News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,350 )

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2006, 01:14:30 PM »
I hate school and I hate all of you.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2006, 01:17:01 PM »
Quote from: Andy on September 22, 2006, 10:34:54 AM

I liked the girl who sits behind Jim in Stamford with her, "What's with the new guy?  He's always making these weird faces to the camera?  What's that about?"

Jim's gonna be hittin' that before it's all said and done.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

forkserker

« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2006, 02:09:40 PM »
Quote from: CPT on September 22, 2006, 12:44:52 PM
Quote from: The Slak on September 22, 2006, 12:24:10 PM
Quote from: forkserker on September 22, 2006, 12:22:32 PM
Quote from: The Slak on September 22, 2006, 10:58:52 AM
Quote from: KD on September 22, 2006, 10:58:09 AM
The women who made the comment about Jim mugging for the camera is the daughter of Quincy Jones.  I was about to type "the daughter of someone famous who I can't remember," but then I remembered that the women who made the comment about Jim mugging for the camera is the daughter of Quincy Jones.

She was in Stella.  My girlfriend told me the name of some other show she was in, a more popular show, but I've forgotten it and haven't remembered the name during the course of writing this sentence.

She's been on Chappelle's Show too. She's very recognizable.

She was on Boston Public...her mom's Peggy Lipton from "Mod Squad".

THATS what I really remember her from...thank you. It was killing me.

You guys just outed yourselves as watchers of Boston Public.

Nah - I outed myself as someone who went to imdb

TG

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #213 on: September 28, 2006, 08:33:16 PM »
Dwight got a hooker.  Dwight got a hooker! 

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #214 on: September 28, 2006, 09:09:32 PM »
So, Toby's got a crush on Pam.  Now Jim knows about the wedding.  How're they gonna get Jim back to Scranton?

forkserker

« Reply #215 on: September 28, 2006, 11:13:52 PM »
Quote from: TG on September 28, 2006, 08:33:16 PM

I kept waiting for Jim to realize who he saw in Dwight's room.

JD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #216 on: September 28, 2006, 11:55:07 PM »
Quote from: forkserker on September 28, 2006, 11:13:52 PM
Quote from: TG on September 28, 2006, 08:33:16 PM

I kept waiting for Jim to realize who he saw in Dwight's room.

I don't think he was looking at her face.  I bet she recognized him, though. 

TG

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #217 on: September 29, 2006, 08:03:00 AM »
I also liked Creed at the beginning where he said "That's Andrea, the office bitch."  And then he introduced himself to Meredith.  I think the show needs more Creed.

Ivy6

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #218 on: September 29, 2006, 08:41:08 AM »
Quote from: TG on September 29, 2006, 08:03:00 AM
I also liked Creed at the beginning where he said "That's Andrea, the office bitch."  And then he introduced himself to Meredith.  I think the show needs more Creed.

This was my favorite part- bonus points because he started eating Angela's food.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #219 on: September 29, 2006, 08:58:36 AM »
"I saw you handing out sheckles.  How does somebody go about getting on that train?"

"Why do they call him The Bus?"
"Because he's afraid to fly."

"I hope that's urine."

Michael actually gave us a subliminal "That's what she said," last night, when Jan said, "I can't stay on top of you 24/7, Michael."  He just looked at the camera and tried to not physically say it.

"She took the slow train from Philadelphia."

"Ain't no party like a Scranton party!"

"I love inside jokes.  I'd love to be in one of those some day."

What I know about this season is boiling down to a Stamford-Scranton merger, or at the very least the closing of the Stamford branch altogether.  Steve Carrell talked about how during the season Andy (Ed Helms) and Michael "get along famously."  It's also been written that Helms and Rashida Jones (the one who sits behind Jim in Stamford) have been signed for the entire season, and that at some point, Jim and Rashida (I forget what her character's name is) will date.  I like how the show throws in little things to make us realize that for all of his weird and awkward mannerisms, Michael's actually a pretty good salesman.  He closed the account with the count last year at Chili's and apparently last night he and some mid-level Hammermill guy pounded out an agreement to let Dunder Mifflin sell their paper.  If I had to guess, I'd say the Scranton branch costs less to run than the Stamford one does, and probably has a bigger share of a smaller market, leading to Dunder closing Stamford and sending some of those employees out to other branches.  Just a guess, though.

The Slak

• Former Aardsomologist; Current Cottolingist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #220 on: September 29, 2006, 09:20:03 AM »
Quote from: Andy on September 29, 2006, 08:58:36 AM
"I saw you handing out sheckles.  How does somebody go about getting on that train?"

"I hope that's urine."

Michael actually gave us a subliminal "That's what she said," last night, when Jan said, "I can't stay on top of you 24/7, Michael."  He just looked at the camera and tried to not physically say it.

What I know about this season is boiling down to a Stamford-Scranton merger, or at the very least the closing of the Stamford branch altogether.  Steve Carrell talked about how during the season Andy (Ed Helms) and Michael "get along famously."  It's also been written that Helms and Rashida Jones (the one who sits behind Jim in Stamford) have been signed for the entire season, and that at some point, Jim and Rashida (I forget what her character's name is) will date.  I like how the show throws in little things to make us realize that for all of his weird and awkward mannerisms, Michael's actually a pretty good salesman.  He closed the account with the count last year at Chili's and apparently last night he and some mid-level Hammermill guy pounded out an agreement to let Dunder Mifflin sell their paper.  If I had to guess, I'd say the Scranton branch costs less to run than the Stamford one does, and probably has a bigger share of a smaller market, leading to Dunder closing Stamford and sending some of those employees out to other branches.  Just a guess, though.

That's the most detalied analysis of a tv show I've ever read. You are truly a big picture guy.

forkserker

« Reply #221 on: September 29, 2006, 09:34:08 AM »

"I hope that's urine."

I thought about that when Jim and (Chip from Whose Line) whipped out their Blackberries.

williams

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #222 on: September 29, 2006, 09:40:37 AM »

The BBC version handled the merging of the branches perfectly.

"That's true, you will have to put out."

SD

• Victim Of The Cubs Crack/Quack Medical Staff
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #223 on: September 29, 2006, 04:02:58 PM »
Toby walking into an empty room with just Pam, and walking straight the hell out -- now that was funny.  Only too funny, because I fully suspect I'll be doing the same over 100 times when I start my office gig.

As good as The Office was last night, and oh, she was good, I'd have to motion that Earl was even better.  Earl was always good, but their season finale from last season was absolutely insane.  They've been on fire ever since.  Excuse me, my eye keeps twitching.  Jump for Joy!
Alpha And Omega.  The Beginning And The End.  The First And The Last.

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #224 on: September 29, 2006, 04:10:35 PM »
Last night was one of those rare times when Earl went from "The Office Opening Act" to something more.  Earl was hilarious last night.  I always like the show, but that was one of their finest efforts.  Of course it was set up as the perfect storm, it was 30 minutes of Joy in her two natural habitats, prison and a strip club.  Hilarious.  The stuff they get away with (especially now that they're on at 7 p.m.) astounds me.  Bravo.  It's almost enough to allow me to forgive Greg Garcia for creating "Yes, Dear."

Almost.