News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 203,066 )

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #345 on: September 27, 2009, 08:06:49 PM »
Is it me or was Nick Roach better at middle linebacker than Hillenmeyer.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: September 27, 2009, 08:27:39 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on September 27, 2009, 08:06:49 PM
Is it me or was Nick Roach better at middle linebacker than Hillenmeyer.

It wasn't just you. Not to be a dick or anything but I'm glad Helen got hurt. It was getting a bit tiresome watching him get ground into Summer's Eve itch powder on every running play ever. Roach brings speed and athleticism which they need with Urlacher out. Moving the defense around before the snap? I don't really know how good Urlacher ever was at that and that was all Helen was ever good for. He should go announce Vanderbilt games or coach their linebackers and leave my life forever.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: September 27, 2009, 08:29:44 PM »
I'm an idiot, so you shouldn't really listen to me, but I wasn't really seeing all that much to complain about from Helen so far.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: September 27, 2009, 08:34:05 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 27, 2009, 08:29:44 PM
I'm an idiot, so you shouldn't really listen to me, but I wasn't really seeing all that much to complain about from Helen so far.

It was hard to see him at all because he was usually being digested by one of the other team's interior O-Linemen. Or dropping back into a zone and covering nothing in particular.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: September 27, 2009, 09:06:57 PM »
I don't really have a problem with Hunter, but as far as I could tell Roach was somewhere around adequate. I'd just like Pisa back and then they can just shuffle in the three headed Willenmeyeroach monster at mike.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: September 28, 2009, 08:05:07 AM »
Jake Utler is the balls. The fact that the guy completed 78% of his passes, threw three touchdowns, skillfully evaded the pass rush all day, and calmly led the team on the game winning drive - and he's barely been mentioned in the discussion of yesterday's game because we already expect him to be this good...it's fun to finally have an 'uther 'uckin quarterback.

Also, Lance Briggs is playing like a manimal out there.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: September 28, 2009, 08:10:30 AM »
DPD. I generally don't have as much of a beef with Turner's play-calling as others here (with the exception of his strange obsession with that toss play that never, ever works). But why on Atheismo's stinking earth did Garrett Wolfe get three straight carries in the 4th quarter of an NFL game? Why was he even in the game at that point?

On the flip side, I really like what Lovie's doing with the defense this year. He's calling a shit ton of blitzes and I love it.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: September 28, 2009, 08:15:09 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 28, 2009, 08:10:30 AM
DPD. I generally don't have as much of a beef with Turner's play-calling as others here (with the exception of his strange obsession with that toss play that never, ever works). But why on Atheismo's stinking earth did Garrett Wolfe get three straight carries in the 4th quarter of an NFL game? Why was he even in the game at that point?

On the flip side, I really like what Lovie's doing with the defense this year. He's calling a shit ton of blitzes and I love it.

I've been Turner's biggest defender (despite the mess he made of the Illinois football program) for years now, but he's been off his game so far this season. The offensive line is the main culprit for the team's failure to run the ball, but Turner's insistence on tosses and delayed handoffs hasn't helped. However, the Garrett Wolfe thing was due to Forte getting dinged up on the play before Wolfe came in, I believe. They got Forte back out there as soon as possible. Damn do I miss Kevin Jones.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: September 28, 2009, 08:19:31 AM »
DPD- Houshmandzadeh naturally deflected the blame for his turd of a performance on his quarterback. "I was open all game," he said, per the Chicago Tribune.  "They just didn't throw me the ball." Did the quarterback make you fumble, shithead?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: September 28, 2009, 08:21:32 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 28, 2009, 08:19:31 AM
DPD- Houshmandzadeh naturally deflected the blame for his turd of a performance on his quarterback. "I was open all game," he said, per the Chicago Tribune.  "They just didn't throw me the ball." Did the quarterback make you fumble, shithead?

Can we trade him for Bradley?

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: September 28, 2009, 08:22:08 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 28, 2009, 08:15:09 AM

I've been Turner's biggest defender (despite the mess he made of the Illinois football program) for years now, but he's been off his game so far this season. The offensive line is the main culprit for the team's failure to run the ball, but Turner's insistence on tosses and delayed handoffs hasn't helped. However, the Garrett Wolfe thing was due to Forte getting dinged up on the play before Wolfe came in, I believe. They got Forte back out there as soon as possible. Damn do I miss Kevin Jones.

I was fine with the first two hand-offs to the little guy. But the third straight on third and short?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: September 28, 2009, 08:35:57 AM »

I've liked Lovie's playcalling as well. Eventually, the pressure that Wallace was avoiding finally forced him into a critical mistake.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #357 on: September 28, 2009, 09:00:51 AM »

I think it's great that they're making an effort to give Forte more of a breather this season, but Peterson should get the call over Wolfe no matter the situation.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: September 28, 2009, 09:36:04 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 28, 2009, 09:00:51 AM

I think it's great that they're making an effort to give Forte more of a breather this season, but Peterson should get the call over Wolfe no matter the situation.

This. Kevin Jones or no, OJ needs to be the No. 2 back.

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: September 28, 2009, 10:53:44 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 28, 2009, 08:05:07 AM
Jake Utler is the balls. The fact that the guy completed 78% of his passes, threw three touchdowns, skillfully evaded the pass rush all day, and calmly led the team on the game winning drive - and he's barely been mentioned in the discussion of yesterday's game because we already expect him to be this good...it's fun to finally have an 'uther 'uckin quarterback.

Also, Lance Briggs is playing like a manimal out there.

This.