.J. Novak (Ryan) get the job at corporate, so he could spend more time writing/producing rather than acting on the show.  I'm think the same goes for Kelly, because Mindy Kaling is an executive producer of the show if I'm not mistaken.

Kerm

• Resident Ward Lover
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #791 on: May 09, 2008, 12:40:51 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 09, 2008, 12:29:15 PM

Toby's gone next week.

You're saying you think Angela or Kelly are gone from the show next week?  I get the feeling Dwight will get back together with Angela, and maybe Jim will get fired or something will happen with him and Pam as far as their work life goes.  I'm pretty sure Toby is gone next week because in the clips at the end of the episode you see him packing up his things and the security guard is standing off to the side waiting for him.  It really wouldn't surprise me if he leaves.  Paul Lieberstein was supposed to just be a writer for the show, but wound up acting more in it.  That's why they had B.J. Novak (Ryan) get the job at corporate, so he could spend more time writing/producing rather than acting on the show.  I'm think the same goes for Kelly, because Mindy Kaling is an executive producer of the show if I'm not mistaken.

Not think.  Hope.  Damnit, I love Toby.

Taylor2

• Taylor2. Now with more sarcastic venom.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #792 on: May 09, 2008, 01:03:34 PM »
Toby does leave next week and is replaced by Holly played by Amy Ryan. I don't think anyone else is leaving. Melora Hardin (Jan) is still part of the cast and is supposed to be back at some point.

Amy Ryan

There was a rumor a few months ago that there was going to be a spin off of The Office featuring characters who were written off the show. I haven't read anything about that in a while. The strike may have affected that as well.
01/20/2013

PTanner

• Desipio Social Director
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #793 on: May 09, 2008, 01:09:55 PM »
Quote from: Taylor2 on May 09, 2008, 01:03:34 PM
Toby does leave next week and is replaced by Holly played by Amy Ryan. I don't think anyone else is leaving. Melora Hardin (Jan) is still part of the cast and is supposed to be back at some point.

Amy Ryan

There was a rumor a few months ago that there was going to be a spin off of The Office featuring characters who were written off the show. I haven't read anything about that in a while. The strike may have affected that as well.

I thought I read something recently about it, but it hasn't been cast yet.
Don't read too much into any of it. It's Rozner. He's a fucking idiot.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #794 on: May 09, 2008, 01:32:48 PM »
Considering this week's espisode is called "Goodbye, Toby", I think Toby's leaving.

NBC is making an Office spinoff, it's going to premiere after the Super Bowl and it appears it will star Ed Helms as Andy Bernard and Amanda Peet.