News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: New Music & Stuff I Recently Acquired  ( 163,420 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: New Music & Stuff I Recently Acquired
« Reply #525 on: December 05, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 05, 2013, 04:58:27 PM
Apparently the new Phoenix and Sigur Ros sucked.

This was actually a pretty damn good year for music, though.  What are your lists, Desipiots?  Chvrches at #3 is a pretty good showing for a debut band, but there's an argument to move them even higher.  I think the Naked and Famous deserve more love for In Rolling Waves than they're getting, too.

How in the blue fuck are people putting Kanye at the top of these lists? He was second on Rolling Stone's. I feel like people are listening to it, and feeling like it's really not good but they're afraid to admit how bad it is to each other. One day somebody's going to stand up in a room full of these motherfuckers and say NO!!!! NO!!!! KANYE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE AND I HOPE HE GETS HIS TONGUE CUT OUT OF HIS FUCKING HEAD AND FED TO A GILA MONSTER!!!!!

I'm gonna fucking die.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #526 on: December 05, 2013, 05:54:01 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on December 05, 2013, 05:46:00 PM

This was actually a pretty damn good year for music, though.  What are your lists, Desipiots?  Chvrches at #3 is a pretty good showing for a debut band, but there's an argument to move them even higher.  I think the Naked and Famous deserve more love for In Rolling Waves than they're getting, too.

How in the blue fuck are people putting Kanye at the top of these lists? He was second on Rolling Stone's. I feel like people are listening to it, and feeling like it's really not good but they're afraid to admit how bad it is to each other. One day somebody's going to stand up in a room full of these motherfuckers and say NO!!!! NO!!!! KANYE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE AND I HOPE HE GETS HIS TONGUE CUT OUT OF HIS FUCKING HEAD AND FED TO A GILA MONSTER!!!!!

I'm gonna fucking die.

I opened that list, skimmed down to see Yeezus at the top, and promptly closed it.

I feel like these people aren't listening to it and just assume it's good because they see every other music critics tongue-polishing Kanye's taint. Or maybe I just listened to a different Yeezus and it's actually not a flaming pile of garbage. But whatever I listened to certainly bore all the familiar hallmarks of a flaming pile of garbage.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #527 on: December 05, 2013, 06:08:52 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on December 05, 2013, 05:54:01 PM

I'm gonna fucking die.

I opened that list, skimmed down to see Yeezus at the top, and promptly closed it.

I feel like these people aren't listening to it and just assume it's good because they see every other music critics tongue-polishing Kanye's taint. Or maybe I just listened to a different Yeezus and it's actually not a flaming pile of garbage. But whatever I listened to certainly bore all the familiar hallmarks of a flaming pile of garbage.

Yeah, I was disappointed with that too.  I watched the ridiculous Kim K Naked On a Bike video and thought, well, this song's nothing special.  Which is exactly what I thought of the other songs I heard from it.  Maybe I didn't listen to the life-changing ones.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #528 on: December 05, 2013, 06:11:22 PM »

I'm gonna fucking die.

Speaking of Rolling Stone, holy shit is this slideshow design terrible.  No "view on one page" link?  Fuck you too, Rolling Stone.

ETA: Any publication that thinks Miley Freaking Cyrus's album was better than Chvrches is really not worth paying attention to.  Maybe this is why RS literally gives their magazine away for free, to me, every month, even though no one I've ever known has ever paid a dime for it.  I've been a "subscriber" for three years now, and your guess is as good as mine.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #529 on: December 05, 2013, 06:53:15 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 05, 2013, 06:11:22 PM
Maybe this is why RS literally gives their magazine away for free, to me, every month, even though no one I've ever known has ever paid a dime for it.  I've been a "subscriber" for three years now, and your guess is as good as mine.

http://www.desipio.com/?p=1529

QuoteI have Chuck's address...looks like he's going to start getting some fresh mail!
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #530 on: December 06, 2013, 08:22:43 AM »
Looking forward to seeing if any major outlets have the balls not to give Kanye the #1 spot

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #531 on: December 06, 2013, 12:42:56 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 06, 2013, 08:22:43 AM
Looking forward to seeing if any major outlets have the balls not to give Kanye the #1 spot

Lest he berate them in one of his weird, shitty concerts or asinine auto-analingual interviews? I doubt it.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #532 on: December 06, 2013, 06:25:30 PM »

Very much this/time to post

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #533 on: December 09, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on December 06, 2013, 06:25:30 PM

Here is one.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #534 on: December 09, 2013, 02:11:28 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 09, 2013, 01:52:29 PM

Here is one.

And look at number one. Goddamn you Rolling Stone. To hell.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #535 on: December 09, 2013, 03:37:39 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 09, 2013, 02:11:28 PM

Here is one.

What a fucking joke.  It *is* a joke, right?

They also have a list of the 100 greatest singers ever in which Mariah Carey appears, and Steve Marriott doesn't.

And neither does Paul DiAnno.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #536 on: December 09, 2013, 03:44:40 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on December 09, 2013, 03:37:39 PM

Here is one.

They also have a list of the 100 greatest singers ever in which Mariah Carey appears, and Steve Marriott doesn't.

Any list in slideshow format, or where you have to click on 50 right or left arrows to see the results is official.
I'm not sure how you all do it in Europe, probably with some fancy list or whatnot, but this is as good as it gets.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #537 on: December 09, 2013, 03:52:43 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 09, 2013, 03:44:40 PM

Here is one.

Any list in slideshow format, or where you have to click on 50 right or left arrows to see the results is official.
I'm not sure how you all do it in Europe, probably with some fancy list or whatnot, but this is as good as it gets.

Tonk reads Q, where every ranking is Beatles/Oasis/Morrissey.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #538 on: December 09, 2013, 06:25:32 PM »
Quote from: Fork on December 09, 2013, 03:52:43 PM
Quote from: BH on December 09, 2013, 03:44:40 PM

Here is one.

Tonk reads Q, where every ranking is Beatles/Oasis/Morrissey.

You forgot the fourth listing: Flash In the Pan Band That Stands No Chance Of Breaking America and Will Be a Footnote In Ten Years.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #539 on: December 09, 2013, 08:14:50 PM »

Here is one.

Bah, she is more of a vocalist than a singer