News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 203,083 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #675 on: October 25, 2009, 10:38:07 PM »
Quote from: Ghost of Dave Rosello on October 25, 2009, 09:29:57 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2009, 09:12:40 PM
Do fans in other cities have to deal with this kind of shit as often as we do? I guess in Cincinnati they do. This was their Super Bowl. Hip hooray and fuck them.

Pitchers and catchers report in five months so we've got that going for us.

Child, please.

+

+

=
UNDETEATFTED OCTAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS!!1!!!!!!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #676 on: October 25, 2009, 11:03:22 PM »
Who's the mime in front of Manning?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #677 on: October 25, 2009, 11:22:31 PM »
No gutless asshole thread after that one?  This place has really gone downhill.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #678 on: October 26, 2009, 04:24:02 AM »
Quote from: B-B-Bears on October 25, 2009, 11:22:31 PM

All I know is Angelo is a idiot for trading Orton and waiving Tank Johnson and Cedric Benson. 

Did you see the facial hair on benson it was almost stubble!

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #679 on: October 26, 2009, 07:03:42 AM »
Do fans in other cities have to deal with this kind of shit as often as we do? I guess in Cincinnati they do. This was their Super Bowl. Hip hooray and fuck them.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #680 on: October 26, 2009, 07:20:40 AM »
Well all I can ANGER is that RAGE and ANGER really ANGERANGER and quite frankly RAGE and I just don't RAGE how this ANGER is going to get any ANGER and the RAGE is just ANGER without any draft picks RAGE.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #681 on: October 26, 2009, 08:30:51 AM »

Gutless assholes threads are overreactions to minor hiccups in a marathon of a season.

That game yesterday, on the other hand... I think maybe we'd all just as soon not talk about that for now.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #682 on: October 26, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 26, 2009, 08:30:51 AM

Gutless assholes threads are overreactions to minor hiccups in a marathon of a season.

That game yesterday, on the other hand... I think maybe we'd all just as soon not talk about that for now.

Imagine if Jake Utler was a morgan?  I can't, but could you? 
We need T.O. 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #684 on: October 26, 2009, 08:56:43 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 26, 2009, 08:51:58 AM
What the hell?

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009/10/confusing_case_harris_says_sor.html

From the comments:  Classic.

"1. Look at his contract. Perhaps the Bears are trying to keep him from reaching certain levels by holding him out from time to time. I have no idea what his contract looks like, I'm just sayin."

Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #685 on: October 26, 2009, 08:57:15 AM »
The mouthbreathers who were pissed about Cutler not smiling are now furious that Harris and Vasher were smiling yesterday.  What this team needs is either more or less EMOTION.
Hire Jim Essian!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #686 on: October 26, 2009, 08:59:05 AM »
What the hell?

Christ. Cut him this offseason. Cut Vasher too, cut Pace while they're at it. Free up all the cap space you can, then just go Dan Snyder on everything and sign every overrated free agent you can find. Just burn this fucking thing down. Anything else I can grossly overreact to?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #687 on: October 26, 2009, 09:16:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2009, 08:59:05 AM
What the hell?

Christ. Cut him this offseason. Cut Vasher too, cut Pace while they're at it. Free up all the cap space you can, then just go Dan Snyder on everything and sign every overrated free agent you can find. Just burn this fucking thing down. Anything else I can grossly overreact to?

I just have no idea what's going on with Tommie. Jerry says he's healthy, then Lovie says he's not. Then Tommie says he is. There must've been extra tard juice in the water cooler at Halas Hall this week.

As for the next entry on Biggs' blog, I found two comments that actually make some sense.

QuoteBy Mike S on October 26, 2009 4:00 AM

An Unemotional take on the Bears game:

1) Offense:

a) It would appear 99% of the problem is based on the offensive line.
They can't run or pass block. You could put any RB out there and he couldn't get more than 2.5 yards per carry (except for maybe Barry Sanders-because he was never used to having an OL).
The pass blocking is of course atrocious as well. Anyone wonder why Cutler is only taking 3 step drops? Because the the OL can't protect him for 5 and 7 step drops. Hence we have no deep passing game.
b) thoughts on Jay Cutler: He is probably as good or better than expected. We would probably 2 more losses (SEA, PIT) without him (although Orton probably would have won the GB game). If you blame those interceptions yesterday on him you weren't really watching the game. When you get hit every time you drop back then even Peyton Manning is going to throw picks. If Cutler were more immature he would be calling out the OL publicly but of course that doesn't help.
c) I predict Josh Beekman will replace Frank Omiyale this week. I doubt we will see other changes.

2) Defense:

a) the secondary is actually a little better than what I thought it would be. We could win with the secondary as it is if there was a consistent pass rush.

b) Adewale Oglunleye and Alex Brown just aren't very good pass rushers. Of course they could look really really good if there was penetration from the 3 technique DT which would prevent the opposing QB from stepping up in the pocket-(something that makes average DE's look like probowlers).

QuoteBy Joe Felicelli on October 26, 2009 8:45 AM

Omiyale and Pace may be the worst left side in my lifetime as a Bear fan. It might even be worse than when Stan Thomas was at left tackle. Qasim Mitchell, Mike Gandy, John St. Clair....this is no better. The only way Pace can block anybody is when they try to bull rush him, as he can get into them and lean on them until they collapse. Omiyale can't even get out of his stance to make a block. He seems to think he can extend with a hand punch, and that is enough to stop his opponent. Shaffer at RT, Beekman at LG, and a move to LT for Williams is the right call to make coming up on Cleveland. That is pretty well a non-contact scrimmage for us, so it should be a good chance to find out if we can actually protect Cutler for more than 2 seconds.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #688 on: October 26, 2009, 09:25:19 AM »
Quote from: R-V on October 26, 2009, 09:16:14 AM
Quote from: SKO on October 26, 2009, 08:59:05 AM
What the hell?

I just have no idea what's going on with Tommie. Jerry says he's healthy, then Lovie says he's not. Then Tommie says he is. There must've been extra tard juice in the water cooler at Halas Hall this week.

As for the next entry on Biggs' blog, I found two comments that actually make some sense.

QuoteBy Mike S on October 26, 2009 4:00 AM

An Unemotional take on the Bears game:

1) Offense:

a) It would appear 99% of the problem is based on the offensive line.
They can't run or pass block. You could put any RB out there and he couldn't get more than 2.5 yards per carry (except for maybe Barry Sanders-because he was never used to having an OL).
The pass blocking is of course atrocious as well. Anyone wonder why Cutler is only taking 3 step drops? Because the the OL can't protect him for 5 and 7 step drops. Hence we have no deep passing game.
b) thoughts on Jay Cutler: He is probably as good or better than expected. We would probably 2 more losses (SEA, PIT) without him (although Orton probably would have won the GB game). If you blame those interceptions yesterday on him you weren't really watching the game. When you get hit every time you drop back then even Peyton Manning is going to throw picks. If Cutler were more immature he would be calling out the OL publicly but of course that doesn't help.
c) I predict Josh Beekman will replace Frank Omiyale this week. I doubt we will see other changes.

2) Defense:

a) the secondary is actually a little better than what I thought it would be. We could win with the secondary as it is if there was a consistent pass rush.

b) Adewale Oglunleye and Alex Brown just aren't very good pass rushers. Of course they could look really really good if there was penetration from the 3 technique DT which would prevent the opposing QB from stepping up in the pocket-(something that makes average DE's look like probowlers).

QuoteBy Joe Felicelli on October 26, 2009 8:45 AM

Omiyale and Pace may be the worst left side in my lifetime as a Bear fan. It might even be worse than when Stan Thomas was at left tackle. Qasim Mitchell, Mike Gandy, John St. Clair....this is no better. The only way Pace can block anybody is when they try to bull rush him, as he can get into them and lean on them until they collapse. Omiyale can't even get out of his stance to make a block. He seems to think he can extend with a hand punch, and that is enough to stop his opponent. Shaffer at RT, Beekman at LG, and a move to LT for Williams is the right call to make coming up on Cleveland. That is pretty well a non-contact scrimmage for us, so it should be a good chance to find out if we can actually protect Cutler for more than 2 seconds.

I've got no problem with that guy's proposed offensive line alignment. It can't be any worse than what's out there right now, and they may as well give Williams his shot at the left tackle position anyway. It's what they drafted him to be, and other than a few penalties he's actually looked alright. Pace and Omiyale just suck, and there's no excuse that can really be made for them at this point.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #689 on: October 26, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on October 25, 2009, 10:38:07 PM

Child, please.

UNDETEATFTED OCTAROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONS!!1!!!!!!

BONERTIME
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"