News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers  ( 203,079 )

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: 2009-10 Bears Season: Utler, 'Uther 'Uckers
« Reply #885 on: November 09, 2009, 02:39:42 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 09, 2009, 02:32:48 PM
Now that Dave Kaplan is tweeting about firing Lovie Smith, I've become Lovie's number one fan.

THIS THIS THIS THIS

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #886 on: November 09, 2009, 02:57:16 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 09, 2009, 11:51:14 AM
I have the feeling this is going to be one of the finest Meatball Fan weeks in Bears history.

Let the angst over the Bears letting Singletary get away commence.

Did you actually listen to Buffone after the game?  I didn't, either.  But on the astonishingly terrible Danny Mac Show, they played a rant from Doug that would have been epic if it didn't sound so fake.  He was shouting into the microphone for about three minutes straight.  I am actually looking forward to hearing Boers & Bernstein slam the mouth-breathers on the ride home.
Hire Jim Essian!

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #887 on: November 09, 2009, 03:26:21 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on November 09, 2009, 02:57:16 PM
I have the feeling this is going to be one of the finest Meatball Fan weeks in Bears history.

Did you actually listen to Buffone after the game?  I didn't, either.  But on the astonishingly terrible Danny Mac Show, they played a rant from Doug that would have been epic if it didn't sound so fake.  He was shouting into the microphone for about three minutes straight.  I am actually looking forward to hearing Boers & Bernstein slam the mouth-breathers on the ride home.

They've been pretty resigned to their fate today. They're kicking the tires on a Lovie firing too, throwing Angelo under the bus for the recent draft classes and saying that no coach could take this group of duds anywhere other than the place they're going, which is football hell. So you can skip it and pump Teh Boss turned up to 11 on your commute. You're welcome.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #888 on: November 09, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 09, 2009, 03:26:21 PM

Did you actually listen to Buffone after the game?  I didn't, either.  But on the astonishingly terrible Danny Mac Show, they played a rant from Doug that would have been epic if it didn't sound so fake.  He was shouting into the microphone for about three minutes straight.  I am actually looking forward to hearing Boers & Bernstein slam the mouth-breathers on the ride home.

They've been pretty resigned to their fate today. They're kicking the tires on a Lovie firing too, throwing Angelo under the bus for the recent draft classes and saying that no coach could take this group of duds anyplace other than the place they're going, which is football hell. So you can skip and pump Teh Boss turned up to 11 on your commute. You're welcome.

So this is what's it's come to?  Apex suggesting Cracker Springsteen for the ride home?

The Blackhawks better win tonight...

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #889 on: November 09, 2009, 03:30:50 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on November 09, 2009, 02:29:17 PM
Quote from: flannj on November 09, 2009, 02:17:48 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on November 09, 2009, 12:03:57 PM
Quote from: MAD on November 09, 2009, 11:58:32 AM

You CANNOT WIN WITH THEM!

At least it will be a short week. And if we're keeping track, I officially threw down my 2009 Bears Romeo on when after the blocked FG/FG.

Hey, flannj. Nice sleuthing and FYI:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muV9_caogbU
@ 2:00.

I prefer the word "gone". It's got a sort of woody quality about it.

Caribou, gone.

I'm not going to argue that Monty Python isn't better than Flava Flav. I'm just trying to educate people about early 90s rap slang. Because that's what I do.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #890 on: November 09, 2009, 03:31:28 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on November 09, 2009, 03:28:32 PM

They've been pretty resigned to their fate today. They're kicking the tires on a Lovie firing too, throwing Angelo under the bus for the recent draft classes and saying that no coach could take this group of duds anyplace other than the place they're going, which is football hell. So you can skip and pump Teh Boss turned up to 11 on your commute. You're welcome.

So this is what's it's come to?  Apex suggesting Cracker Springsteen for the ride home?

I assumed he was referring to the female gangster rapper from detroit, "who enjoyed brief popularity in 1993 with her debut album Born Gangstaz. Her name is sometimes spelled Bo$$. The name Boss is a backronym that stands for "Bitch On Some Shit"".

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #891 on: November 09, 2009, 03:31:35 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on November 09, 2009, 12:37:00 PM
Quote from: CBStew on November 09, 2009, 09:10:29 AM
How is this for embarrassing?  When the half time show ended someone from Fox Sports came on and apologized to us in the Bay Area, saying that they thought that they had chosen a competitive game to show us but they obviously hadn't so they were ending their coverage of the Bears/Cardinals game and taking us to the Tampa Bay/Greenbay game because it was better.  Guess what?  They were right.

Got the same message in LA.  I threw my hat at the TV. 

They kept our coverage on until the 10 min mark in the 3rd quarter, though.  It was too much, in my opinion.  I watched Fletch instead.

They switched to the Bucs game here too.

But hey, those Tampa Bay throwbacks were sweet.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #892 on: November 09, 2009, 03:31:56 PM »
Uncle Fuzzy appeared to be reading his rant.  

If he can read, that is.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #893 on: November 09, 2009, 03:33:11 PM »
Quote from: BH on November 09, 2009, 03:31:28 PM

I assumed he was referring to the female gangster rapper from detroit, "who enjoyed brief popularity in 1993 with her debut album Born Gangstaz. Her name is sometimes spelled Bo$$. The name Boss is a backronym that stands for "Bitch On Some Shit"".

Yeah, of course that's what I was talking about.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #894 on: November 09, 2009, 03:40:42 PM »
Quote from: BH on November 09, 2009, 03:31:28 PM

http://www.desipio.com/messageboard/index.php?topic=6543.msg166344#msg166344

Quote from: Internet Apex on February 02, 2009, 07:22:34 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on February 01, 2009, 09:51:50 PM
Quote from: Weebs on February 01, 2009, 09:16:52 PM
Quote from: 5laky on February 01, 2009, 09:15:14 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on February 01, 2009, 09:12:00 PM
ANGRY!

Goddamn fucking Pittsburgh.

How about we talk about the real travesty of this game...was anyone in that halftime show audience under 50?

His name is Bruce Springsteen.  A lot of people under 50 really like his music.

I like The Sopranos. I kind of wish Bruce Cougar Mellonstien was never born though.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #895 on: November 09, 2009, 03:56:34 PM »

I listened to some of the postgame, and it was pretty much the same.  The most outstanding part of it was O'Bradovich did nothing but bitch about the offense, how the way to compensate for the poor pass blocking is to roll Cutler out.  MOVE THE POCKET.  How the fuck he was expecting a bunch of guys who can't pull without smacking into each other to roll out and block, he never explained.  He also didn't explain how you move something that doesn't exist to begin with.  That's a question for the ages.

Buffone was more of his standard
"THERESNOPRIDEORHEARTONTHISTEAMANDTHESEGUYSARESUPPOSETOBEPROFESSIONALSSOPLAYTHEDAMNGAMETHEWAYITWASMEANTTOBEPLAYEDLIKEDICKBUTKUSDID!"

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #896 on: November 09, 2009, 04:01:56 PM »
"Bruce Cougar Mellonstien" LOL!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #897 on: November 09, 2009, 05:03:02 PM »
Quote from: CT III on November 09, 2009, 03:56:34 PM

I listened to some of the postgame, and it was pretty much the same.  The most outstanding part of it was O'Bradovich did nothing but bitch about the offense, how the way to compensate for the poor pass blocking is to roll Cutler out.  MOVE THE POCKET.  How the fuck he was expecting a bunch of guys who can't pull without smacking into each other to roll out and block, he never explained.  He also didn't explain how you move something that doesn't exist to begin with.  That's a question for the ages.

"THERESNOPRIDEORHEARTONTHISTEAMANDTHESEGUYSARESUPPOSETOBEPROFESSIONALSSOPLAYTHEDAMNGAMETHEWAYITWASMEANTTOBEPLAYEDLIKEDICKBUTKUSDID!"

I heard a chunk of this and can confirm. OB would not stop yelling about the goddamn offense. Seriously, OB - watch the fucking game.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #898 on: November 09, 2009, 05:10:45 PM »
Quote from: Slack-E on November 09, 2009, 05:03:02 PM
Quote from: CT III on November 09, 2009, 03:56:34 PM

I heard a chunk of this and can confirm. OB would not stop yelling about the goddamn offense. Seriously, OB - watch the fucking game.

Added link from WGN TV as it was exactly that. Oh, and confirmation that neither Doug Buffone nor Ed O'Bradovich had a hand in any of the play calling.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #899 on: November 10, 2009, 07:24:33 AM »
I watched the Broncos games and then went over to check some of the comments at Broncotalk. I didn't comment, because I'm not a troll and frankly I'm tired of Bronco fans popping over, but some of the comments about Orton were downright hysterical:

"Two games of Chicago Orton! BOOOO!"

"They aren't even trying to throw deep!"

"We have to throw deep at least once to intimidate the damn defenses!"

"I think teams mighta figured out our offsne!"

"I wish I could have Cutler's arm and Orton's brains..."

"Nice job, how many times now has he thrown a 3 yard pass to Bmarsh on 3rd and 7??"

I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015