News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,306 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #1185 on: February 02, 2009, 12:49:26 PM »
ALSO, how bout the shout out to the British Office with the 'no arms, no legs' thing? 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1186 on: February 02, 2009, 01:20:28 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 02, 2009, 12:49:26 PM
ALSO, how bout the shout out to the British Office with the 'no arms, no legs' thing? 

I didn't catch it.  Because I live in the United States of AMERICA.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1187 on: February 02, 2009, 01:35:48 PM »
Quote from: BH on February 02, 2009, 12:27:15 PM
Quote from: CBStew on February 02, 2009, 12:24:53 PM
I was confused from the very beginning.  That wasn't a fake fire.  That was a real fire.  A waste basket fire next to a wall means that the wall is going next.  And who in hell keeps a cat in a file drawer?   

I wish Dwight's character was more realistic too.

Now that you mention it.  And get off my lawn!
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #1188 on: February 02, 2009, 02:04:20 PM »
Quote from: Mike Douche on February 02, 2009, 12:30:09 PM
Can we lock Weebs from this thread?  

How could anyone not have burst out laughing at least 4 times in this episode?  Does Weebs not pay attention to the secondary characters like Creed and Oscar, or is he like the knuckle-dragging Bears fans around this place who spend way too much time focusing on the quarterback position?  I had almost forgotten about the Pam and Jim storyline until Weebs complained about it, although I did find the idea of Jim's future father-in-law wearing his robe hysterical.

Creed made me laugh at least three times in the episode.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1189 on: February 02, 2009, 02:07:52 PM »
Quote from: butthead on February 02, 2009, 02:04:20 PM

How could anyone not have burst out laughing at least 4 times in this episode?  Does Weebs not pay attention to the secondary characters like Creed and Oscar, or is he like the knuckle-dragging Bears fans around this place who spend way too much time focusing on the quarterback position?  I had almost forgotten about the Pam and Jim storyline until Weebs complained about it, although I did find the idea of Jim's future father-in-law wearing his robe hysterical.

Didn't they focus on his crotch at one point and it looked like he was playing 'pocket pool' or something?  Maybe I was just fantasizing at that point...
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Mike Douche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1190 on: February 02, 2009, 02:11:45 PM »
Quote from: JD on February 02, 2009, 02:07:52 PM
Quote from: butthead on February 02, 2009, 02:04:20 PM

Didn't they focus on his crotch at one point and it looked like he was playing 'pocket pool' or something?  Maybe I was just fantasizing at that point...

With Creed, anything is possible. 

When he called out the straight-laced CPR girl as having been a patron at some freaky club, and her stunned reaction that followed...that was classic Creed, if you will.
FIRE EVERYBODY!

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1191 on: February 02, 2009, 02:17:59 PM »
"He doesn't have a wallet, I already checked."  -or something like that.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1192 on: February 02, 2009, 02:34:22 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on February 02, 2009, 02:17:59 PM
"He doesn't have a wallet, I already checked."  -or something like that.

Speaking of wallets, I love how Michael kept trying to cram his into Stanley's mouth.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1193 on: February 02, 2009, 03:12:30 PM »

I laughed only about 3 times. This episode was kind of entertaining. I'll admit, I have not fully gotten into this series as of yet. I have a couple of seasons on que on the SecksBox to watch.. I just haven't yet. I watched a bit of the first episode and was kind of bored.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1194 on: February 02, 2009, 03:29:37 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 02, 2009, 03:12:30 PM

I laughed only about 3 times. This episode was kind of entertaining. I'll admit, I have not fully gotten into this series as of yet. I have a couple of seasons on que on the SecksBox to watch.. I just haven't yet. I watched a bit of the first episode and was kind of bored.

Not realistic enough, right?  RIGHT?!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1195 on: February 02, 2009, 04:58:53 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on February 02, 2009, 03:29:37 PM

When does a comedy have to be realistic? I think part of the appeal of comedies is that they are a little break from reality and just have fun. This one looks like it's a huge mock of office-life.

That is your Yeti inside tip to comedies for the day.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1196 on: February 02, 2009, 05:02:44 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 28, 2009, 10:52:24 AM
I just thought it was interesting that the guy is clearly a good enough actor to play a very funny role without having any concept of what funny is.  They say Steve Martin is like that.

Steve Martin, recent terrible movie sell outs aside, is brilliant.  Comparing Rainn Wilson to him would be like comparing Weebs' analytical skills
to Roger Ebert's

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1197 on: February 02, 2009, 05:17:43 PM »
Quote from: Pre on February 02, 2009, 05:02:44 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 28, 2009, 10:52:24 AM
I just thought it was interesting that the guy is clearly a good enough actor to play a very funny role without having any concept of what funny is.  They say Steve Martin is like that.

Steve Martin, recent terrible movie sell outs aside, is brilliant.  Comparing Rainn Wilson to him would be like comparing Weebs' analytical skills
to Roger Ebert's

Eh.  Some of his old album stuff is funny, but I don't think he's the RIGHT comic.  I think he's a pretty good actor, though.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1198 on: February 02, 2009, 05:51:49 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 02, 2009, 04:58:53 PM

When does a comedy have to be realistic? I think part of the appeal of comedies is that they are a little break from reality and just have fun. This one looks like it's a huge mock of office-life.

I'm not sure I ever said the problem with The Office is that it isn't realistic (and if I did, my mistake), but rather that the characters aren't believable anymore, even though Dwight specifically was pretty over-the-top to begin with.  I'm all for character development, but once season 4 hit, they turned really interesting, relatable characters into completely ridiculous exaggerations.  Andy, while still hilarious, is nowhere near the same character he was in season 3, even after anger management.  I still think it has some very funny moments every week, but it's not the same show it was in seasons 1-3.

And I think that will be my last contribution to this thread.  You're welcome.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1199 on: February 02, 2009, 05:52:12 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on February 02, 2009, 04:58:53 PM

Perfect.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.