News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Office  ( 310,306 )

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Office
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2007, 02:29:32 PM »
Quote from: Apex on January 12, 2007, 02:24:11 PM
Quote from: TG on January 12, 2007, 01:24:57 PM
Quote from: Huey on January 12, 2007, 12:24:39 PM

Last year, Kevin was my favorite secondary character, but Stanley has basically closed the gap.  I’ve said it before, but what’s great about this show is the depth of these secondary characters.

I still think Kelly is pretty underrated.  She hasn't been on much lately, but if she's on an episode, she usually has at least one pretty good line.

We be-long together, Ryan...

I'm still singing that around the house in her annoying voice. can't help it. too funny.

Me and my girlfriend heard that song in the car not too long after the episode aired.  She sang it and slipped my name in there with the Kelly-look in her eyes.  I proposed immediately after that and now she's my fiance.* 

*what really happened was I started laughing and she did, too.  we're not really engaged.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: January 12, 2007, 02:41:01 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on January 12, 2007, 02:29:32 PM

Last year, Kevin was my favorite secondary character, but Stanley has basically closed the gap.  I’ve said it before, but what’s great about this show is the depth of these secondary characters.

I still think Kelly is pretty underrated.  She hasn't been on much lately, but if she's on an episode, she usually has at least one pretty good line.

I'm still singing that around the house in her annoying voice. can't help it. too funny.

Me and my girlfriend heard that song in the car not too long after the episode aired.  She sang it and slipped my name in there with the Kelly-look in her eyes.  I proposed immediately after that and now she's my fiance.* 

*what really happened was I started laughing and she did, too.  we're not really engaged.

That's a cute story. But if that song ever played in a car while I was in it, I'd open the door and jump out. Don't care if the sumbitch was moving or how fast.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: January 12, 2007, 02:44:03 PM »
Quote from: Apex on January 12, 2007, 02:41:01 PM

That's a cute story. But if that song ever played in a car while I was in it, I'd open the door and jump out. Don't care if the sumbitch was moving or how fast.

If you were with me, then I wouldn't let you jump out.  We belong together, Apex.
"Ad hominem attacks, and childish ones at that, do not an argument make."----- IT

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: January 12, 2007, 03:37:40 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on January 12, 2007, 02:44:03 PM
Quote from: Apex on January 12, 2007, 02:41:01 PM

If you were with me, then I wouldn't let you jump out.  We belong together, Apex.

Wait, you asked Apex to marry you?

Neifilicious

« Reply #394 on: January 16, 2007, 07:58:43 PM »
Oompa Loompa Doompaty Dossum
Dwight is now gone, which is totally awesome.
Why is he gone, he was such a nice guy?
No, he was not, he was a total douche.
Doompaty Doomp!

He'll be back in the next episode.

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: January 16, 2007, 08:13:49 PM »
I don't think any of us really thought Dwight was gone for good.  Now, that nbc.com message board, on the other hand...

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: January 18, 2007, 07:49:18 PM »
I don't like Ryan. 

At all. 

CPT

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: January 18, 2007, 08:29:45 PM »
Quote from: JD, Too on January 18, 2007, 07:49:18 PM
I don't like Ryan. 

At all. 

Nope, he's a jerk.  But I laughed out loud when he drew the tilde over the N for the Mexican Lemonade.

"I don't trust you Phyllis."
If we're so fucking superior, why are we working here?

Taylor

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: January 18, 2007, 08:43:07 PM »
Quote from: MDZ on January 12, 2007, 12:27:32 PM
In addition to Michael's sales ability, last night showed Dwight's.  I think they mentioned that he was their top rep during last season, and it was nice to see him in action.  The biggest (and kind of only) flaw that I saw in the BBC version was that David Brent was always a doofus, and never showed an ability to sell anything.

Intrepid Reader: David Brent

Quote"What is the single most important thing for a company? Is it the building? Is it the stock? Is it the turnover? It's the people, investment in people. My proudest moment here wasn't when I increased profits by seventeen per cent, or cut expenditure without losing a single member of staff. No. It was a young Greek guy, first job in the country, hardly spoke a word of English, but he came to me and he went, 'Mr. Brent, will you be the Godfather to my child?', so. (beat) Didn't happen in the end. We had to let him go, he was rubbish. He was rubbish"
"Now I can start to see some of the ways that this team has lost ball games." Lou

JD, Too

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: January 18, 2007, 08:44:59 PM »
Quote from: CPT on January 18, 2007, 08:29:45 PM
Quote from: JD, Too on January 18, 2007, 07:49:18 PM
I don't like Ryan. 

At all. 

Nope, he's a jerk.  But I laughed out loud when he drew the tilde over the N for the Mexican Lemonade.

"I don't trust you Phyllis."

Tilde?  What?  That's called a squiggly line, dude.  

They've done a good job of making it so I don't care if Andy or Karen leaves now.  Actually, I still want Karen there cuz she's hot.  But then it would just turn into Friends or the thing that's How I Met Your Mother has become.  

EG

• Editor, The 3 A.M. Assumptive Reader's Review of the Perfect Verses.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2007, 09:23:20 PM »
Did you enjoy your gay-cation?

I thought of that like two seconds after you left.

forkserker

« Reply #401 on: January 19, 2007, 07:39:13 AM »

Dwight working in a Staples while waiting for something better to come along?

Shit. I'm Dwight.

JS

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: January 19, 2007, 07:45:03 AM »
I can't stand Ryan anymore.

It looks like were getting closer to Karen and Andy leaving.

Dwight's three resume versions and his words to describe himself were great.

Old Style Man

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2007, 08:49:02 AM »
"I liked you better as an intern."

"So did I."

Awesome episode. Of course I say that every week. Dwight psyching himself up for interviews was great. Who'd a thought that Dwight is the glue that keeps Dunder Mifflen rolling? There has to be a final conflict between Dwight and Andy that ends in Andy's departure. I can't see that ending any other way.

I also saw that NBC has picked up the Office for next season. I hope they don't lose any key people. I don't know how much longer Steve Carrell can keep doing a network show. He's kind of a big deal.

BananaHands

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: January 19, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
Alpha-male.