News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,439 )

Blee

• YAAAAAAAANKEE SWAP
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2006, 09:15:16 PM »
Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant are already done with the episode they're supposed to be writing for next season, and Gervais says it's his favorite sitcom at the moment...as well it should be.

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-rickygervaisoffice,0,3218405.story?coll=zap-news-headlines

There's the link.
Different frogs, different times.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2006, 05:20:27 AM »
I was determined not to like this, but despite myself I have now... erm... "borrowed" every episode right up-to-date.  It's different from the UK version, and perhaps not quite as challenging but it is much more likeable.  Michael Scott is not just quite so much of an arsehole as David Brent; Dwight is an utter tool but has moments where you're far more sympathetic to him than you ever are to Gareth;  Jim is a lot more in control and heroic as a person than Tim, who's actually a bit of a loser; and so on.

Despite all that, it's very watchable and there are moments of real quality in there.  I do miss the truly horrible scenes of the original, sometimes - there were episodes which were so embarrassing that I had to have my arse cheeks surgically unclenched after watching - but I'm enjoying it very much.  Good work Yank fellas!!  Now alll they have to do is work out when to pull the plug...
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2006, 09:34:16 PM »
Thank God the Olympics are over.

Tonight's was certainly not the best episode, but, as per usual, it had its moments.  More than once I found myself physically turning my head away from the TV screen it was so painful to watch; mostly during Michael's ridiculous speech. 

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2006, 09:48:30 PM »
I was waiting impatiently for Dwight's speech to bomb, but it was funnier that it actually went over well, making Michael's sound effects even more ridiculous.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2006, 10:03:02 PM »
Saleswomen have vaginas.

JL

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2006, 10:21:59 PM »
"I captivated the guy who captivated a thousand guys."

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2006, 08:39:37 AM »
"I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't see that you had a hearing aid.  I just thought you had a weird speech...uh..."

An underrated moment was when Pam and Kelly and Ryan were in the break room talking about Pam's wedding when Kelly said: "I can't wait to get married." Then turns to a horrified Ryan and says, "How old do you think you'll be when you get married, Ryan?"

Ryan says, "Really, I don't think I'll ever get married.  Nope."

Kelly bolts out of the room and Pam tells Ryan he should be careful what he says around Kelly because she really likes him.  Ryan stares straight ahead and says, "I know what I said."

You had to love Michael's use of "Good Morning Vietnam!" just hours after Dwight had bombed at it during "toast practice."

Michael: "What's the difference between saleswomen and salesmen?"
Dwight: "A vagina."
Michael: "No, that's...that's science.  It's a joke.  What's the difference between saleswomen and salesmen?"
Dwight: "I don't know.  What is it?"
Michael: "Boobs."

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2006, 11:08:58 AM »
Quote from: Andy on March 03, 2006, 08:39:37 AM
"I'm sorry ma'am, I didn't see that you had a hearing aid.  I just thought you had a weird speech...uh..."

An underrated moment was when Pam and Kelly and Ryan were in the break room talking about Pam's wedding when Kelly said: "I can't wait to get married." Then turns to a horrified Ryan and says, "How old do you think you'll be when you get married, Ryan?"

Ryan says, "Really, I don't think I'll ever get married.  Nope."

Kelly bolts out of the room and Pam tells Ryan he should be careful what he says around Kelly because she really likes him.  Ryan stares straight ahead and says, "I know what I said."

You had to love Michael's use of "Good Morning Vietnam!" just hours after Dwight had bombed at it during "toast practice."

Michael: "What's the difference between saleswomen and salesmen?"
Dwight: "A vagina."
Michael: "No, that's...that's science.  It's a joke.  What's the difference between saleswomen and salesmen?"
Dwight: "I don't know.  What is it?"
Michael: "Boobs."

Dwight:  But I was right about the vagina, wasn't I?
Michael:  Yes, you were right about that, but not about the joke.

that reminded me of the sexual harassment episode.
Dwight:  Hey, Toby, you said we could come to you with any questions.
Toby:  Yes.
Dwight:  Where's the clitoris?  On a website, it said it was at the crest of the the labia.  What does that mean?  What does the female vagina look like?
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Pancho

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2006, 02:57:23 PM »
Yet another great episode last night. For me, the funniest part was when Creed said "hello to all his friends in China" and then pointed at the camera for emphasis. That, or at the beginning when Dwight blindsides Ryan. And Jim's connecting flight to Mordor line was classic, and well delivered.
"Not for people who live in Alaska. Or people with night-vision goggles."

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2006, 03:41:36 PM »
My good buddy/stalking victim (same thing, no?) Jenna Fischer was on Conan O'Brien last night.  Her giddy personality is a complete contrast of Pam, but Bob Costas didn't seem to mind.

Quote from: Andy on March 03, 2006, 08:39:37 AM
An underrated moment was when Pam and Kelly and Ryan were in the break room talking about Pam's wedding when Kelly said: "I can't wait to get married."

This was probably the bread winner for me last night.  That and the screamed "blood turns the wheel of history" line.  Oh, and Kevin's suggestion of Hedonism.  His office temperature preference was easily telegraphed, but his reaction to his own line was pretty worthy.
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

Huey

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2006, 11:07:30 PM »
Kevin's a genuine diamond in the rough on that show.  It would seem that his BBC counterpart is Keith,  but he's started to take off on his own.

His whole "I got your back" thing a few weeks ago with Jim vis-a-vis Roy was gold, Jerry.  Particulalry when he proved that he did, indeed have Jim's back by quietly sliding out from behind a shelf, and into focus, after what he thought was a near-confrontation between the two.

Blee

• YAAAAAAAANKEE SWAP
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2006, 01:30:43 AM »
http://www.glarkware.com/securestore/c188252p16758171.2.html

Nifty shirt available this month at Television Without Pity
Different frogs, different times.

berserker

« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2006, 08:24:26 AM »

The laugh-out-loud moment this week (for me anyway) was the look Pam gave the camera after Angela wished Dwight good luck

berserker

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2006, 05:07:11 PM »

Although consecutive posting is pretty weak, it's worth noting that nbc.com currently has an outstanding Dwight montage.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2006, 04:53:11 PM »
Tomorrow night's is (according to the Web site) a re-run.  But it's a classic.  The Diversity Day one from last year that was the first truly great episode in the show's American history.

However, Entertainment Weekly says it's not a re-run, but rather the much anticipated (and long rumored) Bring Your Daughter To Work Day episode.  Maybe that's next week?